Anybody havin the problem im havin when you take your phone off from charging overnight to where it shows 98%?
    Then after I restart the phone it shows 100%?
    03-10-2012 04:15 PM
    iOS 5.1 fixed Bluetooth issues I was having with my Volkswagen.
    Interesting I'd had issues but I thought it was because there are 2 iPhones synching with the voice control on my VW.
    03-10-2012 08:42 PM
    Anybody havin the problem im havin when you take your phone off from charging overnight to where it shows 98%?
    Try doing a re-set. That should take care of the problem.
    03-10-2012 09:45 PM
    every so often mine will go to 99% right off the charger then reboot and it's back to 100%

..very annoying
    03-10-2012 09:50 PM
    I'm jailbroken now....is the update worth the un-jailbreaking?
    as far as new features this update does not bring the "wow" factor by no means. go ahead and stay jailbroken
    03-10-2012 10:01 PM
    Havent noticed this, yet, with 5.1 However mine was doing that under 5.0.1.
    03-11-2012 12:34 AM
    when ever i try to update my 4s it got stuck and the restart ??? what should i do ?? and can i update iOS 5.1 on ipad 2 ??
    gadget
    Last edited by angadgets; 03-11-2012 at 08:05 AM. Reason: Missed 1 Question
    03-11-2012 08:03 AM
    Has anyone noticed that when locking the screen, wifi still remains on? Back in iOS 5.0.1, whenever I woke my phone from sleep it would show 3G and then quickly go back to wifi
    03-11-2012 08:37 AM
    I think I just might update my iPad 1. It is jailbroken, but a tethered one shouldn't bother me. I just want the new features like iPhoto, iMovie and the updated GarageBand.
    03-11-2012 09:37 AM
    Is anyone out there having issues with Safari after updating it iOS 5.1 on my iPad. I continuously get booted out when I am on a website.
    03-11-2012 09:40 AM
    Yep. Did a re-start and it shows 100%
    03-11-2012 10:26 AM
    Sorry if this was already mentioned, but I noticed that while listening to music, every so often the volume will jump up to a very high level. It only lasts a second, but it's there nonetheless. It's done it twice during a period of about 10 minutes.
    03-11-2012 02:45 PM
    9to5Mac is reporting a "major security flaw" with the lock screen camera access... they claim that if you have a password set, you can bypass the lock screen by opening the camera, going to the camera roll, and gain access to your phone. When I tried it, I could not get to the camera roll because of the passord (I got a screen saying that my phone was locked and that I needed to unlock it to get to the camera roll).

Can anybody get past their lock screen with this method?

In iOS 5.1, major security flaw with lock screen camera slider | 9to5Mac | Apple Intelligence
    I just got passed my lockscreen password. It went right to camera app. I'm a little pissed.

Update: Fixed
    Last edited by tluv004; 03-11-2012 at 03:32 PM.
    03-11-2012 02:51 PM
    Has anyone noticed that when locking the screen, wifi still remains on? Back in iOS 5.0.1, whenever I woke my phone from sleep it would show 3G and then quickly go back to wifi
    Mine did the opposite in 5.0.1. It would stay locked on wi-fi like I wanted it to do, even while locked. Now with 5.1 it drops out of wi-fi and goes back to 3G, then switches to wi-fi when I unlock it.

Odd, to say the least and it might affect battery that way as it's switching between networks upon locking and unlocking the phone. Also it's irritating as hell.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk.
    03-11-2012 03:32 PM
    I have to say, for a 'minor' update, my iP4s does seem a little 'snappier'. The only bug (if it is a bug), is when I turn off 3G, it turns itself back on when turn my phone off/on, at night for example. This doesn't happen with my iPh4 also running iOS v5.1. TBH, I am just grateful I now have the option to turn it off at all. It's a major battery saver for me. 3G reception is poor here..

Network: O2, UK.

edit: I have just had a reply to the question I posted on another forum. Apparently this is a design feature (as I suggested it might). Ah well, thats sorted anyway.
    Last edited by Wallace; 03-12-2012 at 08:18 AM. Reason: Problem solved (hopefully)
    03-12-2012 07:19 AM
    Everything is good for me. Battery life about the same does feel a bit snappier. The only weird thing is when i sent a text message to someone and if they send me a text at the same time my text doesn't go thru it fails to send. Phone is 4S AT&T model.
    03-12-2012 08:51 AM
    Everything is good for me. Battery life about the same does feel a bit snappier. The only weird thing is when i sent a text message to someone and if they send me a text at the same time my text doesn't go thru it fails to send. Phone is 4S AT&T model.
    That's been a problem I think since iOS5. Because it did it for me before as well.
    03-12-2012 10:30 AM
    Battery life improvement is better - only charge every other day
    instead of every night now!

Like the camera swipe on lock bar screen too.
    03-12-2012 11:19 AM
    When I open the camera from the lock screen and take a picture, I do not get any option at the bottom menu, other than the delete button. (When taking a picture after opening the camera app, the bottom menu includes an option to send the picture.)
    03-12-2012 01:54 PM
    When I open the camera from the lock screen and take a picture, I do not get any option at the bottom menu, other than the delete button. (When taking a picture after opening the camera app, the bottom menu includes an option to send the picture.)
    If you have a password set it's supposed to be that way.
    03-12-2012 02:02 PM
    If you have a password set it's supposed to be that way.
    Sorry, but I'm not clear on what you mean by a password set. I've got my passcode lock in the "off" position and after taking a picture (flipping from the camera locked position), I still only have the trash option in the bottom menu. No option to send it.

Thanks.
    03-12-2012 02:23 PM
    Interesting I'd had issues but I thought it was because there are 2 iPhones synching with the voice control on my VW.
    My issue was the ringer volume would be turned down all the way and Bluetooth audio streaming was very unreliable and usually did not work. 5.1 now keeps my ringer volume where I've set it and streaming works flawlessly.
    03-12-2012 02:41 PM
    That makes sense from a security standpoint. You wouldn't want someone that picks up your camera to have the ability to take a picture pretending to be you and then Tweet or Email that picture to someone.
    03-12-2012 03:43 PM
    Mine did the opposite in 5.0.1. It would stay locked on wi-fi like I wanted it to do, even while locked. Now with 5.1 it drops out of wi-fi and goes back to 3G, then switches to wi-fi when I unlock it.

Odd, to say the least and it might affect battery that way as it's switching between networks upon locking and unlocking the phone. Also it's irritating as hell.

That's so odd lol. I also want it to stay locked to wifi. The only way to do this that I've found is to activate iTunes wi-fi sync. This comes in handy when I'm in a class with little to no 3G reception.
    03-12-2012 03:50 PM
    That's so odd lol. I also want it to stay locked to wifi. The only way to do this that I've found is to activate iTunes wi-fi sync. This comes in handy when I'm in a class with little to no 3G reception.
    Yeah, sucks when your computer you have iTunes on is @ home and your at work or whatnot.

03-12-2012 04:28 PM
245 ... 78910
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD