an awesome OS...5 stinks. I want to be able to control my apple device, not the other way around
    03-16-2012 10:11 AM
    Did I get up on the wrong side of the bed today or something lol? When I first joined this site I was asking for all of the things that people are posting in here and got flamed for it. Wondering if now that Jobs left if we would see any of them. Widgets, a functional notification bar with toggles for things like wifi, bluetooth etc, better maps, they are all reasonable things to ask for since BOTH Blackberry and Android share many things that iOS still lacks. On top of that stuff I would like to see

- SIRI's cababilites stored on the Phone, things like make an appointment, call so and so etc.
    - Ability to adapt voice recognition to the user's own voice for more accurate results.
    - Emailing seems a bit tricky currently, if I want to link more than 1 youtube vid for instance, I have to compose the 1st then copy it all, compose the second and paste the 1st in with the 2nd email, this seems a bit tedious to me.
    - Some place quick to get to, to see all your apps at once. When you have a lot buried in folders you sometimes forget about some or cant find them lol.
    - Something new and unique to WOW me as another poster said.
    Last edited by Ruger141; 03-20-2012 at 11:20 PM.
    03-20-2012 11:18 PM
    Yep I really want something that I'm gonna see and say ooh emm gee!! I can't wait for it.

Magically transferred through space and time to the internut on my LifeProof'd iPhone using Tapatalk.
    03-21-2012 05:37 AM
    I don't have lots of things to expect from iOS 6, but I wish we had:
    - Siri for older 4th generation devices (iPod Touch 4th gen., iPhone 4)
    - Notification synchronization between Mac OS X and iOS devices. You dismiss a notification on the Mac, it gets dismissed on the iPhone and iPad. You receive a notification on your iPad, it appears (in the background) on your iPhone and Mac. The synchronization could be done every time the home screen is reloaded.
    - More formatting support, like in iMessage.
    03-21-2012 05:39 AM
    -More iMessage options like what you get in Blackberry messenger. (send images in small, medium, large and original would be good)

-More email options, like the ability to attach files from within the email.

-An option for app management, like the ability for the iPhone to keep the previous 5 apps open but close the rest.

-Siri UK support for locations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    03-25-2012 03:24 PM
    I want the new camera icon on the lock screen to be optional.
    03-27-2012 12:34 PM
    Just as the title asks, what do you want to see in iOS 6?
    Third party widgets: iOS 5 Notification Center: The Best Has Yet To Come - Optic Dev
    They didn't come in iOS 5.1, so hopefully they'll be available soon.
    03-27-2012 01:22 PM
    I want the new camera icon on the lock screen to be optional.
    Agree. I think they should go back to the old way of double tapping the home button to bring it up.
    04-06-2012 05:22 PM
    I'd like to see Gatekeeper (from MoLi) and the three ways to install apps:

1) App Store only
    2) App Store & trusted Cydia sources
    3) Free for all

PS: The title said what do you want to see. I know it's pipe dream.
    04-10-2012 01:39 PM
    I guess I have a couple

Remove most needs to Jailbreak

• Siri 3rd Party App Integration & Launch Applications
    • Improved Siri, voice recognition
    • Pattern Screen Lock (Similar to Android)
    • Allow Newstand to go into a folder or be removed
    • Live Icons
    • 5 Icons on Tray
    • Customizable Lock Screen
    • Built in GPS
    • 24 Apps per folder
    • Better Reminders
    • Task and Task Reminders Native and/or better Sync with Outlook Tasks
    • Revamped Mail (more like Sparrow)
    • Improved Native Calendar
    • Native Audio Memos
    • Better Native Clock with iPod Alarms
    • Integrated Facebook
    • Group Messaging
    • Change font and/or size in iMessage
    • Pick camera of choice for Lock Screen (Camera+)

etc..
    04-14-2012 11:35 PM
    Bite sms integrated.
    04-14-2012 11:40 PM
    I want them to bring back the easy method to select multiple images and delete them en mass. It was in the last version of 4, but 5.01 killed it.
    04-19-2012 11:20 AM
    Widgets for weather
    04-19-2012 11:21 AM
    Widgets for weather
    Doesn't the Notification Center widget suffice? If you're jailbroken you can install a tweak that will update the icon on Weather.app
    04-20-2012 12:21 PM
    I guess I have a couple

Remove most needs to Jailbreak

• Siri 3rd Party App Integration & Launch Applications
    • Improved Siri, voice recognition
    • Pattern Screen Lock (Similar to Android)
    • Allow Newstand to go into a folder or be removed
    • Live Icons
    • 5 Icons on Tray
    • Customizable Lock Screen
    • Built in GPS
    • 24 Apps per folder
    • Better Reminders
    • Task and Task Reminders Native and/or better Sync with Outlook Tasks
    • Revamped Mail (more like Sparrow)
    • Improved Native Calendar
    • Native Audio Memos
    • Better Native Clock with iPod Alarms
    • Integrated Facebook
    • Group Messaging
    • Change font and/or size in iMessage
    • Pick camera of choice for Lock Screen (Camera+)

etc..
    I agree with the customizable lock screen and get rid of the camera icon. Also allow users to be able to delete any app they want not just ones they download.
    04-20-2012 04:25 PM
    Doesn't the Notification Center widget suffice? If you're jailbroken you can install a tweak that will update the icon on Weather.app
    No and that's not even a widget.
    04-20-2012 09:23 PM
    I'd like to see a lot of what's already need mentioned.
    But something that hasn't been mentioned as well.

I'd like to be able to have landscape orientation on home screen.
    Its on the iPad so why not on iPhone?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk on iOS 5.0
    04-22-2012 06:57 PM
    I definitely would like a better mail app, including the ability to create distribution lists in a straightforward manner. Facebook integration (similar to Twitter) also would be a plus.
    04-29-2012 08:23 PM
    Right now what Android users enjoy are widgets, but they are locked into usually one app. That's great, but an inefficient use of space.

Windows Phone users benefit from a live tile, also a beautiful implementation, but still only one app.

I would love to see a live tile/widget that takes up 4x1 of real estate that has four apps as a part of it. The functionality would be to have a few different views.

One view would be showing one apps information in the live tile with a swipe to reveal the next app in the widget and it's corresponding information. Once you see the one you want, simply tap to open the app.

Another view would be to show all four apps information at once and you can tap that corresponding 1x1 spot to open the app.

I would not want the live tile/widget to switch automatically, that's inefficient and some users would think they had to wait to see and select that information. Also it takes my eyes away from my surroundings for too long. The stock setting should be a swipe to reveal the next app.

Another aspect would be to show what is in the live tile/widget by tapping on the farthest right 1x1 spot to reveal the folder contents. From here you can add/remove content like you do now with folders in iOS. The reason to use the furthest right spot is that for most people (right handed users) it makes that the hardest location to tap accidentally. Another implementation would be to simply long press the folder, like we do now to get the wiggly function.....perhaps that would be better. Not sure.

Another thing that needs to be added is a settings icon for the live tile/widget inside the folder. You can choose what you want the live tile/widget to show. This would need to be added here as another 1x1 'app' labeled 'tile settings'.

What does everyone think of this? It's what's missing in every OS in my opinion.
    05-04-2012 12:01 PM
    *notification center iCloud sync- I don't like how if I 'read' a notification on my iPhone how it still appears on my iPad.

*notification center widgets- Apple should allow developers to create notification center widgets. In addition, the iPad should have notification center widgets.

*notification center in lockscreen

*notification center has ability to dismiss notifications on case by case not just by app

•just type in spotlight. Able to post statuses, search dictionary, etc.

•facebook integration with photo, number, birthday import.

*google+ integration

*Multitasking gestures- like on the iPad.

*siri dev access

*more Siri commands

*siri improvements

•guest login for iPhone, iPad.

•Automatic updates for app store downloads.

•Support for NFC hardware. Wallet like app.

•Keychain access for ios, with import from your Mac. iCloud support, iTunes integration.

•Xbox live like game center.

*live app icons that can display info.

*ability to delete stock apps; redownload from app store if needed.

*Autocorrect bug fixes, improvements.

*Ability to change any alert or ringtone for any app.

*Apps need a Mac OS X 'services' feature, or Android 'intent' feature. An API that allows apps to communicate to each other.
    Last edited by MsEYE; 05-15-2012 at 06:58 PM.
    05-15-2012 06:50 PM
    My iOS 6 wish list:

• More settings for EVERYTHING. Alerts, Notification Center, what we see in the multitasking tray to the left of the first page, and the ability to access the settings from anywhere.
    • More customization such as themes and what your apps icons do as you scroll through your home screens. I'd also like to see the option to put a notepad, calendar, or timer in the Notification Center.
    • Move Spotlight Search to either Notification Center or fast app switcher so it is available everywhere.
    • UI refresh. Any small change would be great. What I'd like to see is the ability to put apps anywhere I want, and a better multi-tasking experience kind of like the jailbreak app Switchy. I'd also like to see support for landscape on the iPhone home screen.
    • Multi-touch gestures!
    • I'm excited to see Siri's full potential!
    • Updates to stock apps like Clock and Reminders to add more features.
    • Darker colors throughout the OS to lower the battery taxation on all iOS devices. At least make this a customizable feature.
    • BiteSMS equivalent for Mail, Messages, Facebook, Twitter, Etc.
    05-18-2012 03:09 PM
    My iOS 6 wish list:

• More settings for EVERYTHING. Alerts, Notification Center, what we see in the multitasking tray to the left of the first page, and the ability to access the settings from anywhere.
    • More customization such as themes and what your apps icons do as you scroll through your home screens. I'd also like to see the option to put a notepad, calendar, or timer in the Notification Center.
    • Move Spotlight Search to either Notification Center or fast app switcher so it is available everywhere.
    • UI refresh. Any small change would be great. What I'd like to see is the ability to put apps anywhere I want, and a better multi-tasking experience kind of like the jailbreak app Switchy. I'd also like to see support for landscape on the iPhone home screen.
    • Multi-touch gestures!
    • Darker colors throughout the OS to lower the battery taxation on all iOS devices. At least make this a customizable feature.
    Agreed^^^^
    05-18-2012 09:55 PM
    My iOS 6 wish list:

• Multi-touch gestures!
    I'd like to see these things and a beefed up version of iMessage
    05-18-2012 10:00 PM
    I would love to see a refresh of the UI, or at least more options to customize it without having to resort to jailbreaking your phone.

An improved app store that allows you to search further within the apps when you go into categories. I for one am not a fan of the direction they are going with it, but I can only speak for myself on that.

I want a complete refresh of the way email is set up. To me it is not functionally. Just moving an email to a different folder is annoying, but there are so many things about it I would like to see change. I am glad it is easier to add pictures to emails now, but what about documents, appointments, etc?

Quick reply. I don't use an iPhone as my main device, but I know this is something iPhone users have been asking for. I do not understand how hard it is to add this to the OS.
    06-14-2012 09:22 AM
    Call the Bite SMS and LockInfo people, hire them, and implement their software permanently!!!!
    06-16-2012 11:30 AM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD