iOS 5.1 beta 3 is available

zm976311

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
not that beta software is indicative of anything but it looks like battery performance is a meh..?
Seems to be the usual... some people claim better life, some don't. Only real difference with this one is that the people who claim an increase are claiming HUGE increases. I'm not in that boat though and still getting meh battery life.
Ability to hide apple apps, is this true? Would be a very welcome feature.
Not a real feature... unless there's something different you have to do. I can't seem to replicate that.

Last edited:

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm on 40% with over 4 hours usage and 25 hours standby. I will post a pic when I have 1% left.

Magically beamed through the internut on my LifeProof'd iPhone using Tapatalk.

Kaitokomauri

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Is the speed improved too - ever since upgrading my ipod touch 4g to iOS 5, i have been having momentary freeze-ups which are quite nagging. i am excited for the increased battery life!

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
0ec985c0-4c27-6ff0.jpg
Loving it.

Last edited:

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Click to view quoted image
Loving it.

Ok, question. This is normally the battery life I see on 5.0.1 on my 4S right now--so could I say that if/when 5.1 b3 is released(provided it passes the testing) I would see even better battery life then?

And no, I'm not trying to be a wise-a$$. I'm asking a legit question out of curiosity that I may be possibly be able to get even better battery life than I do now.

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Ok, question. This is normally the battery life I see on 5.0.1 on my 4S right now--so could I say that if/when 5.1 b3 is released(provided it passes the testing) I would see even better battery life then?

And no, I'm not trying to be a wise-a$$. I'm asking a legit question out of curiosity that I may be possibly be able to get even better battery life than I do now.

If you get that now then yes maybe you will see better battery life. For you to get that now is amazing. Anyone I know who has a 4s was lucky to get 4 hours usage. Here I am now with nearly 7 hours usage and 40 hours standby I'm one happy camper.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
If you get that now then yes maybe you will see better battery life. For you to get that now is amazing. Anyone I know who has a 4s was lucky to get 4 hours usage. Here I am now with nearly 7 hours usage and 40 hours standby I'm one happy camper.

Thx shooter. I actually have been fortunate with my battery life-my average is 1day 12-15hrs standby with 8hrs of usage. Because of the stats I get now, I can say I may be reluctant to upgrade when this new iOS does drop for fear of not getting as good as I do now.

Well, I guess when that time comes i'll worry about it then if I'm willing to take the chance to upgrade or not:)

this was one of my posted stats from a couple days ago-I still had 47% left with over a day standby at the time. (iOS 5.0.1 on 4S)
1326050064.png

Last edited:

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Thx shooter. I actually have been fortunate with my battery life-my average is 1day 12-15hrs standby with 8hrs of usage. Because of the stats I get now, I can say I may be reluctant to upgrade when this new iOS does drop for fear of not getting as good as I do now.

Well, I guess when that time comes i'll worry about it then if I'm willing to take the chance to upgrade or not:)

this was one of my posted stats from a couple days ago-I still had 47% left with over a day standby at the time. (iOS 5.0.1 on 4S)
Click to view quoted image

I am curious how you use your phone. I have never gotten that usage amount in two years.

StormJH1

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
Ability to hide apple apps, is this true? Would be a very welcome feature.

Ha, yes, we would all like to hide Newsstand. I'm not so sure that was an oversight by Apple, however, I think they want you to stare at those empty shelves all day and be tempted to fill them. And I probably would if Zinio weren't a better option.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I am curious how you use your phone. I have never gotten that usage amount in two years.

Ok my basic day is- always hooked up to wifi, 3 email accts all fetch hourly, location ON, Siri ON, 1 weather app updates hourly, approx 20 emails a day, txing throughout, 5-10 phone calls a day, lots of playing music, lite Internet surfing. I think I covered everything. (if I missed anything I'll add on) I also am in the habit of closing out my apps mid day and at bedtime.

Today before I set up to charge I was at 27% with 8hr usage & 1day 4hrs standby.

Sent from iPinkks 4S using Tapatalk

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Ok my basic day is- always hooked up to wifi, 3 email accts all fetch hourly, location ON, Siri ON, 1 weather app updates hourly, approx 20 emails a day, txing throughout, 5-10 phone calls a day, lots of playing music, lite Internet surfing. I think I covered everything. (if I missed anything I'll add on) I also am in the habit of closing out my apps mid day and at bedtime.

Today before I set up to charge I was at 27% with 8hr usage & 1day 4hrs standby.

Sent from iPinkks 4S using Tapatalk

I still find it hard to believe, never in my life have any one of my iPhone givin me 8 hours usage. You must have gotten a "special" one.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
rat tat tat, not trying to be a dick but you do know that this is a 5.1 beta thread, right?

according to your avatar info you have 5.0.1, but if you have 5.1 beta installed instead i'll just shut my mouth

nice usage by the way :)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner