that does not seem very good for a 4S AND on 5.1
    Today I was on 3G most of the day! Probably about 15 out of the 20 hours.
    03-15-2012 10:01 PM
    Usage 3 hours 7 mins
    Standby 14 hours 58 minutes.

Good or bad?
    03-15-2012 10:39 PM
    And today...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk...
    03-16-2012 10:44 PM
    Saturday...

03-17-2012 10:41 AM
    Here we go...

03-18-2012 01:58 PM
    This is mine from today
    03-19-2012 03:47 PM
    Here's mine from today

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    03-20-2012 12:03 AM
    I let mine get down to 6% I thought this was quite good.
    03-20-2012 05:15 AM
    Seems to be getting better and better...

ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    03-20-2012 06:41 AM
    Seems to be getting better and better...

navI, i have to say, at first seeing your batt stats on 5.1 i was skeptical on your usage/sb you were getting--but i see you have improved a good bit Good for you !!

(although i'm still skeptical about upgrading myself lol)
    03-20-2012 08:40 AM
    Thanks. A few people are still saying they are getting terrible battery life on their iPhone 4S (5.1 iOS). But, even my Missus is rather impressed with her battery life now. Before she charged daily, and now it is every other day...

navI, i have to say, at first seeing your batt stats on 5.1 i was skeptical on your usage/sb you were getting--but i see you have improved a good bit Good for you !!

(although i'm still skeptical about upgrading myself lol)
    03-20-2012 01:24 PM
    Thanks. A few people are still saying they are getting terrible battery life on their iPhone 4S (5.1 iOS). But, even my Missus is rather impressed with her battery life now. Before she charged daily, and now it is every other day...
    Yw. Glad to hear Mrs.navI is happy with her battery life now also !!

I have seen quite a few complaining that their batt is worse than it was on 5.0.1. Seeing this, it deterred me from upgrading now, & considering the battery life I get where I only need to charge every 2, sometimes 3 days. SO until I absolutely positively HAVE to upgrade, I'll stay put where I'm at
    03-20-2012 07:25 PM
    Fairly good.

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk
    03-20-2012 07:43 PM
    This is the last one before I put it on charge
    03-21-2012 04:16 PM
    here go mines
    03-21-2012 06:19 PM
    Are you on 3G (well AT&T's 4G) all day long? That usage looks pretty low with only 3 hours of usage and 8 hours of standby.
    03-21-2012 06:21 PM
    Are you on 3G (well AT&T's 4G) all day long? That usage looks pretty low with only 3 hours of usage and 8 hours of standby.
    yeah and i switch to wifi when its available
    03-21-2012 07:05 PM

Not so hot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    03-21-2012 07:53 PM
    Click to view quoted image

Not so hot?

I've heard CDMA phones use more battery than GSM, its still pretty good in my opinion. I'm sure it'll get better in the coming days though.
    03-21-2012 08:03 PM
    People really need to take these battery times with a MASSIVE grain of salt. They say nothing about what the user was using the phone for. Sure if you're barely using the phone for anything other than a few texts here and there you're gonna get a bigger number of usage hours, and probably a longer standby time.

These numbers don't take into account things like wifi, brightness level, reception quality, etc. If I spend all my usage hours playing Infinity Blade 2 at max brightness with bad reception then of course my usage time is going to be low! All these people who are supposedly getting huge numbers in the standby time or usage time are probably people whose "normal usage" is much less taxing than what someone else would consider normal, and on top of this they probably use their phone for much less battery-taxing tasks.

Don't be fooled by the numbers. Everyone uses their phone for different things and as long as it lasts "long enough" for you (this is completely subjective) then don't worry about the "better" battery life that someone else is getting. They probably aren't using their phone for the same things as you.
    BLiNK and Adawg1203 like this.
    03-21-2012 10:23 PM
    People really need to take these battery times with a MASSIVE grain of salt. They say nothing about what the user was using the phone for. Sure if you're barely using the phone for anything other than a few texts here and there you're gonna get a bigger number of usage hours, and probably a longer standby time.

These numbers don't take into account things like wifi, brightness level, reception quality, etc. If I spend all my usage hours playing Infinity Blade 2 at max brightness with bad reception then of course my usage time is going to be low! All these people who are supposedly getting huge numbers in the standby time or usage time are probably people whose "normal usage" is much less taxing than what someone else would consider normal, and on top of this they probably use their phone for much less battery-taxing tasks.

Don't be fooled by the numbers. Everyone uses their phone for different things and as long as it lasts "long enough" for you (this is completely subjective) then don't worry about the "better" battery life that someone else is getting. They probably aren't using their phone for the same things as you.
    very well said and precisely why i have never posted any screenshots of my battery usage and never will

waste. of. time.
    03-22-2012 12:14 AM
    Now, now, let's not turn this into a depressing thread. This thread is merely a means of conversation, and seeing 'general' stats from the average joe user of an iPhone...

Don't read too much into it, i.e. their device is better than mine, or I'm doing something wrong with my device. This is just a nice outlet if you will, from the day-to-day issues that people have to deal with, i.e. life.

Let's not make it more than it is; honestly...
    NoleScream likes this.
    03-22-2012 07:26 AM
    Seriously, some people know how to spoil a wet dream! Damn...
    03-22-2012 07:37 AM
    Now, now, let's not turn this into a depressing thread. This thread is merely a means of conversation, and seeing 'general' stats from the average joe user of an iPhone...

Don't read too much into it, i.e. their device is better than mine, or I'm doing something wrong with my device. This is just a nice outlet if you will, from the day-to-day issues that people have to deal with, i.e. life.

Let's not make it more than it is; honestly...
    this is an important statement right here. Just because your sb/usage times differ from someone elses doesn't imply either one of these points Ivan made. Like he said, its all just good "fun" for a looser term, to see what/how other peoples usage/sb's are.

ie. Yes my sb/usage may be more than Ivan's are, but thats because i use my phone less and can carry thru longer till i need a charge. That would just give an example of approximately what a "light" user (myself) could get out of their device. Of course there are days i use it more and get less sb time. This morn i ended at usage 9h 9m and sb 1day 12hrs with 11%(5.0.1) because i was streaming iheartradio(all on wifi) all day yesterday like it was my job, lol
    03-22-2012 08:58 AM
    here's mine from yesterday now it was plugged in for about 10 minutes while I added a couple new albums and apps but other than that it was on all day

03-22-2012 04:19 PM
122 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD