Hotmail...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I hear you. Now in regard to Twitter, I'm very active. Most of my tweets are political, but that's what I'm in to. As for you, weren't you active on another forum that dealt with rooted devices?

Just Me, D

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Can someone give me a quick summary of the new privacy policy and why it is a problem? Just wondering, I have been using gmail for years as my main email... 2nd question too, does the iCloud service for email have any extra benefit, like better push, more features?

http://m.clickz.com/clickz/news/2141422/google-privacy-change-mean-marketers

As for your second question, no, it does not. Yet, it does a very good job at syncing all of your devices almost immediately after any changes have been made regardless of what device you were using when the change was made. In my opinion, it's just as good as Google.

Just Me, D

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I have the same ID on all gadget forums that I venture onto. I was a MOD on the sister forum of iMore, CrackBerry :)

I hear you. Now in regard to Twitter, I'm very active. Most of my tweets are political, but that's what I'm in to. As for you, weren't you active on another forum that dealt with rooted devices?

Just Me, D

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I had it set up on my phone, but was a pain because even though i deleted the mail it would re-download to my device moments later.

You have to set the Hotmail account up to delete the mail in both places automatically if you want that. Just login to the online version and go to settings.

I use Windows Live/MSN/Hotmail and am considering making it my primary and dropping Gmail. Even though there isn't a person at google reading the mail I still feel my privacy and the privacy of my contacts is being invaded.

sofryj

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Google Privacy Change May Not Mean Much for Marketers, Yet - ClickZ mobile

As for your second question, no, it does not. Yet, it does a very good job at syncing all of your devices almost immediately after any changes have been made regardless of what device you were using when the change was made. In my opinion, it's just as good as Google.

Just Me, D

Thanks for that link... I have to say, I didn't read anything that gave me even the slightest hesitation about using gmail.

neek87

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
I used to have gmail as my primary but I'm slowly moving away from it. I use iCloud as my primary now. Hat never used Hotmail.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Despite changes to its privacy policy, Gmail really has set the bar when it comes to Email, Calendar and Contacts.

Now if only on an iOS device we could get an option to add TWO reminders to Calendar items; that would be great...

Anyway, I digress.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73