Three of my coworkers brought this up to me this morning. I thought I saw it on here before but the search isn't turning it up.

What exactly is the "usage" in settings reporting for apps? It says Infinity Blade II - 1.1GB, Dictionary - 146MB, Facebook - 84.4MB, Bing - 67.3MB, etc.

With the exception of Infinity Blade (I think it's around 800MB) I know that all of those apps are small according to iTunes less than or around 10MB in actual size.

Is that data moved over the lifetime of the app? Data cached on my iPhone?
    02-22-2012 09:38 AM
    If you click on each individual app you will see documents and data. So if you look at Facebook say, you will see the app itself is not that large but it stores images and such in the cache and that's what is taking up all that room. And for some apps you'll see just the app itself is that size and only a few KB of documents and data.
    02-22-2012 10:06 AM
    Ah, I didn't see that you could touch and see more info.

Another question, has it always been this way for apps and data? Just that before iOS 5 you couldn't see how much data an app was storing?

Looking now I see apps have gotten quite large; Skype is 42.6MB and Evernote 24MB. Have not been paying attention just downloading all update at one time on iTunes.
    02-22-2012 01:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD