What features do you wan t to see in iOS 6?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone seen THIS article titled, "15 Suggestions For iOS 6"?

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

saynt j

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Widgets. Or something like it. I set the timer with Siri for 30 min... And then a bit later I asked her how much time was left and this popped up, with the seconds ticking away.... That should be something included in a near iteration of iOS. View attachment 15624

Dave4321

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I really really want to be able to make text bigger with pinch zoom in the browser and have it reflow. it really makes no sense that iOS does not have this basic feature.

anon(1144891)

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
My wish list:

1) toggles for the following functions within the notification window: airplane mode, bluetooth, wifi, and vibrate (from the sounds menu)

2) multiple attachment support for email, which leads to a

3) Files.app system. It doesn't have to be all files stored on the phone. Make it documents & pictures (no music to avoid legal issues). Make an API that allows for storage in the Files.app repository.

4) Updated homescreen features. Maybe some more information shown on the icons, the ability to place icons on the screen wherever in the grid you want, and maybe some icon refreshes (less blue).

5) As Rene said, better interoperability between apps.

I hope they can do this. It would make the OS that much more enjoyable to use. That's my view, anyway.

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk on my iPhone 4S

MrJDCurtis

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
It's never too early to start with the demandments!

What new features are you looking for in iOS 6?

Is there anything major Apple's mobile OS is still missing? Is it time for more refinement? Is it time to redo some things from scratch?

I'd like to see better inter-app communication, like contracts in Windows Phone.

That'd be great for starters.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
I would like to see a refresh to the UI.

Spotlight search getting moved to the top of the notification center or multitasking tray so it is accessable everywhere, and the old spotlight search page getting a new function like maybe another way to access Siri without having to hold the home button.

Widgets would be cool, but I don't want them draining my battery.

Quick replies to texts, tweets, etc

Themes would be nice!

Better multi-tasking! Something like what you can do on iPad by swiping from the side with two fingers. Not only that, but improvements to the multitasking tray such as a delete all button.

More gestures!

Better text selection/editing! Its slow and annoying as is.

That's all for now. I'm sure more stuff will pop into my brain later.

SirVancelot

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
Ability to toggle display of the Time Stamp for text messages. Maybe it could even be thrown in the menu along with "undo typing" for when you shake the phone. I need to see exactly when I received some messages.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I really really want to be able to make text bigger with pinch zoom in the browser and have it reflow. it really makes no sense that iOS does not have this basic feature.

Browser reflow is one thing that I missed when coming from an android device. I am surprised apple has not put this in IOS yet.

tncolts

May 26, 2012
Visit site
Simple Updates to Notifications and Notification Center

I would really like to see Apple include a few minor but very useful (in my opinion) tweaks to the way notifications work. I get notifications all the time that I wish I could just dismiss and not have to see in notification center. For example, let's say that you get notifications from CNBC Real Time; then you know that you usually get about 10-15 a day. Some of them I would like to keep to read later and some I don't care anything about. I think you should be able to dismiss notifications that you don't want to keep or view later. I've included a few mockup attachments below to demonstrate how this might look.

First, dismissing a notification from the lock screen:

View attachment 16132

Next, dismissing a notification while using the device:

View attachment 16133

Any finally, the ability to dismiss an individual notification from the notification center:

View attachment 16134

This just gives the user a little more control and a better experience in my opinion. I just want to be able to keep things in my notification center that I'm really interesting in not necessarily ever single notification that an app provides.

Happy iOSing!!

baseballbert

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like its time to try a Lumia 900 for a lot of you. I've got one in addition to my 4S and I love it. Im finding myself using it more and more.

The ease of which you can communicate/text/email people is awesome. Having people pinned to you
r homescreen is pretty nice, and makes it a hell of a lot easier to Stay in touch.

If ios 6 has something lime that, wow!

email4nickp

May 4, 2011
Visit site
More requests

I'd love an integrated documents manager in which third party apps can access and store data in.
I also would like an enhanced notification centre with WIDGETS.
I'd like an enhanced home screen with widgets.
THEMES! Make us able to customise the look of basic elements like the lock screen, the top bars and bottom bars, the black and whites bars.
Thanks

Enzo83

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Would be nice to 'flick off' apps in the app switcher rather than spending a bit to have em wobble then tap the red circle. Just flick up and gone.

Also in NOTES app--would be really nice if we could take a picture and allow some kind of note below it for instance if I need to go to store to buy a new outlet for my house, I could take a pic of an outlet, type below 'need 3 of these' and it posts kind of like a sticky note. If there is an app for this I would LOVE to know about it---freebie one tho. :) But to have into the app would be great.

Would like to swipe left and right for the next text message/contact once in Messages app instead of tapping top left to go back---just make it simple left and right or up and down--since they are newest-to-oldest.

New ways of opening apps like different kinds of rotation and curves. Not sure how to really call it but that would be nice to see.

When turning phone on the Apple logo on screen should glow always like the first time you update an iOS. That's just fresh if it could do that always. Blingggg!

Cannot wait to see what they have in store for us though!! :)

MrJDCurtis

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Some more things that I've come up with in the recent days after experiencing the wonders of a jailbroken device:

• More security features - Big businesses might eat this feature up. I think this could be the final nail in RIM's coffin, as companys could leave their blackberries behind in favor of iPhones and iPads. This could also be a cool feature for average users who don't want their friends or family seeing their private stuff.
  • Customizable Gestures - If I had to pick one favorite jailbreak app, it would be Activator. What it lets you do is set up custom gestures or hardware button activation methods to launch apps, custom menus of apps, lock your phone, bring up the app switcher, etc. I have a favorite apps menu set to show when i swipe my status bar. I would like to see this or something like it on the default iOS.
  • Weather on the lock screen - Self explanitory.
  • Custom backgrounds in Messages app - I would like to be able to use my homescreen background for the messages app.
  • Custom Keyboard colors - A cool black keyboard would be sweet.
  • Custom Notification center background - Transparency, color, adding a wallpaper to it, etc.

Last edited:

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Posted this in another thread about the same topic:

*notification center iCloud sync- I don't like how if I 'read' a notification on my iPhone how it still appears on my iPad.

*notification center widgets- Apple should allow developers to create notification center widgets. In addition, the iPad should have notification center widgets.

*notification center in lockscreen

*notification center has ability to dismiss notifications on case by case not just by app

•just type in spotlight. Able to post statuses, search dictionary, etc.

*Car Mode a la android

*Ability to theme

*Quick settings in notification center like sbsettings

*Combine iTunes Store, App Store, iBooks Store.

*Fix Newsstand. I hate how periodicals are mixed with apps.

*google+ integration

*Multitasking gestures- like on the iPad.

*siri dev access

*more Siri commands

*siri improvements

•guest login for iPhone, iPad.

•Automatic updates for app store downloads.

•Support for NFC hardware. Wallet like app.

•Keychain access for ios, with import from your Mac. iCloud support, iTunes integration.

•Xbox live like game center.

*live app icons that can display info.

*ability to delete stock apps; redownload from app store if needed.

*Autocorrect bug fixes, improvements.

*Ability to change any alert or ringtone for any app, any contact.

*Apps need a Mac OS X 'services' feature, or Android 'intent' feature. An API that allows apps to communicate to each other.

dublex

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I would love it if contact pictures appeared in the Messages app next to the conversation. That would be less reason for me to jailbreak my iPhone.

joezon

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
What I would like from iOS6

I would love if they gave us the ability to respond to messages without having to interrupt what we are doing, just as some jailbreak tweaks do.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
#1 Widgets, it's make or break time
#2 A stinking notification icon!
#3 UI refresh, Apple shouldn't have the most dated and cumbersome OS in the market
#4 Live icons

The more I think about it I really think it's time to make some major changes, looking at ICS, BB10, and Windows phone makes iOS really look like it's still stuck in 2007.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice