iOS 5.2 wants: What should Apple do for the summer update?

tekjunkie28

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Fix the bug with txt tones playing while on a call... I don't own a iPhone yet but used to and I know that it a current issue with my friends iPhone

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

KaaVern

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
iPhone 4S battery

Unless the iPhone 4S battery issue is a hardware problem, then PLEASE APPLE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD FIX IT!! I will upgrade immediately, sacrificing my jailbreak, if only it will get my battery life to at least exceed the life my 3G had!

Avenged110

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I would like to see:

? iCloud sync for keyboard shortcuts and "Now Playing" song in Music.app.
? iCloud icon next to undownloaded iTunes Match songs in Cover Flow and Spotlight.
? Have toggle for hiding undownloaded iTunes Match work across in-app access, Cover Flow, and Spotlight.
? Ability to message (or, actually, just the whole action menu) from the Lockscreen camera.
? Add 2-minute interval repeats for Reminders just like Messages.
? "Clear All" button for completed list in Reminders.app.
? Ability to reorder reminders within a list.
? Precision time selection for Reminder alerts (instead of current 5 minute intervals).
? Message option in action menu for Notes.app.
? Swipe to right gesture for Notes.app list like Mail.app on iPad.
? Forward/Back gesture for Safari on iPad like OS X Lion.
? AirPlay support app-wide in voice Memos.
? Move settings for Game Center to pane in Settings.app instead of under "Account" section.
? Ability to remove games directly from within Game center.app.
? Add "Favorites" section to Friends section of Game Center.app in place of "Recents" tab.
? Expanded feature set for YouTube app.
? Page swipe animation in Contacts.app on iPad like in Calendar.
? Option to hide undownloaded music videos from Videos.app just like with music when using ITunes Match.
? Provide short tone while on a call for notifications instead of playing tone through ringer and vibrating in ear. So annoying.
? iCloud sync for ringtones and alert tones.
? Optimize the shutdown spinner for the Retina Display :mad:
? System-wide ability to dismiss the keyboard on iPhone with gesture in Messages.app.
? Ability to one-tap call contacts from Spotlight via toggle in Settings.
? Speed up the purchased sections of the App Store, iTunes Store, and iBooks Store. They're way too slow to use...
? iPad: Show pic count for albums (next to titles).
? Better differentiation/contrast between button states for Shuffle, AirPlay, etc. in iPad Music Player.
? "Download Album" button on left column under each album cover when sorted by artist, "Download All" button moved to upper right corner, in line with artist, and make the left column with album artwork is touch sensitive for scrolling.
? Proper alignment and spacing between all interface elements in iPad Music Player.
? End repeat "after __ number of times" in addition to "on a date" in Calendar.
? Global toggle for Notifications.
? Sync Bookmarks and Recent Locations for Maps.
? Unify scrubber popup for dates in Calendar and Reminders, and time in Voice Memos.
? Unify button (Store, Edit, etc.) placement in iBooks between iPhone and iPad as well as unify "Edit" controls between iBooks and iWork apps.
? Real-time swipe animation in iBooks akin to Lion desktop switching. Bookshelf switching displays this animation upon swipe.

So, all that ^ among many other little graphical fixes and tweaks would make me happy! haha :D I suppose these aren't all out of the question as I would consider some bugs and most are very small tweaks or fixes. Just this stuff would be my dream iOS 5.2.

Last edited:

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
as much as i would like to see this happen, it just does not seem like a reality

a lot of people's expectations were lowered after 5.0 was introduced so i see no reason for 5.2 to be any different

You mean 5.1 since it contained nothing new??

It would take apple engineers probably an hour to put a notification icon into iOS, it's sorely needed, it's about time they pay attention to people that don't just play games on the phone.

anon(157335)

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
I'd like to see a badge on the Safari icon when you have unread items in your Reading List. I add articles there once in a while to save and read later and sometimes I forget about them.

Darthstorm528

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
- Improve bug fixes on battery life (Kinda got worse with 5.1)
- Function to send photos to Facebook from camera and/or Gallery
- Add voice notes to the messenging app

RogerL

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
- Search Contacts to look in all fields: you remember where someone lives or a note about them or their number but can't remember their name.

- Search Calendar to allow searching whole calendar not just future entries so we can find when we did things.

- Search Calendar to search note field as well.

- Contacts app to allow adding a birthday without a year, i.e you know when their birthday is but not the year they were born.

- Notes app to have categories (that synch with Outlook)

Possession

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I really want the ability to search locations and businesses within the UK, and the ability to download multiple apps from the app store without getting kicked out each time, even for purchased apps. Perhaps even go the android route and put a download progress bar in the notification centre.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
:)i dont know if someone has already mentioned this in the thread (sorry i didnt read thru all of the posts) What i'd like to see in an update, is the ability with emails that if you rec an email on your iPhone - the ability to delete it from the phone WITHOUT deleting it in your inbox as well.

Since using my iphone from Nov2011, I now realized this is THEE one and only feature that i miss from the bb.

wylderubicon

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
In desired priority. some are already mentioned...

1) Fix the iMessage bug. Messages labeled "Delivered" are not always delivered!!!.
2) Attach from within an email. you can do it within messages so why not in email?
3) Ability to copy a phone number when someone sends it to you via Message. It currently just dials it.
4) Ability to toggle wifi, bluetooth, 3G in notification drop down.
5) Fix the universal search. it currently crashes when you include emails in your search universe.
6) Ability to send pictures when you use the camera from the lock screen. Its a nice shortcut to launch the camera, but what good is it if you can't share it quickly?
7) Ability for Siri to launch apps and toggle connections mentioned in 3)
8) better native GPS app with turn by turn voice.

there are more, but that is all I can think of right now.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Just let me set notification tones for 3rd party apps to whatever I want. It's possible since PushTone in Cydia made it work flawlessly.

Pbcrazy#IM

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Please for the love of god make it so that you can set your text to vibrate while still having the call ringtone on!!! If I leave my phone on noise, people get driven crazy by my text-tone going off every 30 seconds. But if I turn it to vibrate then I don't hear my phone if I set it down. If I set my text tone to silent then I don't know when I get a text. All other phones have the option to set the text tone to vibrate, why doesn't iPhone???

coggster

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
I think everyone has this pretty much covered. I think I agree wholeheartedly with the better ringtone profiles with separate volume, sound options for different notifications ie, calls, texts, FB etc

What about yourself Rene?

anon(4697585)

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Wanted it since day 1.... Remove Apple apps that no one uses! For example, stock, weather, calc and newsstand making more room for app store apps

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative