I noticed the other day that out of nowhere, I had two blank sms's in my inbox to two recently used contacts. I had deleted sms's by them earlier in the night and my inbox was empty. Then all of a sudden the blank message appeared so I deleted it again. Has this happened to anyone else on 5.1.1? Never happened on 5.1.
    05-14-2012 06:08 AM
    dictoresno, i'm still on 5.0.1(stock9A405)) and the same thing happens to me on very rare occassion. Delete finished sms/imsg convos, and sometimes i'll open up the messaging just to be sure i cleared things out for the day, and same as you - sometimes i will find empty sms with a previous persons name i was sms/imsg'ing with, and i'll just delete it (again, lol)

i'm very anal about 'cleaning' out my phone from the days sms/imsg/emails as well.

So since having my 4S from Nov(2011), i can say its only happened maybe 5(?) times - and i have yet to figure out what may trigger it to happen. So it's not just a 5.1.1 glitch/bug, what ever you wanna call it.
    05-14-2012 08:41 AM
    it happened twice to me on saturday, first time ever. two different contacts and it was hours after i cleared the messages out. figured it had to do with the update but i guess not. strange nonetheless.
    05-14-2012 08:48 AM
    This has happened to me a couple of times since October when I purchased my iPhone, but I chalked it up as a mid-send because, on both occasions, I was having a long SMS chat. Like Pink stated in her reply, it is not an iOS 5.1.1 thing.

Just Me, D
    (Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)
    05-14-2012 10:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD