Mine updated yesterday, and has worked like a champ since then. I also updated my iPad 2 as soon as I could and have had no issues!
    03-09-2012 12:10 PM
    Is anyone else having issues with iCloud push email on iOS 5.1? I had issues with 5.0 and 5.0.1 and had expected that would be fixed in 5.1...and that doesn't seem to be the case.

Email will always deliver when I manually check by opening Mail. However, push is inconsistent. Sometimes it's perfect but other times I'll see mail sitting on my desktop but it's not on my iPhone.

Fetch always work but I'd rather use push.

Thanks.
    03-09-2012 12:51 PM
    I updated ota my 4s my ipad2 two iPhone 4 a iPad and a iPod touch 4g no issues

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    03-09-2012 12:55 PM
    We noticed one in settings (but we might not have noticed it in 5.0.1...)

If you navigate to a specific page in Settings, then switch to another app, the next time you return to the Settings app, it will continue where you left off. For example you can set your Wallpaper, tap to Safari, then tap back to Settings, and it will still show the Wallpaper view. IIRC, 5.0.1 and previous iOS versions always brought you to the main Settings page when you switched back to Settings.
    _heatherly likes this.
    03-09-2012 04:18 PM
    i'm curious to know for those of you that have updated your iPads to 5.1 how things are going -- ie. battery life, safari crashes,etc. I have an iPad1 and still on 4.3(i know, i know...:o) - i never moved onto 5.0 because of hearing about safari crashes & terrible batt life.

I'd be interested in hearing how iPad1 owners are doing on 5.1

(if theres a seperate thread for this, i apologize--i did not come across it, or perhaps i over looked it)
    03-09-2012 05:15 PM
    Ok, so now my iMessage isn't working. I was trying to send a message to my husband and I noticed the iMessage wouldn't send, it was delaying. So I turned iMessage off to send it as a regular SMS and it sent normally. Then, I went back into settings and turned on iMessage. But now when I go back to send my husband an iMessage or someone else who has iMessage, it's only showing green, I can't send it as an iMessage.

Is iMessage possibly down? I don't know how to fix this. I already did a reset. Any thoughts?

NEVERMIND. It's back to iMessage. Must've just been a connection error or something.
    Last edited by _heatherly; 03-09-2012 at 06:03 PM.
    03-09-2012 05:58 PM
    I got it on my 3GS and it's working great, except that the quick camera access shows [U]all[U] of my pictures.
    03-09-2012 06:24 PM
    i'm curious to know for those of you that have updated your iPads to 5.1 how things are going -- ie. battery life, safari crashes,etc. I have an iPad1 and still on 4.3(i know, i know...:o) - i never moved onto 5.0 because of hearing about safari crashes & terrible batt life.

(if theres a seperate thread for this, i apologize--i did not come across it, or perhaps i over looked it)
    Pink, I'm not having any issues with either my iPad 2 or my iPhone 4S and both have been updated to iOS 5.1. Battery life has improved a bit with my iPhone, but I really haven't been paying attention to it with my iPad. iMessage, email, audio, video..heck, everything is working as it should. I have a former co-worker who has an original iPad and he's the type that keeps it upgraded so I'll ask him if he has any issues with it after having upgraded to iOS 5.1.

Just Me, D
    Tapatalk (iPhone 4S)
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    03-09-2012 06:31 PM
    Been noticing that my wi-fi connections have been dropping in/out upon locking & unlocking my 4s since the update. That, to my knowledge, will affect battery drain since it's having to switch in/out of the networks. Anyone else seen this?

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk.
    03-09-2012 07:23 PM
    I win the damn prize for how many iPhone4S someone gets to have. NUMBER 11, today. I got out the door with #10, and it wouldn't make outbound calls. Speaker or something. So we started over, AGAIN, and I sat there for an hour testing another one.
    03-09-2012 08:11 PM
    To all having issues with battery life: let your phone go through a few charge cycles before judging. I updated to 5.1 a few days ago and the battery life was not very good. Today it has been great.
    03-09-2012 08:38 PM
    Pink, I'm not having any issues with either my iPad 2 or my iPhone 4S and both have been updated to iOS 5.1. Battery life has improved a bit with my iPhone, but I really haven't been paying attention to it with my iPad. iMessage, email, audio, video..heck, everything is working as it should. I have a former co-worker who has an original iPad and he's the type that keeps it upgraded so I'll ask him if he has any issues with it after having upgraded to iOS 5.1.

Just Me, D
    Tapatalk (iPhone 4S)
    Thx for your response J-Me'D, if you could follow up with me on how your co-worker is doing with 5.1 on his iPad1 I'd appreciate it if you prefer, you can PM me also if it's easier. Either way works for me
    03-09-2012 09:21 PM
    Is the battery issue fixed with this? I wanna know so i can upgrade (currently jailbroken)
    03-09-2012 10:11 PM
    Wireless speeds have taken a $h1t it seems. I would routinely get around 19 mbps down and 4 up on speedtest. Now, I sometimes get 2 down, 7, 5. Uploads speeds haven't changed. Something has happened since beta 3. Desktop is fine (which is hardwired) and my MacBook Pro on wireless is just fine as well. I have a previous generation AEBS. I'll try again at my parents with an even older AEBS tomorrow when I visit them. A reboot of the phone fixed it yesterday, but not today.

As I finish this, 9.1 down and the upload is normal.
    03-09-2012 10:14 PM
    Has anyone been experiencing the problem whenever someone sends your a picture message, when you open Messages it says "Send Delivery Failure" (or something along those lines)? Sorry if this has already been mentioned, I didn't have time to read all 19 pages of the thread :-/
    03-09-2012 10:41 PM

I have an iPad 1 and I'm on 5.1. It's much better than 5.0. I never had any decrease in battery life but safari would crash all the time. Since I've updated I've had safari crash twice which is better but still not perfect. I think this may be the last version I go too because I don't want my iPad any slower.

Battery life is still great. I charge my iPad ever two days when I use it casually and if I'm using it for notes at school (which I did every day last semester) I charge it every night just to be safe.
    03-10-2012 12:16 AM
    I'm jailbroken now....is the update worth the un-jailbreaking?
    03-10-2012 07:17 AM

I have the iPad one and updated to 5.1. I haven't noticed any issues with either. Safari crashes every once in awhile. Since the 5.1 it only crashed once and that was this morning. I amusingly was checking apple store to see if my new iPad shipped yet lol. Sadly still preparing for shipment.
    03-10-2012 07:49 AM
    volume gets turned way down all by itself at random times for me on 5.1
    03-10-2012 09:23 AM
    I have an iPad 1 and I'm on 5.1. It's much better than 5.0. I never had any decrease in battery life but safari would crash all the time. Since I've updated I've had safari crash twice which is better but still not perfect. I think this may be the last version I go too because I don't want my iPad any slower.

Battery life is still great. I charge my iPad ever two days when I use it casually and if I'm using it for notes at school (which I did every day last semester) I charge it every night just to be safe.
    I have the iPad one and updated to 5.1. I haven't noticed any issues with either. Safari crashes every once in awhile. Since the 5.1 it only crashed once and that was this morning. I amusingly was checking apple store to see if my new iPad shipped yet lol. Sadly still preparing for shipment.
    tyvm both of you for your input on this

@lawls when you said you didnt want your "iPad moving any slower" what exactly did you mean by this? were you referring to the browser speed?

@Phreddyl, LOL -- see your iPad1 has feelings, it knows your moving on to a newer model and it was trying to prevent you from knowing when it will arrive

I will be upgrading my iPad1, hopefully i can slate some time to do this next week, because i do have 3 apps on my iPad that i can't update unless i have 5.0 or better -- sooooo....thats the plan. In the meantime i will keep watch on this thread for any other input from other iPad1 users as well
    03-10-2012 09:25 AM
    I can't wait to notice an improvement in battery. I don't understand how anyone can get through an entire day without charging, mind you my iPad (more than my iPhone) is heavily used during the day on WiFi.
    03-10-2012 09:33 AM

No issues to report... it's fast, battery life is as good (maybe better), and no Safari crashes so far for me... going on day 4.
    03-10-2012 10:53 AM
    iOS 5.1 fixed Bluetooth issues I was having with my Volkswagen.
    03-10-2012 10:56 AM
    Ok, so now my iMessage isn't working. I was trying to send a message to my husband and I noticed the iMessage wouldn't send, it was delaying. So I turned iMessage off to send it as a regular SMS and it sent normally. Then, I went back into settings and turned on iMessage. But now when I go back to send my husband an iMessage or someone else who has iMessage, it's only showing green, I can't send it as an iMessage.

Is iMessage possibly down? I don't know how to fix this. I already did a reset. Any thoughts?

NEVERMIND. It's back to iMessage. Must've just been a connection error or something.
    I've noticed that, any time I turn iMessage off, there's a considerable delay in getting it back up and working correctly again. Either I get failures in trying to reactivate it, or it doesn't send properly, as you've noted. My guess is that it has something to do with Apple's database that handles iMessage provisioning, and how it knows whether a sender/recipient have iMessage or not. There must be some sort of delay in the propagation of updates to that database.
    _heatherly likes this.
    03-10-2012 11:00 AM
    So far i cant seem to do a OTA on my ipod touch 4th gen, when i tap on software update it pops up and says " Unable to check for update An error occurred while checking for a software update." anyone else having this issue or have a fix, i currently dont have a usb cable to update its at the lake /: lucky cable lol
    03-10-2012 01:47 PM
245 ... 678910
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD