OMG, update fails on 3GS

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
So all my coworkers have iPhone3GS and have NEVER let my sync them (?!) or update them (?!!!!). I made them let me today. And every single one went horribly wrong. Errors like crazy, going in to recovery mode, freezing up and needing to be starting over...it was horrible. I did 3 out of the 5 in this office today and it literally took me from 7am til now, 315pm. I had senior advisors on the line every time, bec every time I would get a new one.

This last one just stopped mid-update, and the phone locked up. I had to unplug, hard reset, then they got in for a screen share and did SOMETHING on his end, told me to replug and start back up after the computer started back up (all on old as dirt PCs)...Im not exactly convinced the restores worked....anyway...is that because they were SO FAR BEHIND on updates? Or just normal? I have yet to have such a thing occur on any of the 14 iPhones I have owned in the last two years.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i would put the device into recovery or DFU mode

also, make sure whatever machine you are on has the latest iTunes installed

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
They didn't even have iTunes on there. *eye roll*

These guys have all managed SOMEHOW to delete Windows on separate occasions. I have no idea HOW they were able, but they did. I know how one of them did it, he hates icons, so he just trashed the whole desktop...it was ...remarkable.

They all went into recovery along the way, so hopefully they are all ok now.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded iTunes explicitly for this misadventure, as they didn't have it on there at all.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2