What features do you wan t to see in iOS 6?

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
It's never too early to start with the demandments!

What new features are you looking for in iOS 6?

Is there anything major Apple's mobile OS is still missing? Is it time for more refinement? Is it time to redo some things from scratch?

I'd like to see better inter-app communication, like contracts in Windows Phone.

That'd be great for starters.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I said this in the iOS 5 dream thread and I'll say it again in this one. I want quick change toggles added to the notification drop down bar. Is it really that hard to add 3G/LTE/WiFi on-off quick switch toggles? I mean, this is a feature that has been available via Cydia for some time now and really works out well, IMO. Also, I think it is time that Apple adds widgets to the home screen. I know there are people ther who feel that they are a battery drainer, and I agree to a certain extent. However, from the rumors we've been hearing, Apple is planning on increasing the battery capacity anyway, therefore I don't think widgets will hurt anything at this point. I would also like to see Swype added to the keyboard as well as Heptic feedback. As it stands now, these features are only available via Cydia. I thought once Apple hired that jailbreak guy we would see more features such as the ones that I just mentioned, but so far there have been very few changes from what I've seen......

dublex

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I'd like to see a quick response to an iMessage or text message feature like how it is in BiteSMS (Jailbreak). Also a cool thing I thought of: Allow people to add contacts to their phone using your Apple ID. That way a user can update their Contact information and with iCloud, the information gets updated on everyone's device who has you as their contact. Of course the person who have to accept a Contact invite for this to work. I think its a good idea though.

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I will tell you one thing they need to add in: support to do attachments in the mail app. I'll also say for fun to allow FaceTime through the cellular connection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The ability to tap somewhere on the bottom of the screen to automatically scroll to the bottom like we can now do at the top.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPad 2)

o2sys

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
A brand new "IN YOUR FACE TAKE THAT RIM & OUTLOOK!!!" native Mail app.

Multiple attachments and true PUSH function!

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I still want a BB/Rim-like "bedside manner mode" to turn off any and all notifications but the phone ringing when I have the phone in the cradle on the nightstand.

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Um... why do you have two posts on the same topic (and even in the same forum)?

As for my answer - I already gave it in the other thread - link

reahn

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
i would like to see the old ios 4 toggles back. i dont like the rounded ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapapoop

c_hack

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
- Quick settings option from notification drop down ( like wifi, Bluetooth, airplane mode, etc )
- Widgets
- Ability to set icon placement ( leaving gaps if desired )
- Podcast subscriptions

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
- Quick settings option from notification drop down ( like wifi, Bluetooth, airplane mode, etc )
- Widgets
- Ability to set icon placement ( leaving gaps if desired )
- Podcast subscriptions

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Care to elaborate on Podcast Subscriptions? I thought you can do this already.....:confused:

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm hoping they tweak the notification bar. When you reply to something or have already viewed it, it should automatically clear (and no I'm not talking about when we view it from the bar, previous Android users know). We shouldn't have to clear it on our own.

CrzyP

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Themes
Quick toggles
Browser rendering profiles
Widgets
Ringer profiles
Built in tutorials
More apps in folders

Etermonk

Banned
Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I would like to see:

more advanced Email app - better native support for Gmail and other email services

more advanced Contacts app - create, edit contact groups from within the iPhone