iOS 5.2 wants: What should Apple do for the summer update?

ruger141

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
I would like quick access to the different volume levels on the phone instead of having to open a media app just to turn its volume up or down, plug headphones in to adjust their volume, go into alarm app to adjust its volume etc.

wiltavares135

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
If 2012 is like 2011, we won't see a preview of iOS 6 until WWDC this summer, and we won't see a release until fall. That leaves a lot of time for an iOS 5.2 release in between.

But what would you want to see in it? Can't be anything big -- big stuff will wait for iOS 6.

What small changes could Apple make in the meantime, especially considering iOS 5.1 was so conservative?

Panorama mode for the Camera app? Podcast subscriptions in the iTunes app?

What's on your iOS 5.2 want list?
Free Hotspot with Sprint, Verizon and AT&T

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
couple things id like to see (not really needed but hey...) more control over what app icons are shown. For example with standard apple apps such as news stand there should be the red X to delete it, but a menu in the settings folder for re-enabling these apps.

siri available for iphone 4 and 3gs users but thats probably what you would call a 'big' change :p...

the ability to change the theme would be cool too, even if it was just basic changes like colour and transparency so that, for example, you could change the colour and transparency of the dock at the bottom and the lock screen items like the unlock bar and clock bar.

also widescreen backgrounds like with android would be really cool, so as you move across to other pages on your main screen the background moves along with it. I cant really understand why this hasnt been done before.

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
couple things id like to see (not really needed but hey...) more control over what app icons are shown. For example with standard apple apps such as news stand there should be the red X to delete it, but a menu in the settings folder for re-enabling these apps.

siri available for iphone 4 and 3gs users but thats probably what you would call a 'big' change :p...

the ability to change the theme would be cool too, even if it was just basic changes like colour and transparency so that, for example, you could change the colour and transparency of the dock at the bottom and the lock screen items like the unlock bar and clock bar.

also widescreen backgrounds like with android would be really cool, so as you move across to other pages on your main screen the background moves along with it. I cant really understand why this hasnt been done before.
oh, and the ability to turn off email alerts completely. like when i have my phone on silent my phone vibrates once if i get an email (this goes off constantly) twice if i get a text, and keeps buzzing if im being called. the text and call is fine, however why the hell it vibrates when i get an email even though i have notifications turned off for mail i do not know :-s

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
probably already mentioned but some "new" tones would be nice. and i would not mind if they got rid of some original ones

anon(4742778)

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
If 2012 is like 2011, we won't see a preview of iOS 6 until WWDC this summer, and we won't see a release until fall. That leaves a lot of time for an iOS 5.2 release in between.

But what would you want to see in it? Can't be anything big -- big stuff will wait for iOS 6.

What small changes could Apple make in the meantime, especially considering iOS 5.1 was so conservative?

I've noticed that the music skips when going back from the current song playing to the list.

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
... why the hell it vibrates when i get an email even though i have notifications turned off for mail i do not know :-s

Settings - Sounds - Toggle the second vibrate switch to OFF.

What do I want to see in 5.2? Ability to assign any app to the lockscreen shortcut.

Baars1992

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I dont know if it is possible, because it kinda is Androids thing, but I would really like some quicker way to activate the WiFi and the Bluetooth switch. For example in the "pull down" screen.

But that is probably to much for a change in a certain 5.2 update...

kshen1

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I would like to see them fix the app store. Currently, whenever you update or purchase an app you get kicked out of the store completely. It really becomes annoying...

I want to see this too. It's annoying when you're trying to do multiple tasks

CrzyP

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I want to change web browser profiles for website rendering. On my blackberry, change it to IE or BB browser, and something else. I hate that I get mobile sites rendered on the iPad. Not as big a problem for iPhone but still. Kind of annoying to me.

friskies64

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Integration between different accounts for the same person in Messages. What I mean is, if one of my friends owns an iPod Touch and a non-iPhone, the iMessage conversation should be integrated with the text conversation unlike being two separate conversations like it is now. So we could message each other with iMessage, and when my friend loses wi-fi signal, they can switch to text on their phone and I would still see it as a continuous conversation on my iPhone. There was a feature like this in webOS where IM was built-in to messages. If I was chatting on Google Talk and they left, I could tap a button in the top-right corner and switch to SMS to continue the conversation. It was such a nice feature.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I would like to see a 'hide' feature for Apple apps like newsstand, stock and Game Center.

crigga84

Nov 17, 2011
Visit site
Kill apps options. Perhaps an option to just keep the last five apps opened.

More camera features. My friend's htc one s has a bunch of features and modes and it's great.

A better keyboard.

Siri location support in the UK :)

Sleep mode like Blackberry has.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anon(4742778)

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site

Maybe a feature or two that is predicted to be introduced with iOS 6: Possible Upcoming Features in iOS 6 - Optic Dev

Btru0465

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
I love this iPhone completely but I would love a little bit better of a battery life. Other then that iOS is a complete win with me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Make landscape mode on the iPhone work in the same manner as it does on the iPad...at the lockscreen and homescreen level.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2