Buy outdated I mean are the main apps in the store not compatible with ios 5 anymore ? Eg I need to update my os to use the app ?

How much longer until less than 90% of the apps in the store will not be compatible with ios 5 ?

(note I do not have an iPhone but I wish to purchase the cheapest, good iPhone I can find and I'm hoping the iphone 4 will be sufficient for me as its the cheapest iPhone I can find on a 2 year contract)
    09-23-2013 12:05 PM
    The iPhone 4 supports the newest iOS 7. To get a device that only supported iOS 5 you'd have to go back to the iPhone 3G which was released in 2008, I believe and hasn't been for sale in at least a couple of years. Even the 4 is no longer offered for sale (not that you can't find one somewhere). The 4S is the current low-cost iPhone at $0 on contract.
    09-23-2013 12:12 PM
    I'd prefer to stay away from ios 7 for a little until all bugs have been found and fixed. So I'd rather then (judging buy what you said) stick with ios 6 for a while. But does ios 6 still support all apps in the Apple store ?
    09-23-2013 01:00 PM
    Most but not all. Some devs are releasing app or updated versions of their app that are iOS 7 only. But I haven't seen a list of these anywhere.

You also may not be able able to find a phone still running iOS 6. Apple has stopped signing it so you cannot install it on a device now. Your only option would be to find a 4S that still had iOS 6 on it but there is no way to tell before opening the box (you may be able to guess based on some formula of serial numbers to manufacturing dates but that's probably not 100%). If you do want to see if you get lucky and get one with iOS 6, act quickly because any new ones entering the supply chain would definitely have iOS 7.
    09-23-2013 01:39 PM
    Will I soon loose use of my apps that are already installed? My Netflicks apps is no longer allowing me to instant stream on most of my movies, is this iPad problem or Netflicks? I might add I'm able to steam the same movies on my android! Can you please help?
    06-02-2014 07:56 AM
    Will I soon loose use of my apps that are already installed? My Netflicks apps is no longer allowing me to instant stream on most of my movies, is this iPad problem or Netflicks? I might add I'm able to steam the same movies on my android! Can you please help?
    If you're still using iOS 5 and you've updated your apps, then yes, there is a chance that those app will no longer work with your current iOS version.
    06-02-2014 09:13 AM