Ok so when 5.1 is disclosed I wanna know every little thing that is new and awesome about it. I might not read or hear everything so feel free to post anything you hear or see once the keynotes over.

Magically transferred through space and time to the internut on my LifeProof'd iPhone using Tapatalk.
    03-07-2012 04:56 AM
    whatever "they" are it better be next to amazing. months of beta testing and private testing seems a little ridiculous for minor improvements
    03-07-2012 07:40 AM
    There is no reason new features need to be amazing, they have simply not yet been announced.
    03-07-2012 08:01 AM
    i have not heard anything.
    03-07-2012 01:02 PM
    "Camera shortcut now always visible on Lock Screen for iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and iPod touch (4th generation)
    Camera face detection now highlights all detected faces
    Redesigned Camera app for iPad
    Genius Mixes and Genius playlists for iTunes Match subscribers
    Audio for TV programs and films on iPad optimized to sound louder and clearer
    Podcast controls for playback speed and a 30-second rewind for iPad
    Addresses bugs affecting battery life
    Fixes an issue that occasionally caused audio to drop for outgoing calls"

Via AppAdvice
    Jaguarr40 and Gigi100557 like this.
    03-07-2012 04:37 PM
    Too bad I didn't learn Japanese the two years I lived in Japan, cause now I'd be able to talk to Siri in Japanese...
    hellomiggy likes this.
    03-07-2012 04:54 PM
    Photo stream delete only deletes per device ? Not removing it from all devices

Sent Into Orbit from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    03-07-2012 04:57 PM

I actually like it that way. It can be a Blessing to know that you have a backup available on another device if you accidentally delete on the one you're currently using.

Just Me, D
    Tapatalk (iPad 2)
    03-07-2012 05:16 PM
    What about this 4g for iPhone 4s's now??

Magically transferred through space and time to the internut on my LifeProof'd iPhone using Tapatalk.
    03-07-2012 05:22 PM
    First thing I notice is the very detailed list of what they did in this update. So are updates that just say "bug fixes" out the door with numbers on the products now too?
    03-07-2012 05:25 PM
    the genius playlist is back... finally!! actually used this a lot...

camera always on lock screen is a nice touch... remains to be seen if battery life (already not bad) improves...
    03-07-2012 05:39 PM
    glad too that the audio got fixed when using ipad to stream to apple tv... kinda sucked before
    03-07-2012 05:46 PM
    i do wish that someday the iphone will support full landscape, even when on homescreen... much like the ipad always has done...
    03-07-2012 06:45 PM

Pictures will remove from all devices if the pictures was taken after you installed IOS 5.1. Previous pictures taken before installing IOS 5.1 will only delete per the device they are on.
    03-08-2012 02:33 PM
    whatever "they" are it better be next to amazing. months of beta testing and private testing seems a little ridiculous for minor improvements
    I suspect that the time required for beta was due to the battery life fixes. It takes a lot of data to quantitatively measure the amount of improvement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    leharris22 likes this.
    03-08-2012 03:26 PM
    I suspect that the time required for beta was due to the battery life fixes. It takes a lot of data to quantitatively measure the amount of improvement.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    That's so true. And as soon as an update is released, everyone is commenting on battery life. When, in reality, this can truly be perceived right away.
    03-08-2012 06:36 PM
    What about this 4g for iPhone 4s's now??

That's just AT&T trying to pull the wool over your eyes. A software update cannot magically make your phone go from 4G to 3G. It's still just running on HSPA+, which is still technically 3G AT&T just likes to label it as 4G.
    03-09-2012 11:08 AM
    i do wish that someday the iphone will support full landscape, even when on homescreen... much like the ipad always has done...
    I'd like to see that as well
    03-09-2012 01:20 PM
    That's just AT&T trying to pull the wool over your eyes. A software update cannot magically make your phone go from 4G to 3G. It's still just running on HSPA+, which is still technically 3G AT&T just likes to label it as 4G.
    good to see they did not have you fooled!
    03-09-2012 02:05 PM
    What "bug fixes"??????
    03-10-2012 07:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD