There is no 3G toggle. That was the one thing I was hoping for. But I now show 4G on AT&T instead of 3G on my 4S
    There is one on mine

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    03-08-2012 09:37 PM

03-08-2012 09:37 PM
    cool tip:
    when sliding up the camera from lockscreen, you can swipe down to go back to lockscreen
    BLiNK and tluv004 like this.
    03-08-2012 10:13 PM
    Click to view quoted image

For your carrier, yes. But AT&T doesn't have it on the update. Which is so stupid.
    03-08-2012 11:19 PM
    This has been an interesting "story" to follow, as I didn't know there was a difference between the two. Glad to know there is a difference between Auto Lock and Passcode Lock.
    Same here heatherly. I've learned a valuable lesson
    Good Luck
    03-08-2012 11:35 PM
    cool tip:
    when sliding up the camera from lockscreen, you can swipe down to go back to lockscreen
    nice! thanks
    03-08-2012 11:39 PM
    I live in Denver and he have zero 4G HSPA+ or LTE with AT&T but my Iphone shows it up. Yet again Apple lying to the consumer.[/QUOTE]

Actually, it is AT&T the one who lies to its customers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    03-08-2012 11:40 PM
    My update went well on my iPhone 4S and iPad 2.
    iMessenger worked ok after off/On step.
    However I still have a few iPhone users who don't show up as an iMessenger recipients before and after the update.
    Good Luck
    03-08-2012 11:48 PM
    I woke up this morning and was excited to play with my new iOS and then was shocked to see my battery percent is dropping by the minute with regular usage. I never had battery issues before so I'm a little disappointed, considering there was supposed to be a fix. Hopefully it corrects itself but if not then...
    my battery life is much worse. it is almost 11pm and I have 20%. Before the update at this hour I would have been at around 40%.
    03-09-2012 01:52 AM
    I have been looking forward to the release of iOS5.1 ever since I found out it was bringing back the 3G on/off toggle in the iP4s (GSM), it already existed in the iPh4.

3G reception where I live is poor, I also spend most of the day on WiFi. Although the battery life was not what I would call bad (for my usage), it was nothing like my iPh4 with 3G turned off.

However, I think there must be a bug.

Even though I have turned 3G off, which is confirmed with the 3G icon disappearing in the display AND the signal strength bars going up, some time later, 3G has switched itself back on! I have to go back into settings and turn it off again!

This has happened a couple of times now so I am 100% sure it's not something I am doing wrong. After all, it's not something like an external switch you can accidentally catch, it is buried in the settings menu.

Has anyone else experienced this?
    03-09-2012 03:06 AM
    I have Sprint and noticed a changed in the signal strength. I am getting 4 and 5 bars where before 5.1, it would go back and forth between 2/3 bars and keep changing every few seconds. With the 5.1 update, it stays at a steady strength. I'm very happy with this update.

*Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk*
    03-09-2012 05:08 AM
    They finally fixed the annoying lock sound bug after using Siri. It turned up the sound to max.
    03-09-2012 05:10 AM
    My battery is bleeding. I had it charging overnight in Airplane mode. Took it off at 100% at 6am, turned off airplane mode at 7am, it's at 95% already, and I have sent and received a total of 5 texts, otherwise it's been sitting unused the rest of the time...
    03-09-2012 09:29 AM
    Do you have any apps running in the background? Is your email set to 'fetch' often? Do you have an RSS reader set to sync often? I know you said that it was being unused, however, some people may view the streaming of audio as not using their device, so with that in mind, are streaming audio?

Just Me, D
    (Tapatalk - iPad 2)
    03-09-2012 09:57 AM
    Do you have any apps running in the background? Is your email set to 'fetch' often? Do you have an RSS reader set to sync often? I know you said that it was being unused, however, some people may view the streaming of audio as not using their device, so with that in mind, are streaming audio?

Just Me, D
    (Tapatalk - iPad 2)
    Also do you have your location services turned on? That can drain a battery pretty quickly. Anything like weather apps or maps can use your auto locate quite frequently to gather data.
    03-09-2012 10:02 AM
    Hope we all get this issue fixed soon
    03-09-2012 10:07 AM
    I have "push email" with that Gmail Exchange, and I've gotten none today so far.

I do not stream, ever, anything period. I don't RSS either, ever, period. I haven't turned on facebook. I kill apps immediately after using. I never leave anything open or running. I haven't done anything with it at all besides 5 total texts.

I also have no location services on besides Find my iPhone, ever. Period. I don't allow it for any apps.

No Wifi, ever. No BT, ever. No Siri, ever (stupidest f'ing thing ever btw)
    03-09-2012 10:17 AM
    I have "push email" with that Gmail Exchange, and I've gotten none today so far.

I do not stream, ever, anything period. I don't RSS either, ever, period. I haven't turned on facebook. I kill apps immediately after using. I never leave anything open or running. I haven't done anything with it at all besides 5 total texts.

I also have no location services on besides Find my iPhone, ever. Period. I don't allow it for any apps.

No Wifi, ever. No BT, ever. No Siri, ever (stupidest f'ing thing ever btw)

I would do a full reset and then set my device as new and if the problem persists then I recommend you take it to a nearby Apple store.

Just Me, D
    (Tapatalk - iPad 2)
    03-09-2012 10:50 AM
    While we're talking about location services . . . I've got a question. Does the location service need to be on for apps like Weather HD or Tom Tom (navigation) in order to work? Seems like the apps would need to know where you are to work . . . correct?
    03-09-2012 10:51 AM
    While we're talking about location services . . . I've got a question. Does the location service need to be on for apps like Weather HD or Tom Tom (navigation) in order to work? Seems like the apps would need to know where you are to work . . . correct?
    I have location services turned on, but I also pick and choose what apps I want using the service. When the app is not in use, neither is the location service and therefore, your location is not 'constantly' being updated.

Just Me, D
    (Tapatalk - iPad 2)
    03-09-2012 10:58 AM
    Not sure about weather one but for navigation apps yes. Most weather apps it depends if you want the weather where you are at that moment or "home" or "default" locations.
    03-09-2012 10:58 AM
    I would do a full reset and then set my device as new and if the problem persists then I recommend you take it to a nearby Apple store.

Just Me, D
    (Tapatalk - iPad 2)
    I actually did that before the update, it wasn't ideal then either. No change. I did it again last night before bed, complete restore, then reupdated. Nothing changed.
    03-09-2012 11:01 AM
    I actually did that before the update, it wasn't ideal then either. No change. I did it again last night before bed, complete restore, then reupdated. Nothing changed.
    Then I would definitely take it to a nearby Apple store and let one of the geniuses tinker with it.

Just Me, D
    (Tapatalk - iPad 2)
    03-09-2012 11:03 AM
    I am going right from work. I can't get the stupid appointment to let me include the reason but whatever
    03-09-2012 11:07 AM
    Finally got it done, but have to connect both iphone 4 and ipad2 to my PC....weird
    03-09-2012 11:09 AM
245 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD