restore question/help...

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
OK so I am on my 6th or 7th iPhone and every time I get one I restore from backup. I think it is about time to make a nice clean device.

I have some apps that I want to preserve settings etc for, but dont want to restore them all or the phone settings.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to do so?

bamf-hacker

Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I already knew that, I just wanted one more person to tell me :) I really do not like redoing everything :(

Thanks

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Every couple of months or so, I eraser all contents and restore as new. I don't do it out of necessity, however, but I do it because I experiment a lot and oftentimes, my system gets bogged down by leftover junk (mainly my computers) so I start fresh. I e been doing that for years with my PCs, MacBook, Android devices, Blackberry devices and now my iPhone & iPad. Some people may see it as an inconvenience, but I do not.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

bamf-hacker

Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I am not really opposed to starting fresh, its all the app data that I am not happy about restoring. iCloud app data helps with some of it, but others can be a pain.

In the big picture its not a huge deal. It will give me something to do while I am in dispose ;)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I am not really opposed to starting fresh, its all the app data that I am not happy about restoring. iCloud app data helps with some of it, but others can be a pain.

In the big picture its not a huge deal. It will give me something to do while I am in dispose ;)

Oh I understand and I apologize for not conveying it. ;) Anyway, I hope iOS 6 brings us the ability to restore individual items.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner