iOS 5.1 next beta or GM

leharris22

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Let's hope it's soon. I feel like it's been ages since the last update. That was months ago! Bring on the latest and greatest!

Skier1960

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Maybe they're waiting for the DMCA jailbreaking decision to expire on the chance it won't be renewed. They would break the current jailbreak with 5.1, and further jailbreaking would be illegal again. This IS, primarily, a marketing-driven company more concerned with sales than what their customers want or need, so it wouldn't surprise me.

I think market-driven would apply to most successful Companies...... It's not illegal to make money. Got to go!! Have to check How my Apple shares are doing..

greasemuntney

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
So what everyone is say is that the option to delete photo stream is the ONLY new feature? Then what is the use of putting it out. Shoot I will be on 5.0.1 for a long time. Happy with it so far and not worth having photo stream delete just to lose a JB. Maybe after it is JB then my update.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
So what everyone is say is that the option to delete photo stream is the ONLY new feature? Then what is the use of putting it out. Shoot I will be on 5.0.1 for a long time. Happy with it so far and not worth having photo stream delete just to lose a JB. Maybe after it is JB then my update.

There will be more than just being able to delete photo stream pics. ;)

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
There will be more than just being able to delete photo stream pics. ;)

like what? here we are on the verge of a possible GM and all i have seen is the ability to delete photostream pics

wouldn't we normally see anything "new" by this point?

CBMem

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I think market-driven would apply to most successful Companies...... It's not illegal to make money. Got to go!! Have to check How my Apple shares are doing..

I didn't say "market-driven"; I said "marketING-driven". Market driven means responsive to and focused on customer's needs, which does not include making them wait an extra month or more for corrections to problems they've already put up with for months, just because the Marketing people want it to coincide with the release of another new product. Any other company would be crucified for that (and justifiably so), but Apple zealots just keep putting up with it, so they keep getting it.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
assuming it does drop on or around 03/09, then can we expect to see the GM towards the end of next week??

dublex

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I'd say tomorrow the GM will be released with the reveal. Then the public release will be along with the sale of the next generation iPad.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73