iOS 5.2 wants: What should Apple do for the summer update?

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
If 2012 is like 2011, we won't see a preview of iOS 6 until WWDC this summer, and we won't see a release until fall. That leaves a lot of time for an iOS 5.2 release in between.

But what would you want to see in it? Can't be anything big -- big stuff will wait for iOS 6.

What small changes could Apple make in the meantime, especially considering iOS 5.1 was so conservative?

Panorama mode for the Camera app? Podcast subscriptions in the iTunes app?

What's on your iOS 5.2 want list?

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
- add the ability in Phone to start to type Contact name and iPhone matches name and number. One tap dial from there. Too many taps required at present and Favorites just doesn't cut it. And, oh yeah, this feature on BBs for years.
- fix Reminders so that they can be viewed by date, and not by date inputted only.
- add Attachments to Mail, so these can be added to replies without cut/paste or requiring email to start in another program.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Just get the baseband more stable. That's all I care about. Anything else is just bug fixes and maybe a few minor things.

Neeyril

Banned
Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
g.gif
would like to be able to use the NC while in LS

Vanti

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
-would love a kill all apps function into the app switcher
-minor bug fixes all around

(hmmm i thought i was going to write a big list but not much to complain about)

sbcdk

Oct 2, 2009
Visit site
Restoring to new can be a nightmare, because in-app purchases often demand that you click Buy, before they check if you have already paid. 'Restore purchase' should be mandatory. It would stop thieves like Ourgroceries from charging again and again for the same product. Apple won't touch in-app issues and when the moral is as low as with the affore mentioned company, they can just refuse to reply your mails and keep the stolen money. This is bothering the heck out of me!

kevlar x

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
The most annoying thing I want to see added, well re-added actually is a global notification switch. When apple gave us much more granular control over notifications for each app in ios 5 they also removed the global switch so now there is no way to just turn off all notifications bar for enabling airplane mode. I've never understood why they did this. Granted they gave us the option to disable notifications in each app but do you really want to go through each app turning them on and off each time you want to disable them all?

Sidthebad

Feb 10, 2012
Visit site
Ios5.2

Additions I'd like to see

1. Landscape mode on the iPhone -just like the iPad. Don't really understand why is not done yet.
2. A global "turn off notifications" ability or preferably profiles for different scenarios.
3. More apps per folder. Make the iPad and iPhone the same
4. Faster iBooks opening. Mine seems to take forever.
5. Business search in Siri outside of US
6. Notification icon in top bar to indicate new items waiting.
7. Stop the crazy function that prevents iMovie/iPhoto from running on ipad1.

Sid

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
A notification icon in the statusbar!

as much as i would like to see this happen, it just does not seem like a reality

a lot of people's expectations were lowered after 5.0 was introduced so i see no reason for 5.2 to be any different

Adawg1203

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I would like to see them fix the app store. Currently, whenever you update or purchase an app you get kicked out of the store completely. It really becomes annoying...

dvdmovieking

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
App Store Password Prompt Option

I would an option that would set the App Store to not require a password for free "purchases" and app updates.

I also find it annoying that every app purchase or app update kicks you out of the app store app and sends you back to the home screen. That makes it tedious if you are updating individual apps.

It would also be nice to see the size of the updates listed on the update list so that I can decide if I want it bad enough to update over 3G or if I can wait until I am on Wi-Fi.

Last edited:

xkon

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I'd like to see my jailbreak tweaks made standard:

Kill all from switcher
Notification bar icons
profiles
Toggles in NC

Otherwise I'm settled, iOS has matured quite nicely.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

vakama94

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
iOS 5.2

like the Mac OS X 10.8 update, I would like to see notifications for the App Store in the notification center, that would be a lot more convenient when it comes to updating my applications

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro