Favorite web browser?

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I mostly use Safari now that full screen Safari is available via jailbreak. On occasion I'll use SkyFire to few certain videos that Safari can't display.

Sent from my iPad 4G using Tapatalk HD.

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Safari's lack of tab support makes it seem pretty archaic.

What exactly is lacking? I'm curious what you mean by that.

I use Safari because it syncs bookmarks between all my Apple devices (iPad, iPhone, MacBook Air, iMac), and because I use Safari Reader, and it syncs up as well.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
What exactly is lacking? I'm curious what you mean by that.

I use Safari because it syncs bookmarks between all my Apple devices (iPad, iPhone, MacBook Air, iMac), and because I use Safari Reader, and it syncs up as well.

I think the person is referring to tabbed browsing. Having more than one page open and being able to just
go through them with one touch tabs instead of shrinking the view and having to scroll through them.

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
I think the person is referring to tabbed browsing. Having more than one page open and being able to just
go through them with one touch tabs instead of shrinking the view and having to scroll through them.

But Safari has Tabs. :confused: Or have I misunderstood something?

I am mostly Safari because of the syncing of bookmarks. I have Opera and Atomic on my iPhone for in case I am in an Edge area and I want just the "info" and not all the pics. Loads quicker In those low signal areas.

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
But Safari has Tabs. :confused: Or have I misunderstood something?

I am mostly Safari because of the syncing of bookmarks. I have Opera and Atomic on my iPhone for in case I am in an Edge area and I want just the "info" and not all the pics. Loads quicker In those low signal areas.

Nah it doesn't have tabs it has separate windows. With tabs you can see them all in a single window and switch with a single tap.

knowlivelove516

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I mainly use Safari. For some reason I prefer Dolphin on the ipad over the iphone version and solely used Dolphin on Android. I do like the syncing of bookmarks across devices with safari though.

friskies64

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
I use Safari when I'm at home or on a fast connection, but If I'm on the go, I use Opera Mini because it makes using T-Mobile's EDGE network more bearable with the compression.

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Atomic over Safari because of the ability to auto fill any web page you want to fill in. That's very big for me.

This is a big one for me as well, which is another reason why I jailbreak. FullSafari from Cydia allows me to have full screen in Safai along with a few extra toggles that pop up when I tap and hold a web page.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR