iOS 5.1 beta 3 is available

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
hmmmmmmm.....ok

I still find it hard to believe, never in my life have any one of my iPhone givin me 8 hours usage. You must have gotten a "special" one.

Magically beamed through the internut on my LifeProof'd iPhone using Tapatalk.

yep, its for real, no bs and no altercations on the image, no bump charging inbetween either. check the 5.0.1 battery screen shot for the one i posted today. all legit:)
http://forums.imore.com/ios-5-forum/224135-post-battery-screenshots-5-0-1-a-34.html#post1835550

i actually consider myself very lucky for the standby/usage times i get;)

zm976311

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone that is using 5.1 had the issue where the phone isn't at 100% in the am and is now fixed with 5.1?

What? Like take it off the charger and leave it overnight? If you do that it's completely normal to lose some life. I lose anywhere from 2-6% depending on how many texts/emails I get throughout the night. That's not an OS problem... It's normal behavior for a discharging battery.

jebulls

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
What? Like take it off the charger and leave it overnight? If you do that it's completely normal to lose some life. I lose anywhere from 2-6% depending on how many texts/emails I get throughout the night. That's not an OS problem... It's normal behavior for a discharging battery.

No while plugged in this is happening

VydorScope

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Ok my basic day is- always hooked up to wifi, 3 email accts all fetch hourly, location ON, Siri ON, 1 weather app updates hourly, approx 20 emails a day, txing throughout, 5-10 phone calls a day, lots of playing music, lite Internet surfing. I think I covered everything. (if I missed anything I'll add on) I also am in the habit of closing out my apps mid day and at bedtime.

Today before I set up to charge I was at 27% with 8hr usage & 1day 4hrs standby.

Sent from iPinkks 4S using Tapatalk

I dont doubt it. I get around 6+ some days in 5.0.1 myself, and the only thing I turn off is wifi because around here 3G is much faster then wifi. Everything else is on, after all I spend all this money on a cell phone to use it, not to cripple it. :)

Its HIGHLY dependent not on how much I use the phone, but what I do. Like yesterday day I only got around 3 hours, but that I believe was because I was playing a lot of MetalStorm which I do not normally do.

It will be interesting to see when 5.1 hits if people like you actually get any better battery life, or if you stay about the same, and the low end of user comes up a bit closer to you. I suspect that will be the case, but I dont have 5.1... tempted to go get a dev account though just to find out. :)

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I dont doubt it. I get around 6+ some days in 5.0.1 myself, and the only thing I turn off is wifi because around here 3G is much faster then wifi. Everything else is on, after all I spend all this money on a cell phone to use it, not to cripple it. :)

Its HIGHLY dependent not on how much I use the phone, but what I do. Like yesterday day I only got around 3 hours, but that I believe was because I was playing a lot of MetalStorm which I do not normally do.

It will be interesting to see when 5.1 hits if people like you actually get any better battery life, or if you stay about the same, and the low end of user comes up a bit closer to you. I suspect that will be the case, but I dont have 5.1... tempted to go get a dev account though just to find out. :)
Vydor, I'd have to agree with you here-not how much you do but WHAT you do that has an impact on the battery life. I don't play any games on my 4S at all, although I do have one whole game installed !! LOL !! word search by search star-only time inplay it is when I'm REALLY bored. :D

I'm interested in hearing when 5.1 is released on battery stats also-but again, because my device is stable, I'll be hesitant to upgrade. Why "fix" what's not "broken" so to speak:)

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
tempted to go get a dev account though just to find out. :)

keep in mind, i believe, these betas can typically be loaded with additional software to help monitor other processes which in turn can use more battery than normal

meaning, betas not indicative to the final product

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I'm interested in hearing when 5.1 is released on battery stats also-but again, because my device is stable, I'll be hesitant to upgrade. Why "fix" what's not "broken" so to speak:)

Why update? Security fixes. I can't say what's fixed on 5.1 because I simply don't know, but they are always fixing security holes.

zm976311

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
No while plugged in this is happening

This is your phone allowing the battery to discharge a bit so you don't overcharge the battery... Usually once you've charged the phone all the way you should take it off the charger so you don't overcharge.

VydorScope

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
well, i'll wait and see. nothing is being released yet, and when it is--i'll be checking on what is going to be upgraded/patched/etc. etc. :)

Yeah, once it hits there will be a large % of the members of this forum that will rush to install it. If you just wait a week you will know everything you need to know about the impact of it on everyone else.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, once it hits there will be a large % of the members of this forum that will rush to install it. If you just wait a week you will know everything you need to know about the impact of it on everyone else.
oh yeah, its just like when i was using a bb---the mad rush to dwld the leak- i always waited to see what the concensus had to say first;)

There is still time to start! :D

:pone of these days......maybe, lol.

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Found something funny while I was charging up my phone just before. If you run it done and then plug it in you can get your usage to look like its the ultimate iPhone.
cb62f633.jpg

Now it doesn't say it's been plugged in and it all legit. But I really only got
f5eacf9f.jpg

Just a heads up on this little trick. I still think my 7.5 hours usage was awesome.

Magically beamed through the internut on my LifeProof'd iPhone using Tapatalk.

VydorScope

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Found something funny while I was charging up my phone just before. If you run it done and then plug it in you can get your usage to look like its the ultimate iPhone.

Now it doesn't say it's been plugged in and it all legit. But I really only got

Just a heads up on this little trick. I still think my 7.5 hours usage was awesome.

So you discovered that poeple can lie if they want to? Great detective work! No one else could have figured it out! I doubt anyone could have ever even guessed that some one might lie on the internet! :D :D

/s

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen