iOS 5.1.1 is here! Rev up your iCloud or iTunes updating engines!

DV26

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Just updated. Will wait and see how it effects the battery life. I shall report on my findings tomorrow if anyone wants to know :)

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Like! I'm still running 5.0.1 ...

Sent from my jailbroken and heavily tweaked iPhone 4 using Tapatalk ;).

:) glad to know I'm not the only one on 5.0.1 still holding there!! Lol. my phone is functioning just fine so I feel no need to update either;):)

Sent from my pink delicious 4S

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I updated both my iPad 2 and iPhone 4S early this afternoon after seeing the Engadget news.

Took about ten minutes.

Good Luck

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Wi-Fi performance is still shaky for me. Using the latest firmware for my AEBS (7.6.1) and 5.1.1 (as well as 5.1), I rarely get my usual download speeds of 25 Mbps (ping times used to be around 15 ms). It hovers between 3-7 mbps down with ping times between 30-35 ms. Upload speeds remain the same with no issues. Annoying.

They did make a minor update to the baseband, so I'll check throughout the next few days if the random dropped "4G" (yeah right) data connection is fixed. I know it's a DNS issue as wireshark has proven when checking the baseband logs, but let's see if the minor bump fixed it.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Really. That's one thing I have never had a problem wit is wifi. Mine works great at home and in work.

iPhone.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Really. That's one thing I have never had a problem wit is wifi. Mine works great at home and in work.

iPhone.

+1....I'm pretty much on Wi-Fi most of the time and my surfing and download speeds are fantastic and I'm talking in a real world sense and not technically speaking.

Just Me, D
(Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)

TiNuts

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
nope.. still the same.

I do seem to get better wifi at the edge of my network. Before 5.1 I could get a fairly quick and useable signal in my bedroom with both my iPhone and iPad. After 5.1 if they even stayed connected it was usually quicker to turn wifi off and go off Verizon 3G. Now it's back to fairly quick useable signal. I haven't been disconnected yet.

OMMBoy

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Temperature Highs and Lows Showing Up In Calendar After Update

I updated my iPhone 4 to 5.1.1 yesterday and haven't really noticed any changes other than temperature highs and lows being displayed in Notification Center under the Calendar heading, and within Apple's calendar app for the next 15 days (see attached images). I don't have any other weather apps other than the default Apple weather app. Notice on the attached photo of the calendar app that there's a little dot under the date to indicate an event or appointment -- each of those "events" displays the forecast highs and lows, which don't really jive with the actual weather app! Anybody else experiencing this?

Chris

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
It's not showing up OTA. I prefer to update that way because itunes will take close to 2 hours between my slow internet and the huge file size. I'm cautious because 5.0.1 made my phone act so goofy and then 5.1 fixed it and I like where it's at now. Besides, I looked at the bug fixes and it doesn't look like it will do much of anything for me.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
It's not showing up OTA. I prefer to update that way because itunes will take close to 2 hours between my slow internet and the huge file size. I'm cautious because 5.0.1 made my phone act so goofy and then 5.1 fixed it and I like where it's at now. Besides, I looked at the bug fixes and it doesn't look like it will do much of anything for me.

My home wifi is pretty slow compare to todays standards. Its only 10MB download. I had it downloaded and installed in 25 mins from start to finish. The OS is good. My phone is very snappy. I am very pleased. I also believe in installing the OS via a comp/Mac because it gives a fresh install of the entire OS. OTA just patches the new stuff together. It always seemed I had to do a restore due to bugs if I did OTA. Just my 2 cents.

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
My home wifi is pretty slow compare to todays standards. Its only 10MB download. I had it downloaded and installed in 25 mins from start to finish. The OS is good. My phone is very snappy. I am very pleased. I also believe in installing the OS via a comp/Mac because it gives a fresh install of the entire OS. OTA just patches the new stuff together. It always seemed I had to do a restore due to bugs if I did OTA. Just my 2 cents.
I do understand about the fresh install through itunes and i usually prefer it. But after doing it a couple times i'm tired of waiting so long. You think you're connection is slow? I'm on junky verizon dsl with 1.5MB and no wifi

epphllps

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
Updated my iPad (3rd generation) to 5.1.1 this morning and I have experienced significant battery drain. I have had my iPad off the charger since 8 and I'm now sitting at 65% from 100% at 3:40pm. Same usage pattern, actually less today than usual. I typically watch Hulu at lunch and I just did some light browsing today.

Any ideas or suggestion? Anyone else experiencing similar?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I updated my iPhone 4 to 5.1.1 yesterday and haven't really noticed any changes other than temperature highs and lows being displayed in Notification Center under the Calendar heading, and within Apple's calendar app for the next 15 days (see attached images). I don't have any other weather apps other than the default Apple weather app. Notice on the attached photo of the calendar app that there's a little dot under the date to indicate an event or appointment -- each of those "events" displays the forecast highs and lows, which don't really jive with the actual weather app! Anybody else experiencing this?

Chris

None of my devices have this I think it's something else

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I do understand about the fresh install through itunes and i usually prefer it. But after doing it a couple times i'm tired of waiting so long. You think you're connection is slow? I'm on junky verizon dsl with 1.5MB and no wifi

wow that is slow. The reason you probably cant update OTA is you need to be on wifi.

Vanti

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
For the Att users i would like to know if they removed the silly 4g icon. Also i think im going to hold out on this one because my Ip4 gives me no problems and i would like to see a drastic change if ios 6 has what i expect of it.