iOS 5.1.1 is here! Rev up your iCloud or iTunes updating engines!

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
For the Att users i would like to know if they removed the silly 4g icon. Also i think im going to hold out on this one because my Ip4 gives me no problems and i would like to see a drastic change if ios 6 has what i expect of it.

People are still bent about the 4G thing? Maybe Sprint should call their data 2G due to the pathetic speeds. Whether you call it At&t 3G or 4G, it doesn't matter. I have yet to see a Sprint or Vzn iPhone compare speeds to my At&t HSPA+ 4S. Not even close.

motor96

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
I updated OTA and now now of my notifications work. Only when I hit the icon manually do I see new alerts. Please help. I've try resetting them but doesn't work.

pink2

Jun 4, 2008
Visit site
HELP!! Upgraded OTA 2 days ago and now phone won't stop rebooting

:mad:

I upgraded the evening that the new update was available which I believe was the 8th. No problems yesterday. Today, I can't touch my phone (swipe to go to another page, click on message icon, whatever) without it rebooting. I was able to answer one text inbetween reboots, but now I can't do anything - HELP PLEASE!!

okay - I forgot about the ability to do a hard boot (holding the home and top button) and I did that and it seems to have fixed the issue at least for the time being.

didn't want to delete this post incase there is a bug in this version that someone else knows about.

Last edited:

NYC718

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
I don't know if its a bug with iOS 5.1.1 but the name for my iPhone backup in the manage storage section on my iPad shows up as Chris’s iPhone. Similarly, on my iPhone it displays the iPad backup as Chris’s iPad.

Anyone with the same issue?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure it's a bug of some kind. When I go to Settings-iCloud-Storage & Backup-Manage Storage my iPad is labeled similarly to yours, but my iPhone is labeled as it should be. I'm sure it's a bug of some sort and nothing to worry about. My iPad is packed away in preparation for my trip to NC in the morning. I will check if the same appears on it sometime tomorrow.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

akmolin

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
so the following issues happened today I ran my battery all the way down have done this in the past on iOS 5 I am running iOS 5.1.1 updated the day it came available.

So it basically reset all the tones I had set to default along with lock screen noise being on and screen brightness anyone else had this happen on iOS 5.1.1? wondering if its some bug

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
so the following issues happened today I ran my battery all the way down have done this in the past on iOS 5 I am running iOS 5.1.1 updated the day it came available.

So it basically reset all the tones I had set to default along with lock screen noise being on and screen brightness anyone else had this happen on iOS 5.1.1? wondering if its some bug

This has happened to me from the days of ios 4 on my iPhone 4. Then on ios 5 on my iPhone 4, 4S, and iPad 2 & 3. Happens once every 10 hard resets or so.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
A few days later after installing it, I've noticed an hour improvement in battery life. I'd normally get around 5:15 hours out of usage, now I get 6:30. Not bad.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
A few days later after installing it, I've noticed an hour improvement in battery life. I'd normally get around 5:15 hours out of usage, now I get 6:30. Not bad.

an hour??! ok well i guess i'll give it another go. updating as new device right now..

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Well, I FINALLY got a chance to update my ipad(1) today!! Wooooo, took an hour but all went well:) its only been about an hour now so obviously I can't comment on any changes etc till I've used it more, but so far things are good. Only minor, very minor thing that just bugged me a little is when iTunes was restoring my iPad, it put on 3 tv shows and 2 apps that I didn't have on my iPad. Simple fix tho - just unchecked and applied changes;)

Now, as long as my iPad does well, I may update my 4S one of these days as well......

edit: one thing I can comment on, lol. The new tabbed browsing in safari. It's ok I guess - I think I was just so accustomed to the thumbnail tabs that this will take a lil bit of getting used to now:)

Last edited:

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Well remember, ymmv

true but here's where i am at 50%. i don't get it, like you i would normally get around 5.5 hours usage. clearly i should exceed that on this particular charge

187c5096-9b2f-6615.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner