Really. That's one thing I have never had a problem wit is wifi. Mine works great at home and in work.

iPhone.
    05-07-2012 10:36 PM
    Really. That's one thing I have never had a problem wit is wifi. Mine works great at home and in work.

iPhone.
    +1....I'm pretty much on Wi-Fi most of the time and my surfing and download speeds are fantastic and I'm talking in a real world sense and not technically speaking.

Just Me, D
    (Tapatalk - iPhone 4S)
    05-07-2012 10:38 PM
    nope.. still the same.
    I do seem to get better wifi at the edge of my network. Before 5.1 I could get a fairly quick and useable signal in my bedroom with both my iPhone and iPad. After 5.1 if they even stayed connected it was usually quicker to turn wifi off and go off Verizon 3G. Now it's back to fairly quick useable signal. I haven't been disconnected yet.
    05-07-2012 11:38 PM
    I have used wifi ONE time, I just use cellular usually.
    05-08-2012 09:24 AM
    I updated my iPhone 4 to 5.1.1 yesterday and haven't really noticed any changes other than temperature highs and lows being displayed in Notification Center under the Calendar heading, and within Apple's calendar app for the next 15 days (see attached images). I don't have any other weather apps other than the default Apple weather app. Notice on the attached photo of the calendar app that there's a little dot under the date to indicate an event or appointment -- each of those "events" displays the forecast highs and lows, which don't really jive with the actual weather app! Anybody else experiencing this?

Chris
    05-08-2012 10:14 AM
    Still don't see it. I'm afraid to leave 5.1 anyway
    05-08-2012 10:31 AM
    Still don't see what? The update?

Just Me, D
    (Tapatalk - iPad 2)
    05-08-2012 11:38 AM
    It's a newer OS with bug fixes. Not sure what there is to be afraid of. Connect to iTunes and hit update if your phone doesn't recognize it OTA.
    05-08-2012 12:21 PM
    It's not showing up OTA. I prefer to update that way because itunes will take close to 2 hours between my slow internet and the huge file size. I'm cautious because 5.0.1 made my phone act so goofy and then 5.1 fixed it and I like where it's at now. Besides, I looked at the bug fixes and it doesn't look like it will do much of anything for me.
    05-08-2012 12:28 PM
    It's not showing up OTA. I prefer to update that way because itunes will take close to 2 hours between my slow internet and the huge file size. I'm cautious because 5.0.1 made my phone act so goofy and then 5.1 fixed it and I like where it's at now. Besides, I looked at the bug fixes and it doesn't look like it will do much of anything for me.
    My home wifi is pretty slow compare to todays standards. Its only 10MB download. I had it downloaded and installed in 25 mins from start to finish. The OS is good. My phone is very snappy. I am very pleased. I also believe in installing the OS via a comp/Mac because it gives a fresh install of the entire OS. OTA just patches the new stuff together. It always seemed I had to do a restore due to bugs if I did OTA. Just my 2 cents.
    05-08-2012 12:32 PM
    My home wifi is pretty slow compare to todays standards. Its only 10MB download. I had it downloaded and installed in 25 mins from start to finish. The OS is good. My phone is very snappy. I am very pleased. I also believe in installing the OS via a comp/Mac because it gives a fresh install of the entire OS. OTA just patches the new stuff together. It always seemed I had to do a restore due to bugs if I did OTA. Just my 2 cents.
    I do understand about the fresh install through itunes and i usually prefer it. But after doing it a couple times i'm tired of waiting so long. You think you're connection is slow? I'm on junky verizon dsl with 1.5MB and no wifi
    05-08-2012 12:46 PM
    Updated my iPad (3rd generation) to 5.1.1 this morning and I have experienced significant battery drain. I have had my iPad off the charger since 8 and I'm now sitting at 65% from 100% at 3:40pm. Same usage pattern, actually less today than usual. I typically watch Hulu at lunch and I just did some light browsing today.

Any ideas or suggestion? Anyone else experiencing similar?
    05-08-2012 04:39 PM
    I updated my iPhone 4 to 5.1.1 yesterday and haven't really noticed any changes other than temperature highs and lows being displayed in Notification Center under the Calendar heading, and within Apple's calendar app for the next 15 days (see attached images). I don't have any other weather apps other than the default Apple weather app. Notice on the attached photo of the calendar app that there's a little dot under the date to indicate an event or appointment -- each of those "events" displays the forecast highs and lows, which don't really jive with the actual weather app! Anybody else experiencing this?

Chris
    None of my devices have this I think it's something else

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    05-08-2012 04:46 PM
    I do understand about the fresh install through itunes and i usually prefer it. But after doing it a couple times i'm tired of waiting so long. You think you're connection is slow? I'm on junky verizon dsl with 1.5MB and no wifi
    wow that is slow. The reason you probably cant update OTA is you need to be on wifi.
    05-08-2012 04:53 PM
    For the Att users i would like to know if they removed the silly 4g icon. Also i think im going to hold out on this one because my Ip4 gives me no problems and i would like to see a drastic change if ios 6 has what i expect of it.
    05-08-2012 06:59 PM
    For the Att users i would like to know if they removed the silly 4g icon. Also i think im going to hold out on this one because my Ip4 gives me no problems and i would like to see a drastic change if ios 6 has what i expect of it.
    People are still bent about the 4G thing? Maybe Sprint should call their data 2G due to the pathetic speeds. Whether you call it At&t 3G or 4G, it doesn't matter. I have yet to see a Sprint or Vzn iPhone compare speeds to my At&t HSPA+ 4S. Not even close.
    05-08-2012 07:36 PM
    Just jailbroke. So I won't be updating.
    5.1.1 is already jailbroken...
    Jailbreaking iOS 5.0.1, 5.1, and 5.1.1 - JailbreakQA
    05-09-2012 06:28 AM
    I updated OTA and now now of my notifications work. Only when I hit the icon manually do I see new alerts. Please help. I've try resetting them but doesn't work.
    05-09-2012 08:51 AM
    Bug fixes and performance improvements. Jailbreakers stay clear.

http://www.imore.com/2012/05/07/apple-releases-ios-511/

I'm updating now... Anyone else?
    Details here as well iOS 5.1.1 Released - Optic Dev
    05-09-2012 09:00 AM
    iPhone 4S and iPad 2 updated, no major change in's battery life. -_-
    05-10-2012 02:03 AM
    Thanks, just updated my 4S.
    05-10-2012 12:11 PM

I upgraded the evening that the new update was available which I believe was the 8th. No problems yesterday. Today, I can't touch my phone (swipe to go to another page, click on message icon, whatever) without it rebooting. I was able to answer one text inbetween reboots, but now I can't do anything - HELP PLEASE!!

okay - I forgot about the ability to do a hard boot (holding the home and top button) and I did that and it seems to have fixed the issue at least for the time being.

didn't want to delete this post incase there is a bug in this version that someone else knows about.
    Last edited by Robin; 05-10-2012 at 01:45 PM. Reason: Found Solution
    05-10-2012 01:36 PM
    Apple updates Apple TV to version 5.0.1 (9B206f)

Apple updates Apple TV to version 5.0.1 (9B206f) | 9to5Mac | Apple Intelligence

Edit to add: Trying to find a change-log or release notes... other write-ups say it's "bug fixes"...
    Last edited by kch50428; 05-10-2012 at 06:45 PM.
    05-10-2012 06:36 PM
    Apple updates Apple TV to version 5.0.1 (9B206f)

Apple updates Apple TV to version 5.0.1 (9B206f) | 9to5Mac | Apple Intelligence

Edit to add: Trying to find a change-log or release notes... other write-ups say it's "bug fixes"...
    shouldn't this be in the apple tv location or a thread of its own as this is for 5.1.1 ? just asking
    05-10-2012 07:35 PM
    shouldn't this be in the apple tv location or a thread of its own as this is for 5.1.1 ? just asking
    Maybe... I'll make one...
    05-10-2012 07:39 PM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD