Any way to override the 20MB download limit?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
You can NOT view HQ videos on 3G with out jail breaking.

Sure you can. Just use the mobile site: How to Watch HD YouTube Videos over 3G on iPhone | iPhone in Canada Blog - Canada's #1 iPhone Resource

And use this trick so that YouTube links ALWAYS open in mobile Safari instead of opening the YouTube app: iOS Tip: Speeding Up YouTube | jack john brown

Here's a screenshot; all you need to do to turn HQ on or off is tap the red HQ button. Notice I'm on 3G.

9eVhI.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: reltm and vietalogy

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I usually use the app. I've view some on the browser but quality was really bad.

Interesting--I actually first came across this because using the native app was absolutely awful for me. It always stuttered, had to rebuffer, stopped loading, etc. It was basically unusable. Using the mobile site, I get better quality video AND a better viewing experience. I can actually use YouTube now!

Since we seem to hijacking the original thread here, I created a new one just for this topic in case anyone wants to talk about it further: http://forums.imore.com/ios-5-forum/230879-how-watch-hq-youtube-video-over-3g.html#post1852274

Reactions: reltm

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I think i'll just try verizon again and see if they can help. i don't understand jailbreaking and exactly how to do it (every time i look it up i get so many different videos and jailbreak options that i get confused and don't even know where to start)

Arelunde

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Verizon will provide you with a router - if you ask, it could be at a greatly reduced price. That happened with me. I had an ancient router, called Vz, and the rep was willing to sell me a dual router (two levels of data transmission - regular and faster) at the "intro" price for someone just signing up for DSL. They UPS'd it to me and I got it the next day.

Was easy to install with Win7 on my PC - all I needed to do was enter a passcode. In earlier years, it was incredibly complex to install a router and, even tho I'm pretty tech savvy, I had to pay a guy to install it. Using the wifi signal in your home has all the advantages listed by others above. Your iDevices will automatically shift to your wifi when it is in range (settings > wifi > wifi on > choose a network (will show your home router's name or ID number) > add password as provided by the router info.)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2