iOS 5.1 Bugs/Issues/Findings

adinap

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Camera Button

After upgrading to 5.1, I thought my camera icon was broken on the lock screen. I would click it, and the icon would just jiggle. I finally figured out that you have to slide the icon to the top of the screen, and then it reveals the camera app! :)

DJLILM

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
After upgrading to 5.1, I thought my camera icon was broken on the lock screen. I would click it, and the icon would just jiggle. I finally figured out that you have to slide the icon to the top of the screen, and then it reveals the camera app! :)
haha that just happen to me

Elaine5006

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
In 30 minutes time I am down to 95percent of battery. I am not seeing much difference in the battery. I have read a few emails. sent a text. and made a 2 minute phone call.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Don't feel bad. It happened to me, as well. Lol

Just Me, D
Tapatalk (iPhone 4S)

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Unlock slider is shorter, muscle memory does not "feel" like I am unlocking my iPhone.

I do like that the camera shortcut is not a button now and you slide the lock screen up to reveal the camera; slick.

Interested to see how the battery performs tomorrow.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I am going to read each and every post in this thread for a few days although I have the utmost confidence in Apple to know that 5.1 will work and according to the change log I saw I would be interested in the battery life as nothing else would do anything for me as my current OS and phone... No Problems!!

I also Pre-Ordered the new Ipad 16GB Black WI-FI and that is confirmed.

Can't wait.

mozart1756

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Plugged in via usb and started the update. It crashed with this error:

Error 1603: If you receive this error and the iOS device is not automatically placed into recovery mode, it may be necessary to do so manually. Refer to iPhone and iPod touch: Unable to restore for steps on placing iPhone into forced recovery mode. Also, remove the IPSW and attempt to restore again. If you do not want to remove the IPSW in the original user, try restoring in a new administrator user.

Had to start from square one. Now the restore is in progress from my backup. Not a smooth update for me at all. Bummer. :(

CT9AJ

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I've been getting this all day. Won't work from PC either.

d80a8a91.jpg

DaPhoneking

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I can tell you a fix that i'm happy about: Apple FINALLY fixed the bookmarks popup in Safari whenever you launch it. :D

Oh happy days! :D

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner