Updates (OTA) to both iPad and iPhone 4s were seamless and took less than 15 minutes each. I have noticed a pretty significant increase in the browser speed on both devices. So far so good!
    03-08-2012 12:56 AM
    browser speed for me has definitely improved as well

also, no hiccups while web browsing and listening to Spotify simultaneously, on 3G (Stream>Extreme), so far. it had been a issue before (5.0.1)
    03-08-2012 01:24 AM
    i have updated to the new 5.1 and it stopped my icon shortcuts from working anyone else have this problem and what can be done to rectify? thanks
    That is what I wanted to know before I upgrade. Is this for the Icon Project app or the other free shortcuts?
    03-08-2012 03:13 AM
    I guess it's too soon to test it fully, but my phone seems a LOT better already. Battery not running down as quickly & I've had problems recently with slow running apps etc lately - this seems to be working better now. Love the camera shortcut too!
    03-08-2012 04:52 AM
    i have updated to the new 5.1 and it stopped my icon shortcuts from working anyone else have this problem and what can be done to rectify? thanks
    Launch Center still works

That is what I wanted to know before I upgrade. Is this for the Icon Project app or the other free shortcuts?
    i thought Apple put an end to Icon Project with 5.0.1?
    03-08-2012 05:56 AM
    Can't see any difference. Battery life is the same. I don't use Siri at all, so for me this update has not changed anything. Oh yeah, camera shortcut...
    03-08-2012 06:54 AM
    I now do not have iMessage since I've updated to 5.1

If I iMessage to someone still on 5.01 I can do that, but if they try to iMessage me while on 5.1 it goes through as a standard text

Give me 5.01 back for the simple reason of just iMessage
    03-08-2012 08:03 AM
    I now do not have iMessage since I've updated to 5.1

If I iMessage to someone still on 5.01 I can do that, but if they try to iMessage me while on 5.1 it goes through as a standard text

Give me 5.01 back for the simple reason of just iMessage
    Yikes! Perhaps yours setting got changed? Can you go to Messages and see if iMessage is turned off?

Also, just have to say how much I love being able to delete photos in Photo Stream. Such a needed feature. My niece loves to play around taking pictures with my phone, but it results in a lot of poor photos and don't need to be documented forever.lol
    03-08-2012 08:07 AM
    Yikes! Perhaps yours setting got changed? Can you go to Messages and see if iMessage is turned off?

Also, just have to say how much I love being able to delete photos in Photo Stream. Such a needed feature. My niece loves to play around taking pictures with my phone, but it results in a lot of poor photos and don't need to be documented forever.lol
    Ya iMessage is still set to on and I checked all other settings and nothing else has changed during the update. Also my wife has the same issue.
    03-08-2012 08:36 AM
    i cannot get either my iP4 or iPad2 to update OTA. The iP4 lets me get to the download screen and when i hit download and accept the new policy, it errors out after 2 min stating "Software Update Failed: An error occurred downloading iOS 5.1". My iPad2 never can get to the download screen. Please help.
    03-08-2012 09:00 AM
    Just keep trying...their servers are probably really bogged. It took me a while too.
    03-08-2012 09:05 AM
    Ya iMessage is still set to on and I checked all other settings and nothing else has changed during the update. Also my wife has the same issue.
    Turn imessage off and back on, and it'll show up. The same issue existed in 5.0.1
    03-08-2012 09:06 AM
    Anyone else not a fan of the camera shortcut? I don't like how short the unlock bar is now!
    03-08-2012 09:07 AM
    9to5Mac is reporting a "major security flaw" with the lock screen camera access... they claim that if you have a password set, you can bypass the lock screen by opening the camera, going to the camera roll, and gain access to your phone. When I tried it, I could not get to the camera roll because of the passord (I got a screen saying that my phone was locked and that I needed to unlock it to get to the camera roll).

Can anybody get past their lock screen with this method?

In iOS 5.1, major security flaw with lock screen camera slider | 9to5Mac | Apple Intelligence
    03-08-2012 09:08 AM
    9to5Mac is reporting a "major security flaw" with the lock screen camera access... they claim that if you have a password set, you can bypass the lock screen by opening the camera, going to the camera roll, and gain access to your phone. When I tried it, I could not get to the camera roll because of the passord (I got a screen saying that my phone was locked and that I needed to unlock it to get to the camera roll).

Can anybody get past their lock screen with this method?

In iOS 5.1, major security flaw with lock screen camera slider | 9to5Mac | Apple Intelligence
    I can't replicate their claim with a passcode lock, unless the lock is set to a timer (like 1 min) and I manually lock the screen and that 1 minute has not passed. To me, that's normal functionality, since the phone hasn't locked yet.

I get the same screen as you if the lock is set and I try to access pictures or videos. "Your iPhone is locked." If I hit the home button it asks for my passcode.
    Last edited by NoleScream; 03-08-2012 at 09:16 AM. Reason: Clarification
    03-08-2012 09:15 AM
    I can't replicate their claim with a passcode lock, unless the lock is set to a timer (like 1 min) and I manually lock the screen and that 1 minute has not passed. To me, that's normal functionality, since the phone hasn't locked yet.

I get the same screen as you if the lock is set and I try to access pictures or videos. "Your iPhone is locked." If I hit the home button it asks for my passcode.
    Yeah, I'm ready to call "BS" on this one... from where I sit, this is working exactly as it should... no problem here... just some hater b hatin.
    03-08-2012 09:18 AM
    they need to fix the imessege. its not working
    03-08-2012 09:24 AM
    I woke up this morning and was excited to play with my new iOS and then was shocked to see my battery percent is dropping by the minute with regular usage. I never had battery issues before so I'm a little disappointed, considering there was supposed to be a fix. Hopefully it corrects itself but if not then...
    03-08-2012 09:30 AM
    So just plug it in and be done with it.
    03-08-2012 09:40 AM
    I agree about iMessage. Mine isn't working either. I tried turning it off and back on. It still goes out as a regular text. The person I'm texting is still on 5.0.1. That shouldn't have anything to do with it.
    03-08-2012 09:48 AM
    When using dictation the screen should turn off when I raise the phone to my ear. This appears to be broken now.

Sent from my iPhone4s using Tapatalk
    03-08-2012 09:50 AM
    funny. not only does iMessage work for me but i no longer have the intermittent issue i was experiencing with 5.0.1

sucks for you guys
    03-08-2012 09:52 AM
    Hmm, I just iMessaged some people still on 5.0, some on 5.0.1 and it goes through just fine. Blame the solar flares!
    03-08-2012 09:54 AM
    My iMessage is working as it did prior to the 5.1 update. As for the camera, I Love the new slide up method from the lock screen and my battery life is still being tested. I do seem to stay at 100% longer than before but I never had any issues with battery life.

Just Me, D
    Tapatalk (iPhone 4S)
    03-08-2012 10:17 AM
    Ya same thing still here on iMessage, only working when sending an iMessage to 5.0 or 5.01

I tried all the steps to get it going and nothing seems to be working....
    03-08-2012 10:18 AM
245 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD