Morning, just curious, do we have a lot of Hotmail users using iOS?
    02-06-2012 08:43 AM
    I haven't used hotmail in several months.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk.
    02-06-2012 08:49 AM
    No, just online.
    02-06-2012 10:51 AM
    I had it set up on my phone, but was a pain because even though i deleted the mail it would re-download to my device moments later.
    02-06-2012 11:34 AM
    joe_fresh, you should set it up as Exchange (m.hotmail.com) versus using the Hotmail mail setup.
    02-06-2012 11:36 AM
    Since iOS 5 came out even if I setup hotmail as exchange using the manual settings it goes back to native setup but it still performs like exchange.
    02-06-2012 11:52 AM
    I am a still a hotmail user and I do have it setup via exchange on my iPhone and iPad and im satisfied with the way my devices handle it Hotmail is my secondary account, by the way.

Just Me, D
    02-06-2012 12:07 PM
    Online only. Made it my "junk" account.
    02-06-2012 06:49 PM
    Hmm seems Gmail is still leading the way with email...
    02-06-2012 08:22 PM
    Hmm seems Gmail is still leading the way with email...
    I'm wondering if anyone will actually leave it when the new privacy policy goes into effect.
    02-07-2012 09:24 AM
    ...hence my post about Hotmail. I can't see myself using Yahoo as an alternative.
    02-07-2012 09:28 AM
    I actually closed my gmail account because of the new policies they have in place.. I recently opened a new @live account.. I know it's a different handle but it's a hotmail account none the less.. I haven't had any trouble with my live account on my iPod touch..

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    02-07-2012 10:52 AM
    I'm wondering if anyone will actually leave it when the new privacy policy goes into effect.
    I cancelled my Gmail service because of it. Until, I cancelled, Gmail had been my primary email & calendar service for years although, I've had Yahoo!, Hotmail and AOL Mail longer. Apple iCloud is now my primary and, thus far, I'm satisfied with it. Hotmail is my secondary (for business use), Yahoo! Is used primarily for Fantasy Football and AOL is my junk mail account.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    02-07-2012 11:21 AM
    Not worried too much about the new Gmail privacy policy as I do not use Google+, YouTube, etc. and usually use Incognito for browsing. I use Hotmail for junk and other mail but just access through the web browser on my iPhone, and I use Gmail set as an exchange account to sync contacts and calendar events.

Curious though how those who are upset at the new Gmail policy feel about Facebook. They know where you live, who you are friends with, where you are right now and quite a bit more personal data that people offer up. Based on data in their S1 filing they have a return on sales of around 25% meaning to me that possibly advertisers are willing to pay at higher rates than Google or other services for the intense targeted advertising info they are selling on their users, although as more financial info is offered up that view may change.
    02-08-2012 05:53 AM
    I was an avid Gmail user but have switched to using iCloud as my main mail account. I've noticed my Hotmail has issues syncing on my iPhone now. Weird?
    02-08-2012 07:27 AM
    I use gmail as my primary and hotmail as my secondary but I think I'm gonna delete it soon, it acts goofy and pushes mail when i don't want it to
    02-08-2012 08:23 AM
    --snipped--
    Curious though how those who are upset at the new Gmail policy feel about Facebook. They know where you live, who you are friends with, where you are right now and quite a bit more personal data that people offer up. Based on data in their S1 filing they have a return on sales of around 25% meaning to me that possibly advertisers are willing to pay at higher rates than Google or other services for the intense targeted advertising info they are selling on their users, although as more financial info is offered up that view may change.
    I deactivated my Facebook account almost 3 years ago after using it for a short period of time. I never really liked it and I hated how intrusive it was.

Just Me, D
    02-08-2012 08:49 AM
    Can someone give me a quick summary of the new privacy policy and why it is a problem? Just wondering, I have been using gmail for years as my main email... 2nd question too, does the iCloud service for email have any extra benefit, like better push, more features?
    02-08-2012 09:47 AM
    Do you have Hotmail setup as Exchange (m.hotmail.com)? If not, maybe try that...

I'd love to use my iCloud as my main, but my fear is, in time to come I may switch to another device type. Doing so would cause an issue using iCloud.

Plus, I wonder if the web version (Calendar and the likes) are slow like it was in the Mobile ME days?

I was an avid Gmail user but have switched to using iCloud as my main mail account. I've noticed my Hotmail has issues syncing on my iPhone now. Weird?
    02-08-2012 01:14 PM
    I closed Facebook, most annoying. And as for Twitter, I've simply stopped posting for now...

I deactivated my Facebook account almost 3 years ago after using it for a short period of time. I never really liked it and I hated how intrusive it was.

Just Me, D
    02-08-2012 01:15 PM
    I hear you. Now in regard to Twitter, I'm very active. Most of my tweets are political, but that's what I'm in to. As for you, weren't you active on another forum that dealt with rooted devices?

Just Me, D
    02-08-2012 03:21 PM
    Can someone give me a quick summary of the new privacy policy and why it is a problem? Just wondering, I have been using gmail for years as my main email... 2nd question too, does the iCloud service for email have any extra benefit, like better push, more features?
    http://m.clickz.com/clickz/news/2141...mean-marketers

As for your second question, no, it does not. Yet, it does a very good job at syncing all of your devices almost immediately after any changes have been made regardless of what device you were using when the change was made. In my opinion, it's just as good as Google.

Just Me, D
    02-08-2012 03:28 PM
    I have the same ID on all gadget forums that I venture onto. I was a MOD on the sister forum of iMore, CrackBerry

I hear you. Now in regard to Twitter, I'm very active. Most of my tweets are political, but that's what I'm in to. As for you, weren't you active on another forum that dealt with rooted devices?

Just Me, D
    02-08-2012 05:47 PM
    I had it set up on my phone, but was a pain because even though i deleted the mail it would re-download to my device moments later.
    You have to set the Hotmail account up to delete the mail in both places automatically if you want that. Just login to the online version and go to settings.

I use Windows Live/MSN/Hotmail and am considering making it my primary and dropping Gmail. Even though there isn't a person at google reading the mail I still feel my privacy and the privacy of my contacts is being invaded.
    02-08-2012 11:43 PM
    Google Privacy Change May Not Mean Much for Marketers, Yet - ClickZ mobile

As for your second question, no, it does not. Yet, it does a very good job at syncing all of your devices almost immediately after any changes have been made regardless of what device you were using when the change was made. In my opinion, it's just as good as Google.

Just Me, D
    Thanks for that link... I have to say, I didn't read anything that gave me even the slightest hesitation about using gmail.
    02-10-2012 09:37 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD