Reminders - Due Date Issues

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Yesterday it worked. Today I no longer can assign just a due date. Can only assign a remind date & time. Yesterday there was a option "all day".

This is driving me nuts.

This is the case both on my iPhone 4S and iPad 2

Other Issues:
The app will suddenly shut down while I using it. Mostly on iPad 2

Anyone else?

NoleScream

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday it worked. Today I no longer can assign just a due date. Can only assign a remind date & time. Yesterday there was a option "all day".

This is driving me nuts.

Other Issues:

Anyone else?

Reminders only have a remind date & time. All day is on the Calendar.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Reminders only have a remind date & time. All day is on the Calendar.

I have several Reminders with Due Dates (all day) that I created yesterday when it was available.
The due date on those appears just below Remind Me.

This was a new and needed field that appeared after IOS 5.1

Also, if I go to iCloud.com on my Windows laptop, due date is available without the time. (this has been available for some time.

Good Luck

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Well the "all day" option for "due date"field was displaying this morning and now nothing.

Anyone else experiencing this?

TIA

Bazza1

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
Gave up on Reminders the day it became available on the iOS. Its functionality is limited and the inability to view reminders by date (rather than by date inputted only) is fairly useless to me. I shoved its icon into a folder I call 'Junk Drawer' and turned off it's sync to iCloud.

Until Apple gets around to fixing it (I'm not holding my breath - still waiting on Mail, which still has the functionality found in iOS 1), I've been using a Google Calendar account I have and sync'ing it's Tasks to my iDevices using gTasks. That works as expected.

Last edited:

anon(4742778)

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site

This is driving me nuts.

Other Issues:

Anyone else?
Sounds like an update gone wrong. Restoring might be your best option.

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Gave up on Reminders the day it became available on the iOS. Its functionality is limited and the inability to view reminders by date (rather than by date inputted only) is fairly useless to me. I shoved its icon into a folder I call 'Junk Drawer' and turned off it's sync to iCloud.

Until Apple gets around to fixing it (I'm not holding my breath.

I've actually wound up using Reminders extensively. I even figured out how to share one reminders list through icloud.com, and now my girlfriend and I essentially share a common reminder list for stuff we need to get done together, or around the house. I have another list for work, and another for just me. Works great and I can pick it up on the iPad or iPhone. I'm not too keen on using it on icloud.com, since reminders stinks on there, as it's integrated with the calendar. Mountain Lion will change it for the Mac, finally, but next Apple needs to run its consistency through the web apps!

Only thing that's a bummer is no custom reminders for repeats. For instance, we have something we do every other week - but I can't set a reminder for every other week, short of setting two weekly reminders, one week apart. Kind of stupid. Have to do the same for things we have to do twice a week.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I actually like reminders. I like the simplicity of it. For me it's great. For repeat stuff I use the calendar.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NoleScream

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Maybe you're right Optic Dev. But this is happening on both my iPhone 4s and iPad 2.
This is what leads me to believe that it's a bug in Reminders.

Good Luck
Still have no idea how you have a due date in the Reminders app. If I create a new reminder or edit a previous one I have I have a screen that has

Reminder Name
Remind Me (Day or Location)
Priority
List
Notes

That's all I've ever had? No "due date"

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Still have no idea how you have a due date in the Reminders app. If I create a new reminder or edit a previous one I have I have a screen that has

Reminder Name
Remind Me (Day or Location)
Priority
List
Notes

That's all I've ever had? No "due date"

NoleScream,

I'll post when it shows up again on my iPad 2 or my iPhone 4S and you can check yours thinking perhaps is has something to do with iCloud syncing or whose knows.
Two days ago when it appeared I went in and removd all the remind me times and set everything to all day on due date.

Good Luck

NoleScream

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
NoleScream,

I'll post when it shows up again on my iPad 2 or my iPhone 4S and you can check yours thinking perhaps is has something to do with iCloud syncing or whose knows.
Two days ago when it appeared I went in and removd all the remind me times and set everything to all day on due date.

Good Luck

Cool thank... quite an interesting feature, bug or I don't know. lol.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Cool thank... quite an interesting feature, bug or I don't know. lol.

NoleScream,

I updated to iOS 5.1.1 today.
The "all day" field was visible on all but 2 of my Reminders.
So if the update had anything to do with it directly or indirectly, there's still a bug.

Let me know if you experience this.

Good Luck

Last edited:

anon(4742778)

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site

This is driving me nuts.

Other Issues:

Anyone else?
Actually, I somewhat remember an "All Day" option in reminders. Maybe we're just mixing it up since it's so similar to Calender

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
OK Guys, I think found a workaround to display the "all day" option in Reminders on our iPads and iPhones.

Access iCloud.com on your laptop or desktop.
Find Reminders, mine displays on the right side of my Calendar.
Open the Reminder that has a time assigned to it.
You should have a choice to select "none" for the due time.
Once you select none, open Reminders on your iPad or iPhone and determine if the due time is no longer displaying. (make sure it had time to sync) If the time is still showing up, edit your Reminder and the choice of "all day" should be there.

Don't know how long this will work.

Good Luck

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
Unfortunately, I didn't hear or sent any mention that "Reminders" was gonna get a tweak when iOS6 is released.
I hope they do something to imorove it. I use it religiously.

Good Luck

polocanada

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
All day option is missing on new reminders. That's a known issue.

This is a known issue that has not been addressed as of yet.

If you want to convince yourself here a reminder with and without the "all-day" option. If the reminder is created in iPhone it doesn't have the option. If you sync it and edit elsewhere (or create one elsewhere) for example in Yahoo or iCloud (anywhere where the all-day option for reminder is available) and when you sync is back to iPhone the option will be there:

2BA29827.jpg

47E40FEA.jpg

donawalt

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: All day option is missing on new reminders. That's a known issue.

This issue still occurs of course, with iOS 6.0. I have Outlook on a desktop that syncs to iCloud via the iCloud Control panel, an iPad, and an iPhone.

Creating a reminder on the iOS devices (or iCloud web page), no due date occurs or can be accessed.
All I have to do, is once new reminder syncs to the desktop, is open it, and save it, with no changes, and the due date option/field appears!

I wish this would be fixed.