iOS 5.1 next beta or GM

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
When do you think we will see it? Reckon we're all about due for it.

Magically transferred through space and time to the internut on my LifeProof'd iPhone using Tapatalk.

Avenged110

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I've been wondering that myself. It's been what? 4 weeks since the lest update... Something has to have happend, as I don't remember Apple taking this long normally to seed the next update.

Kinda hope it's another beta just because I would hope they add something more before GM. There really isn't that much x.1 update-worthy changes otherwise.

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I've been wondering that myself. It's been what? 4 weeks since the lest update... Something has to have happend, as I don't remember Apple taking this long normally to seed the next update.

Kinda hope it's another beta just because I would hope they add something more before GM. There really isn't that much x.1 update-worthy changes otherwise.

True. Wouldn't mind something a little new to make it a bit more exciting.

Magically transferred through space and time to the internut on my LifeProof'd iPhone using Tapatalk.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
This has got to be the longest beta ever, makes you wonder what they are doing, better not just be some bug fixes.

Last edited:

vintagetonez

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
My guess is holding it out for iPad 3

This has nothing to do with the iPad 3. iPad 3 won't launch any sooner than April which is 2 months away. And it's almost been 5 weeks since the last beta. The did the same thing between the last beta for 5.0 before GM. It was almost 8 weeks.

Last edited:

CBMem

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Maybe they're waiting for the DMCA jailbreaking decision to expire on the chance it won't be renewed. They would break the current jailbreak with 5.1, and further jailbreaking would be illegal again. This IS, primarily, a marketing-driven company more concerned with sales than what their customers want or need, so it wouldn't surprise me.

Timhewitt

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I suspect they are adding in some new functionality that we did not see in earlier betas.

You can bet they closed the jail break hole within a few days of the release.

They would not be holding it up for the iPad 3 in March. No reason.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
This has nothing to do with the iPad 3. iPad 3 won't launch any sooner than April which is 2 months away. And it's almost been 5 weeks since the last beta. The did the same thing between the last beta for 5.0 before GM. It was almost 8 weeks.

Yes it can. Not saying it is but it can. Apple loves to release updates at the time at the of a product launches. I just looked in Dev portal and last beta was January 9th. The difference with 5.0 GM was they needed to hold that for the event. It was dated a couple of weeks before the release of the GM.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Maybe they're waiting for the DMCA jailbreaking decision to expire on the chance it won't be renewed. They would break the current jailbreak with 5.1, and further jailbreaking would be illegal again. This IS, primarily, a marketing-driven company more concerned with sales than what their customers want or need, so it wouldn't surprise me.

doubt it. we all know Apple will easily release a 5.1.X in a drop of a hat

Possession

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I do hope we see it soon, been having some problems with my 4S which I hope will be fixed with 5.1. Plus even a slightly better battery life fix would be nice.

It's been just about a month since Beta 3, so hopefully somethings new soon. I can understand the long gap between Beta 2/Beta 3 (the holiday period inbetween).

But still, if it's been a whole month and we get no new features then I'll be a little annoyed. IIRC the only new feature so far is the photo stream deletion.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods