iOS 5 and original iPhone

RevJar

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
My brother seems convinced that he can somehow load iOS 5 onto an original iPhone. I think I read that it can be modded or jailbroken to do this. Anyone know if this is true or even possible?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
My brother seems convinced that he can somehow load iOS 5 onto an original iPhone. I think I read that it can be modded or jailbroken to do this. Anyone know if this is true or even possible?

Certainly not in any productive way... I can't imagine that it would run very well... too much program for too little phone. Just my opinion.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Like Fausty82 stated, if it is possible, I highly doubt that it would operate in a productive manner. If his original iPhone is his primary device, I wouldn't consider trying to update it to iOS 6.

RevJar

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Like Fausty82 stated, if it is possible, I highly doubt that it would operate in a productive manner. If his original iPhone is his primary device, I wouldn't consider trying to update it to iOS 6.

He currently has an iPhone 4 but wants to resurrect his original iPhone for use more as an iPod touch, but he swears he can get 5 on there.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro