iOS 5.1 Bugs/Issues/Findings

_heatherly

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so now my iMessage isn't working. I was trying to send a message to my husband and I noticed the iMessage wouldn't send, it was delaying. So I turned iMessage off to send it as a regular SMS and it sent normally. Then, I went back into settings and turned on iMessage. But now when I go back to send my husband an iMessage or someone else who has iMessage, it's only showing green, I can't send it as an iMessage.

Is iMessage possibly down? I don't know how to fix this. I already did a reset. Any thoughts?

NEVERMIND. It's back to iMessage. Must've just been a connection error or something. :)

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
i'm curious to know for those of you that have updated your iPads to 5.1 how things are going -- ie. battery life, safari crashes,etc. I have an iPad1 and still on 4.3(i know, i know...:eek:) - i never moved onto 5.0 because of hearing about safari crashes & terrible batt life.

I'd be interested in hearing how iPad1 owners are doing on 5.1:)

(if theres a seperate thread for this, i apologize--i did not come across it, or perhaps i over looked it)

Pink, I'm not having any issues with either my iPad 2 or my iPhone 4S and both have been updated to iOS 5.1. Battery life has improved a bit with my iPhone, but I really haven't been paying attention to it with my iPad. iMessage, email, audio, video..heck, everything is working as it should. I have a former co-worker who has an original iPad and he's the type that keeps it upgraded so I'll ask him if he has any issues with it after having upgraded to iOS 5.1.

Just Me, D
Tapatalk (iPhone 4S)

Reactions: ThePinkChameleon

iVazz

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
Been noticing that my wi-fi connections have been dropping in/out upon locking & unlocking my 4s since the update. That, to my knowledge, will affect battery drain since it's having to switch in/out of the networks. Anyone else seen this?

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I win the damn prize for how many iPhone4S someone gets to have. NUMBER 11, today. I got out the door with #10, and it wouldn't make outbound calls. Speaker or something. So we started over, AGAIN, and I sat there for an hour testing another one.

Joe McG

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
To all having issues with battery life: let your phone go through a few charge cycles before judging. I updated to 5.1 a few days ago and the battery life was not very good. Today it has been great.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Pink, I'm not having any issues with either my iPad 2 or my iPhone 4S and both have been updated to iOS 5.1. Battery life has improved a bit with my iPhone, but I really haven't been paying attention to it with my iPad. iMessage, email, audio, video..heck, everything is working as it should. I have a former co-worker who has an original iPad and he's the type that keeps it upgraded so I'll ask him if he has any issues with it after having upgraded to iOS 5.1.

Just Me, D
Tapatalk (iPhone 4S)

Thx for your response J-Me'D, if you could follow up with me on how your co-worker is doing with 5.1 on his iPad1 I'd appreciate it:) if you prefer, you can PM me also if it's easier. Either way works for me;)

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Wireless speeds have taken a $h1t it seems. I would routinely get around 19 mbps down and 4 up on speedtest. Now, I sometimes get 2 down, 7, 5. Uploads speeds haven't changed. Something has happened since beta 3. Desktop is fine (which is hardwired) and my MacBook Pro on wireless is just fine as well. I have a previous generation AEBS. I'll try again at my parents with an even older AEBS tomorrow when I visit them. A reboot of the phone fixed it yesterday, but not today.

As I finish this, 9.1 down and the upload is normal.

iLive an iLife

Trusted Member
Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone been experiencing the problem whenever someone sends your a picture message, when you open Messages it says "Send Delivery Failure" (or something along those lines)? Sorry if this has already been mentioned, I didn't have time to read all 19 pages of the thread :-/

lawls

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
i'm curious to know for those of you that have updated your iPads to 5.1 how things are going -- ie. battery life, safari crashes,etc. I have an iPad1 and still on 4.3(i know, i know...:eek:) - i never moved onto 5.0 because of hearing about safari crashes & terrible batt life.

(if theres a seperate thread for this, i apologize--i did not come across it, or perhaps i over looked it)

I have an iPad 1 and I'm on 5.1. It's much better than 5.0. I never had any decrease in battery life but safari would crash all the time. Since I've updated I've had safari crash twice which is better but still not perfect. I think this may be the last version I go too because I don't want my iPad any slower.

Battery life is still great. I charge my iPad ever two days when I use it casually and if I'm using it for notes at school (which I did every day last semester) I charge it every night just to be safe.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

I have the iPad one and updated to 5.1. I haven't noticed any issues with either. Safari crashes every once in awhile. Since the 5.1 it only crashed once and that was this morning. I amusingly was checking apple store to see if my new iPad shipped yet lol. Sadly still preparing for shipment.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I have an iPad 1 and I'm on 5.1. It's much better than 5.0. I never had any decrease in battery life but safari would crash all the time. Since I've updated I've had safari crash twice which is better but still not perfect. I think this may be the last version I go too because I don't want my iPad any slower.

Battery life is still great. I charge my iPad ever two days when I use it casually and if I'm using it for notes at school (which I did every day last semester) I charge it every night just to be safe.
I have the iPad one and updated to 5.1. I haven't noticed any issues with either. Safari crashes every once in awhile. Since the 5.1 it only crashed once and that was this morning. I amusingly was checking apple store to see if my new iPad shipped yet lol. Sadly still preparing for shipment.
tyvm both of you for your input on this:)

@lawls when you said you didnt want your "iPad moving any slower" what exactly did you mean by this? were you referring to the browser speed?

@Phreddyl, LOL -- see your iPad1 has feelings, it knows your moving on to a newer model and it was trying to prevent you from knowing when it will arrive:p

I will be upgrading my iPad1, hopefully i can slate some time to do this next week, because i do have 3 apps on my iPad that i can't update unless i have 5.0 or better -- sooooo....thats the plan. In the meantime i will keep watch on this thread for any other input from other iPad1 users as well:)

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I can't wait to notice an improvement in battery. I don't understand how anyone can get through an entire day without charging, mind you my iPad (more than my iPhone) is heavily used during the day on WiFi.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

No issues to report... it's fast, battery life is as good (maybe better), and no Safari crashes so far for me... going on day 4.

musicfor18

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
Ok, so now my iMessage isn't working. I was trying to send a message to my husband and I noticed the iMessage wouldn't send, it was delaying. So I turned iMessage off to send it as a regular SMS and it sent normally. Then, I went back into settings and turned on iMessage. But now when I go back to send my husband an iMessage or someone else who has iMessage, it's only showing green, I can't send it as an iMessage.

Is iMessage possibly down? I don't know how to fix this. I already did a reset. Any thoughts?

NEVERMIND. It's back to iMessage. Must've just been a connection error or something. :)
I've noticed that, any time I turn iMessage off, there's a considerable delay in getting it back up and working correctly again. Either I get failures in trying to reactivate it, or it doesn't send properly, as you've noted. My guess is that it has something to do with Apple's database that handles iMessage provisioning, and how it knows whether a sender/recipient have iMessage or not. There must be some sort of delay in the propagation of updates to that database.

Reactions: _heatherly
Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
So far i cant seem to do a OTA on my ipod touch 4th gen, when i tap on software update it pops up and says " Unable to check for update An error occurred while checking for a software update." anyone else having this issue or have a fix, i currently dont have a usb cable to update its at the lake /: lucky cable lol

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro