iOS 5.1 Bugs/Issues/Findings

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
4G my @ss. But damn that's a big modem firmware jump from beta 3. 1.5 to 2.0? Profile updated to 12.0 from 11.2.3. So far so good.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
After about 50 minutes or so of being off the charger and on 3G, my battery is still at 100%.

Just Me, D
Tapatalk (iPhone 4S)

taeisme4eva

Jul 16, 2009
Visit site
I am patiently waiting to be able to download the update. Server error... Everyone and their grandmother is probably trying to update.

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
After about 50 minutes or so of being off the charger and on 3G, my battery is still at 100%.

Just Me, D
Tapatalk (iPhone 4S)

ive gone two hours before it dropped to 99 or 98. but that was with like 10 mins of use in those two hours. but hey, lately ill be off the charger for 20 mins, sending a few texts and have it drop quick to 98. lets hope for the best.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Ill probably wait til I get home tonight since I like to do this stuff on iTunes and walk away

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Photo stream delete only deletes the photo from the stream on that device ? Better than none but would like to delete from all devices

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
There is no 3G toggle. That was the one thing I was hoping for. But I now show 4G on AT&T instead of 3G on my 4S

at&t did the same thing for the H+ indicator on their BlackBerry line. they changed it to say "4G" instead of H+, since thats how they are marketing their backhaul network. it isnt a true 4G, but will say it.

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
um i cant get my apps to download. it says itunes terms and conditions changed and i have to read and accept. so i click ok and it doesnt do anything. where am i supposed to read and accept them???

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
um i cant get my apps to download. it says itunes terms and conditions changed and i have to read and accept. so i click ok and it doesnt do anything. where am i supposed to read and accept them???

The agreement was displayed in the center of the screen. All I did was scroll to the bottom and accepted the agreement and went on about my business. I had 3 available app updates and they all updated without a hitch.

Just Me, D
Tapatalk (iPad 2)

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
The agreement was displayed in the center of the screen. All I did was scroll to the bottom and accepted the agreement and went on about my business. I had 3 available app updates and they all updated without a hitch.

Just Me, D
Tapatalk (iPad 2)

i did that too during setup. clicked accept and scrolled. now after i restored from i cloud, everytime i click on an app that says "waiting" a window pops up saying to accept the terms and has a cancel and ok button. i hit ok and it goes away with nowhere to accept anything.

ok i think i got it. had to go into itunes (theres an update to 10.6) then under library i went to apps, hit download all updates, then accessed the store and gave me the terms to agree and accept again. once this is done, things should work. what a PITA..

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
That is strange. Why did you restore from iCloud? Didn't the OTA update, if you updated via OTA, back up your device prior to installing and then put your settings and screens like they were before the update?

Just Me, D
Tapatalk (iPad 2)

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
....(snipped)

ok i think i got it. had to go into itunes (theres an update to 10.6) then under library i went to apps, hit download all updates, then accessed the store and gave me the terms to agree and accept again. once this is done, things should work. what a PITA..
Okay. Thank you for the update and enjoy the rest of your day. ;)

Just Me, D
Tapatalk (iPad 2)

dictoresno

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
i restored from icloud after the update, but it wouldnt download the apps. had to manually reinstall them using itunes because of that stupid accepting terms hangup.

nycfly

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
hey everyone. up and running on 5.1 and i have noticed an increase in my battery life so far. i just played several games of words with friends, wrote some emails and texted and i see that my phone is still holding a 100% charge. by now it would have dropped at least 10%.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW