ISP is my main email.
    Gmail
    Hotmail

Never tried to access or use my iCloud email. I got gmail for YouTube etc. (google specific stuff) and hotmail is mostly dead so I don't even have it on phone ATM.
    02-18-2012 11:49 AM
    If I could only pick one, it would have to be Gmail at this time. I swap phones between an iPhone 4 and Windows Phone, so iCloud won't work for me as my sole personal email/calendars solution. However, I'm starting to like the idea of using my Windows Live account instead due to the integration with Windows 8. So Gmail for now, but open to dropping it like a bad habit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    03-01-2012 10:30 AM
    I have multiple emails:

2 Gmails- 1 is my main
    1 is for web/social networking/& all others that I don't want on my main

1 iCloud - For professional (work) use

I tried yahoo and didn't like it. Had a hotmail for many years but as I grew into the Apple ecosystem, hotmail didn't play nice with it very well. Besides I heard so many rumors of ppl getting their hotmail accts hacked.

Sent from my iPhone via Tapatalk
    03-01-2012 03:02 PM
    iCloud only

Transferred all my email, contacts and calendar once iCloud was activated. It's simple, works well and I have no problems with it. I have iCloud.com on my PC browsers so I can access my iCloud email from all my computers and devices.

Still have an open Gmail account, which is unfortunately, my Apple ID email (can't change it). It's now essentially inactive. My earlier email was via Verizon. THAT one is constantly flooded with advertising emails - at least 100 every week or so! Not one single private email because I used Gmail for a while. I hesitate to close the Verizon one because it has very good "names" that I can't get any more.
    03-01-2012 04:50 PM
    Gmail for email, contacts, and calendar. I tried out iCloud email but viewing on computer is awfully slow so I stick to gmail. Also gmail is universal so if I change OS's it will still work.

Via Tapatalk
    03-01-2012 05:57 PM
    I use 3 google accounts and my iCloud account.

•Main Gmail.com account with 80GB extra storage.

•Personal google apps with our family domain

•Work google apps with that domain

iCloud.
    03-04-2012 08:33 AM
    I use my @me address as my private one that only friends and family have. Then I have 2 Gmail accounts that are forwarded to the @me I use for when I sign up to forums such as these or register for stores etc...
    03-04-2012 10:35 AM
    I switched my main email from gmail to me.com, and created a second me.com alias for forums, etc.
    03-04-2012 05:25 PM
    My primary is Gmail.
    Secondary is an old yahoo account.
    03-04-2012 10:18 PM
    Gmail, way more control and flexibility than anything else.
    03-26-2012 03:19 AM
    I'm trying to drum up a great conversation here.

Currently we seem to have four major providers when it comes to email, whether paid or free.

Whether you're an iOS device user or not, which email provider do you think is the best: (in no particular order)

Gmail
    Hotmail
    iCloud (ME.com)
    Yahoo

Here's looking forward to an interesting conversation and banter.
    iCloud requires you to access your mail from the latest browser, so you might not be able to check your mail on a public device.

I use Gmail, because the interface is great, it has a strong spam filter, and you are able to set up email for your own domain with Google Apps for free (10 users).
    03-27-2012 01:27 PM
    Another reason to use Gmail: iOS and WP7 support flagging with Gmail, but not Hotmail.

Sent from my The New iPad using Tapatalk
    impaler likes this.
    04-03-2012 10:00 PM
    iCloud requires you to access your mail from the latest browser, so you might not be able to check your mail on a public device.

I use Gmail, because the interface is great, it has a strong spam filter, and you are able to set up email for your own domain with Google Apps for free (10 users).
    I want to love iCloud and trust it completely with my .mac account. Trouble is, on the Apple Discussion Forums, there's a 30 page thread on people having issues with their email, such as lack of push, emails disappearing, etc. It's ok but I NEED to feel trustworthy that email will be delivered. I don't get that nervousness with Gmail.
    04-04-2012 06:52 PM
    GMail

Previous Hotmail user, however through recent history several devices did not support push/IMAP hotmail. Hence my switch to GMail. Also contacts as an exchange server for various device was another decisive factor. I thought about using iCloud but it would lead to the same issue in the event I use an Android device, or another OS.
    04-17-2012 01:47 PM
    Personally, I prefer gmail but was a long time yahoo user before making the switch.
    04-23-2012 11:34 AM
    I'm trying to drum up a great conversation here.

Currently we seem to have four major providers when it comes to email, whether paid or free.

Whether you're an iOS device user or not, which email provider do you think is the best: (in no particular order)

Gmail
    Hotmail
    iCloud (ME.com)
    Yahoo

Here's looking forward to an interesting conversation and banter.
    iCloud requires you to have the latest browser to use it, so I really wouldn't want to depend on that.
    04-23-2012 12:21 PM
    naviwilliams, add a poll to the topic

As for me - I've only used Gmail and iCloud.
    iCloud is dedicated to Apple stuff, while Gmail is for general use since it interoperates with my other tech.
    04-23-2012 01:43 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD