Has anyone stuck with 5.0.1?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Is there a way to downgrade to 5.0.1? I know that might sound dumb, but I would be so happy if there were, lol

IF:

you are an (A4) user and saved your SHSH blobs via iFaith or TinyUmbrella - Yes

you are an (A5) user (currently) - No

mpgo4th

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
I bought an iphone for my wife last week and one for me yesterday. Both from the verizon store and both had 5.0.1 still installed. We both updated to 5.1 but we havent had them long enough to tell a difference from the old iOS. Plus we are both new to iphones so both iOS versions work great to us. I know her phones battery sucks but mine goes all day no problem. I blame it on her use of facebook and music playing though.

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I was going to stick with it since my iphone 4s was JB....Then it stopped syncing with my itunes.....so I restored it back to stock and updated....the battery is sooo much better now....not sure if I'll ever JB again even when the new untethered version comes out...

edd

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I started this thread and I upgraded to 5.1 today in an attempt to address a minor technical problem. The phone is currently bricked as a result (see thread in iPhone 4S forum). I'm working on the problem but I cannot recommend upgrading at the moment.

iSmileyFace

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
I haven't updated for the shear reason of not wanting to getting rid of my jailbreak. If I wasn't jailbroken, I would update just because the 1 notification bubble on the "Settings" app is driving me nuts =P

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I use the NoOTA Badge tweak to get rid of it. Works perfectly.

ModMyi.com | noOTA badge

I found the new Cydia tweak Software Update Killer to work so much better. I had tried a couple others including noOTA but there was always some notice that an update was available. At least an annoying gray 1 badge in the settings.app. This one completely removed any sign that there's an update available. Now my OCD is much better. ;)

Sent from an iPhone4s with Tapatalk

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
That's funny, I actually like having it inside the app since it reminds me I'm waiting for the 5.1 jb.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen