iOS 5.1 beta 3 is available

rednocturne307

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
We have seen corrupt backups, failure to be able to restore a device, apps crashing during cleanup - all traced back to this file system corruption.

I saw this bug online and tried it once but immediately removed it from the folder out of fear of it causing issues. Can doing the bug just once like this really do permanent damage? I'm kinda nervous about this now. Or does the problem happen when you try to perform a backup or an update with newsstand currently in a folder?

Timhewitt

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I saw this bug online and tried it once but immediately removed it from the folder out of fear of it causing issues. Can doing the bug just once like this really do permanent damage? I'm kinda nervous about this now. Or does the problem happen when you try to perform a backup or an update with newsstand currently in a folder?

I would not think you would see any problems once the folders are no longer nested, however since no one has actually characterized this bug and what it does to the file system, it's impossible to know for certain.

Shooter03

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
On a side note, I've seen no improvement battery wise, nor anything negative either. Stayed the course, which is mediocre.

really?? well like i said i had 7+ hours of usage but i had yo go out for the day so i had to charge it just outta habit but i will let it go from 100% to nothing and post a pic of my usage and standby times.

very happy indeed with it..

sharky2006

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting about 6 hours usage and about 20 hours standby... thats with fairly heavy usage where as before with beta 2 or 1 I was getting maybe 15 hours standby and 4 hours usage.

B

bonesb

For the first time, I noticed tonight that an iMessage message I'd sent on one iOS device was mirrored to another iOS device.

OTOH, no news on battery life improvements or what Kim Kardashian is up to tonight.

Fatboy71

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
A question for the developers who have installed 5.1 beta 3.

Is the 3G toggle switch on/off shown when 5.1 beta 3 is installed on a iPhone 4S or is it only shown if 5.1 beta 3 is installed on an iPhone 4, or is it shown on both.

The reason I ask is, I've seen it mentioned that it might not be possible to switch 3G off on the 4S, due to the Qualcom chip.

Lenerdosy

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
For the first time, I noticed tonight that an iMessage message I'd sent on one iOS device was mirrored to another iOS device.

OTOH, no news on battery life improvements or what Kim Kardashian is up to tonight.

Nothing on the kardashians? What a useless update.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods