Ok so I have been using my iPhone 4 without a SIM. I just realized iMessage was turned off. I went to turn it on and it's asking for an iMessage password...

I don't remember ever setting one up or being asked to set up one. Is it my AppleID password?
    06-18-2012 09:27 AM
    If you selected to use your Apple ID for identification purposes when using iMessage then yes, it is asking for the password associated with your Apple ID.
    Last edited by JustMe'D; 08-07-2012 at 11:54 AM.
    06-18-2012 09:38 AM
    Thanks, it didn't take it at first but then it did. Still took almost 10 minutes to verify for some reason. But it's working. Never heard of it asking for a password before.

Is there any way to completely remove my phone number from it? I see in the settings it has my phone number and email but the phone number is greyed out, I assume because of the lack of an installed SIM. But I'd just like to go by the email as I will probably be bouncing around phones now and it's just easier this way.
    06-18-2012 11:12 AM
    Yes, the phone number is grayed out because of the lack of a SIM card. As for removing the phone number, I don't think you can remove it.

Just Me, D
    (iPhone 4S)
    06-18-2012 12:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD