iOS 5.1 Bugs/Issues/Findings

DJLILM

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Anybody havin the problem im havin when you take your phone off from charging overnight to where it shows 98%?
Then after I restart the phone it shows 100%?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Anybody havin the problem im havin when you take your phone off from charging overnight to where it shows 98%?
Then after I restart the phone it shows 100%?

every so often mine will go to 99% right off the charger then reboot and it's back to 100%

..very annoying

tankcole

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone noticed that when locking the screen, wifi still remains on? Back in iOS 5.0.1, whenever I woke my phone from sleep it would show 3G and then quickly go back to wifi

rosser

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I think I just might update my iPad 1. It is jailbroken, but a tethered one shouldn't bother me. I just want the new features like iPhoto, iMovie and the updated GarageBand.

Jillmarie21

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
iOS 5.1 bug?

Is anyone out there having issues with Safari after updating it iOS 5.1 on my iPad. I continuously get booted out when I am on a website.

efn77mx

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Sorry if this was already mentioned, but I noticed that while listening to music, every so often the volume will jump up to a very high level. It only lasts a second, but it's there nonetheless. It's done it twice during a period of about 10 minutes.

tluv004

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
9to5Mac is reporting a "major security flaw" with the lock screen camera access... they claim that if you have a password set, you can bypass the lock screen by opening the camera, going to the camera roll, and gain access to your phone. When I tried it, I could not get to the camera roll because of the passord (I got a screen saying that my phone was locked and that I needed to unlock it to get to the camera roll).

Can anybody get past their lock screen with this method?

In iOS 5.1, major security flaw with lock screen camera slider | 9to5Mac | Apple Intelligence

I just got passed my lockscreen password. It went right to camera app. I'm a little pissed. :mad:

Update: Fixed:D

Last edited:

iVazz

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone noticed that when locking the screen, wifi still remains on? Back in iOS 5.0.1, whenever I woke my phone from sleep it would show 3G and then quickly go back to wifi

Mine did the opposite in 5.0.1. It would stay locked on wi-fi like I wanted it to do, even while locked. Now with 5.1 it drops out of wi-fi and goes back to 3G, then switches to wi-fi when I unlock it.

Odd, to say the least and it might affect battery that way as it's switching between networks upon locking and unlocking the phone. Also it's irritating as hell.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk.

Wallace

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
I have to say, for a 'minor' update, my iP4s does seem a little 'snappier'. The only bug (if it is a bug), is when I turn off 3G, it turns itself back on when turn my phone off/on, at night for example. This doesn't happen with my iPh4 also running iOS v5.1. TBH, I am just grateful I now have the option to turn it off at all. It's a major battery saver for me. 3G reception is poor here..

Network: O2, UK.

edit: I have just had a reply to the question I posted on another forum. Apparently this is a design feature (as I suggested it might). Ah well, thats sorted anyway.

Last edited:

madcat21

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Everything is good for me. Battery life about the same does feel a bit snappier. The only weird thing is when i sent a text message to someone and if they send me a text at the same time my text doesn't go thru it fails to send. Phone is 4S AT&T model.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Everything is good for me. Battery life about the same does feel a bit snappier. The only weird thing is when i sent a text message to someone and if they send me a text at the same time my text doesn't go thru it fails to send. Phone is 4S AT&T model.

That's been a problem I think since iOS5. Because it did it for me before as well.

wpjtrash

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
Camera bug

When I open the camera from the lock screen and take a picture, I do not get any option at the bottom menu, other than the delete button. (When taking a picture after opening the camera app, the bottom menu includes an option to send the picture.)

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
When I open the camera from the lock screen and take a picture, I do not get any option at the bottom menu, other than the delete button. (When taking a picture after opening the camera app, the bottom menu includes an option to send the picture.)

If you have a password set it's supposed to be that way.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73