I'm jailbroken, so I haven't upgraded to 5.1 yet. However, I upgraded my wife's phone today and found that I couldn't do the "quick Newsstand in the folder" trick. I can still do it on my 5.0.1 phone though. Anyone else tried this?
    03-12-2012 01:01 AM
    hmm. not sure. ill have to see myself

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?ejasia
    03-12-2012 01:27 AM
    ...when really Apple should have just enabled the ability to move into any folder, delete it or, better yet, have it part of iBooks - like how newsstand products are handled in the Kobo Reader?
    03-12-2012 08:21 AM
    I really think it should have 1) replaced iBooks and 2) be an app that you don't have to have. I don't have iBooks on my phone, and I don't want newstand. I wish they'd let me decide.
    03-12-2012 10:48 AM
    I'm jailbroken, so I haven't upgraded to 5.1 yet. However, I upgraded my wife's phone today and found that I couldn't do the "quick Newsstand in the folder" trick. I can still do it on my 5.0.1 phone though. Anyone else tried this?
    you'd probably be better off just moving it to a back page. nesting the Newsstand folder can cause issues and i am not so sure why anyone would want to to that to a "stock" device

for jailbroken users look for NoNewsIsGoodNews - works great!
    03-12-2012 01:42 PM
    I've had mine hidden since the trick was first brought to attention. Never had any kind of issue. It's still hidden in a folder for me, on 5.1. But I haven't moved it since I first done the trick so maybe it's just because of that, not sure. Not going to take the chanc to find out either lol. I do agree that you should be able to delete it though.
    03-12-2012 03:02 PM
    What was the trick? I want to try it myself. Will it work on stock iOS?

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk.
    03-12-2012 03:06 PM
    What was the trick? I want to try it myself. Will it work on stock iOS?

On 5.0.1 yes it will. Hold down on an icon until they jiggle and make a new folder. Then really quick grab Newsstand and stick it in the folder. You need to be fast but it will work. Used to take me a few tries before NoNewsIsGoodNews!
    iVazz likes this.
    03-12-2012 03:29 PM
    On 5.0.1 yes it will. Hold down on an icon until they jiggle and make a new folder. Then really quick grab Newsstand and stick it in the folder. You need to be fast but it will work. Used to take me a few tries before NoNewsIsGoodNews!
    Ahh, ok. Already updated to 5.1. Will see if I can get that to still work. Likely not, but worth a shot.

03-12-2012 03:39 PM
    Ahh, ok. Already updated to 5.1. Will see if I can get that to still work. Likely not, but worth a shot.

I hope it works for you. Having newsstand on my springboard really ticked me off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    03-13-2012 10:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD