Simple question from a new iPhone owner...

Is there any way to silence the sound the phone makes when sending an SMS message? I found the setting for email, but not SMS.

Thanks very much!
    01-10-2012 06:14 PM
    Not unless you jailbreak.
    01-10-2012 06:20 PM
    this has got to be one of the most useless features on the iPhone AND very annoying i might add
    01-10-2012 06:25 PM
    Thanks for the info!

As great as this device is, there are a number of items like this that you can only shake you're head at. Another example is the inability to set up multiple email signatures.
    01-10-2012 06:40 PM
    this has got to be one of the most useless features on the iPhone AND very annoying i might add
    I'm actually just the opposite lol. When I send a tx msg I actually listen for the "swoosh" sound to know that my text was sent.
    01-10-2012 07:03 PM
    I'm actually just the opposite lol. When I send a tx msg I actually listen for the "swoosh" sound to know that my text was sent.
    Agreed. I don't like not hearing that sound.
    01-10-2012 07:10 PM
    I'm with you! For both my texts and email, if I don't hear it, I worry it didn't send.
    01-10-2012 07:21 PM
    Agreed. I don't like not hearing that sound.
    I'm with you! For both my texts and email, if I don't hear it, I worry it didn't send.
    yes, and also for email to be sure it sends as well. If i don't hear it, i worry the tx/mail didnt send either !!
    01-11-2012 08:49 AM
    I also listen for the sound.
    01-11-2012 10:12 AM
    I too listen for the sound lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    01-11-2012 10:16 AM
    Why complain about an iPhone only feature lol it's awesome that it lets us know when our texts n emails are sent
    01-11-2012 10:31 AM
    apple Too concern about Music so, They Give Us Sound everytime we do Something On iphone
    I wonder If I didnt hear the sound, has the email been delivered On time..
    01-11-2012 10:46 AM
    Why complain about an iPhone only feature lol it's awesome that it lets us know when our texts n emails are sent
    why?? because i can. whats next.. you're going to come to my house and tell me what to eat?

just for the record, in the almost 3 years i've owned an iPhone i only had 2 texts that did not send on the first attempt. no need for a silly little noise
    01-11-2012 01:09 PM
    I like to hear both my email and text sounds but that's because I'm JBen and they are custom sounds The problem is that while a small number of users will not want to hear the sound for the text or email the majority will and Apple caters like any company to the majority. This is why there is JB because they can cater to a select few and there is no recourse for action. If Apple's phone didn't make the noise and someone's email didn't send it would end up in court if they lost their job, or lost a lotto jackpot or god knows what. Do I think they will ever do these things eventually, but if they give you everything you need then there will be no need to update the firmware.
    01-11-2012 04:44 PM
    Not unless you jailbreak.
    You can always SSH the phone. Remove the actual sound and replace it with a blank sound file.
    Takes a little time, but if its really that annoying worth it.
    01-11-2012 04:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD