If you get that now then yes maybe you will see better battery life. For you to get that now is amazing. Anyone I know who has a 4s was lucky to get 4 hours usage. Here I am now with nearly 7 hours usage and 40 hours standby I'm one happy camper.

Magically beamed through the internut on my LifeProof'd iPhone using Tapatalk.
    Thx shooter. I actually have been fortunate with my battery life-my average is 1day 12-15hrs standby with 8hrs of usage. Because of the stats I get now, I can say I may be reluctant to upgrade when this new iOS does drop for fear of not getting as good as I do now.

Well, I guess when that time comes i'll worry about it then if I'm willing to take the chance to upgrade or not

this was one of my posted stats from a couple days ago-I still had 47% left with over a day standby at the time. (iOS 5.0.1 on 4S)
    Last edited by Pink; 01-12-2012 at 04:51 PM.
    01-12-2012 04:46 PM
    do anyone know how to unlock iphone 4s? or downgrade 4.11.08 to 4.3.5 on iphone 4?
    01-13-2012 08:01 AM
    Just updated. Haven't seen anything new except 3G switch is back. Modem firmware has had an bump too.
    Is the 3g switch for ATT phones only or does it apply to Verizon's version as well?
    01-13-2012 11:46 AM
    Thx shooter. I actually have been fortunate with my battery life-my average is 1day 12-15hrs standby with 8hrs of usage. Because of the stats I get now, I can say I may be reluctant to upgrade when this new iOS does drop for fear of not getting as good as I do now.

Well, I guess when that time comes i'll worry about it then if I'm willing to take the chance to upgrade or not

this was one of my posted stats from a couple days ago-I still had 47% left with over a day standby at the time. (iOS 5.0.1 on 4S)
    Click to view quoted image
    I am curious how you use your phone. I have never gotten that usage amount in two years.
    01-13-2012 12:36 PM
    Ability to hide apple apps, is this true? Would be a very welcome feature.
    Ha, yes, we would all like to hide Newsstand. I'm not so sure that was an oversight by Apple, however, I think they want you to stare at those empty shelves all day and be tempted to fill them. And I probably would if Zinio weren't a better option.
    01-13-2012 02:39 PM
    I am curious how you use your phone. I have never gotten that usage amount in two years.
    Ok my basic day is- always hooked up to wifi, 3 email accts all fetch hourly, location ON, Siri ON, 1 weather app updates hourly, approx 20 emails a day, txing throughout, 5-10 phone calls a day, lots of playing music, lite Internet surfing. I think I covered everything. (if I missed anything I'll add on) I also am in the habit of closing out my apps mid day and at bedtime.

Today before I set up to charge I was at 27% with 8hr usage & 1day 4hrs standby.

Sent from iPinkks 4S using Tapatalk
    01-13-2012 02:57 PM
    hmmmmmmm.....ok
    01-13-2012 02:59 PM
    Ok my basic day is- always hooked up to wifi, 3 email accts all fetch hourly, location ON, Siri ON, 1 weather app updates hourly, approx 20 emails a day, txing throughout, 5-10 phone calls a day, lots of playing music, lite Internet surfing. I think I covered everything. (if I missed anything I'll add on) I also am in the habit of closing out my apps mid day and at bedtime.

Today before I set up to charge I was at 27% with 8hr usage & 1day 4hrs standby.

I still find it hard to believe, never in my life have any one of my iPhone givin me 8 hours usage. You must have gotten a "special" one.

01-13-2012 03:01 PM
    Here is my shot.

01-13-2012 03:16 PM
    rat tat tat, not trying to be a **** but you do know that this is a 5.1 beta thread, right?

according to your avatar info you have 5.0.1, but if you have 5.1 beta installed instead i'll just shut my mouth

nice usage by the way
    01-13-2012 03:26 PM
    hmmmmmmm.....ok
    I still find it hard to believe, never in my life have any one of my iPhone givin me 8 hours usage. You must have gotten a "special" one.

yep, its for real, no bs and no altercations on the image, no bump charging inbetween either. check the 5.0.1 battery screen shot for the one i posted today. all legit
    http://forums.imore.com/ios-5-forum/...ml#post1835550

i actually consider myself very lucky for the standby/usage times i get
    01-13-2012 04:10 PM
    Very lucky is a understatement. Lol.

ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    01-13-2012 05:13 PM

Pink's battery has been the envy of me for quite a while now lol
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    01-13-2012 05:18 PM

Pink's battery has been the envy of me for quite a while now lol
    :o thanks guys
    01-13-2012 05:20 PM
    Has anyone that is using 5.1 had the issue where the phone isn't at 100% in the am and is now fixed with 5.1?
    01-13-2012 08:57 PM
    Has anyone that is using 5.1 had the issue where the phone isn't at 100% in the am and is now fixed with 5.1?
    What? Like take it off the charger and leave it overnight? If you do that it's completely normal to lose some life. I lose anywhere from 2-6% depending on how many texts/emails I get throughout the night. That's not an OS problem... It's normal behavior for a discharging battery.
    01-13-2012 09:47 PM
    What? Like take it off the charger and leave it overnight? If you do that it's completely normal to lose some life. I lose anywhere from 2-6% depending on how many texts/emails I get throughout the night. That's not an OS problem... It's normal behavior for a discharging battery.
    No while plugged in this is happening
    01-13-2012 11:22 PM

I dont doubt it. I get around 6+ some days in 5.0.1 myself, and the only thing I turn off is wifi because around here 3G is much faster then wifi. Everything else is on, after all I spend all this money on a cell phone to use it, not to cripple it.

Its HIGHLY dependent not on how much I use the phone, but what I do. Like yesterday day I only got around 3 hours, but that I believe was because I was playing a lot of MetalStorm which I do not normally do.

It will be interesting to see when 5.1 hits if people like you actually get any better battery life, or if you stay about the same, and the low end of user comes up a bit closer to you. I suspect that will be the case, but I dont have 5.1... tempted to go get a dev account though just to find out.
    01-14-2012 08:51 AM
    I dont doubt it. I get around 6+ some days in 5.0.1 myself, and the only thing I turn off is wifi because around here 3G is much faster then wifi. Everything else is on, after all I spend all this money on a cell phone to use it, not to cripple it.

Its HIGHLY dependent not on how much I use the phone, but what I do. Like yesterday day I only got around 3 hours, but that I believe was because I was playing a lot of MetalStorm which I do not normally do.

It will be interesting to see when 5.1 hits if people like you actually get any better battery life, or if you stay about the same, and the low end of user comes up a bit closer to you. I suspect that will be the case, but I dont have 5.1... tempted to go get a dev account though just to find out.
    Vydor, I'd have to agree with you here-not how much you do but WHAT you do that has an impact on the battery life. I don't play any games on my 4S at all, although I do have one whole game installed !! LOL !! word search by search star-only time inplay it is when I'm REALLY bored.

I'm interested in hearing when 5.1 is released on battery stats also-but again, because my device is stable, I'll be hesitant to upgrade. Why "fix" what's not "broken" so to speak
    01-14-2012 09:11 AM
    tempted to go get a dev account though just to find out.
    keep in mind, i believe, these betas can typically be loaded with additional software to help monitor other processes which in turn can use more battery than normal

meaning, betas not indicative to the final product
    01-14-2012 09:47 AM
    I'm interested in hearing when 5.1 is released on battery stats also-but again, because my device is stable, I'll be hesitant to upgrade. Why "fix" what's not "broken" so to speak
    Why update? Security fixes. I can't say what's fixed on 5.1 because I simply don't know, but they are always fixing security holes.
    01-14-2012 09:53 AM
    No while plugged in this is happening
    This is your phone allowing the battery to discharge a bit so you don't overcharge the battery... Usually once you've charged the phone all the way you should take it off the charger so you don't overcharge.
    01-14-2012 10:46 AM
    Why update? Security fixes. I can't say what's fixed on 5.1 because I simply don't know, but they are always fixing security holes.
    Yea I completely understand that reasoning, but I'm still gonna be on the fence about updating lol. I don't want to lose the great battery life I get now
    01-14-2012 06:21 PM
    Odds are if you don't have it now you won't plus there are more than security patches in 5.1
    01-14-2012 08:28 PM
    Odds are if you don't have it now you won't plus there are more than security patches in 5.1
    well, i'll wait and see. nothing is being released yet, and when it is--i'll be checking on what is going to be upgraded/patched/etc. etc.
    01-14-2012 08:49 PM
95 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD