Has anyone had to close some apps in the multi-tasking bar/area before some apps will finish opening? For example Facebook. I have opened apps and it seems to stall, then i manually close some apps and then the other app finishes opening or finishes completing its process.
    12-23-2011 01:04 AM
    I've never had that. But I have had it where my phone was freezing and bogging down because of not regularly closing down apps that we're running in the multi task bar... I would like to see apple add a 'close all' feature when trying to shut down multiple apps in the multitask bar.

That is probably my most envied feature of my jail broken counter parts.
    12-23-2011 03:42 AM
    No, I haven't so far.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk.
    12-23-2011 05:23 AM
    I've never had that. But I have had it where my phone was freezing and bogging down because of not regularly closing down apps that we're running in the multi task bar... I would like to see apple add a 'close all' feature when trying to shut down multiple apps in the multitask bar.

That is probably my most envied feature of my jail broken counter parts.
    I never close an application in the application switcher and my phone never slows down..
    12-23-2011 11:49 AM
    I read an article here that you didn't ever have to close down those background apps.

I also read an article here that if your iPhone or iPad is sluggish you may want to close them.

I wasn't having any issues but just closed 32. Just in case. Can't hurt.
    12-23-2011 01:10 PM
    Facebook's app is garbage. Plain and simple. I can't explain the other apps you may have issues with, but for Facebook, it's solely on them.
    noaim likes this.
    12-23-2011 01:50 PM
    I read an article here that you didn't ever have to close down those background apps.

I also read an article here that if your iPhone or iPad is sluggish you may want to close them.

I wasn't having any issues but just closed 32. Just in case. Can't hurt.
    your right its not going to hurt the phone to close them out. I personally just have never seen the need it takes to much time to close them out so I don't bother..
    Last edited by noaim; 12-23-2011 at 03:47 PM.
    12-23-2011 03:44 PM
    i never close apps in the appswitcher, because they close automatically when other apps need the space..
    12-23-2011 08:43 PM
    New to Apple and iPad2.

On the iPad2, how do you know if the apps displaying in the multitask bar are open or are they just displaying because they are the most recent apps that were used?

Most of the time I close each app with the 4 finger gesture but it shows up in the multitask bar along with any app I might not have closed.

TIA
    12-23-2011 11:18 PM
    Found this on a tech2hell website,

"When too many applications run in the background, they slow down the iPhone and use extra power. By closing these extra apps, users can extend the life of their batterys charge and enjoy using a faster device. Background applications pile up on the iPhone because the phone does not completely shut them down after use. Instead, the iPhone keeps applications in an intermediate state so they will quickly start should users wish to return to them."

It makes sense that when this apps are 'suspended" in the background they are using up some of the RAM of the phone. I have seen it myself, my cowrker has a jailbroken iPhone. He has a Ram usage meter running and when he opens the multi task bar and uses another jail break app to shut down all apps running in the background his available RAM will shoot right back up.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    12-23-2011 11:36 PM
    I was always the type to close down my apps in the middle of the day and then at night right before turning in for bed, for both my iPad and iPhone.

Thx for those tips/info you found Kristy Lyn.
    12-24-2011 09:14 AM
    New to Apple and iPad2.

On the iPad2, how do you know if the apps displaying in the multitask bar are open or are they just displaying because they are the most recent apps that were used?

Most of the time I close each app with the 4 finger gesture but it shows up in the multitask bar along with any app I might not have closed.

TIA
    Hey TT. They are displaying because those were the most recent apps you used and are in suspend mode.

:o ok, n00b question, what exactly is the four finger gesture to close an app? Lol. Is it your way of saying double tap home button, hold for wiggle, tap X and click home button again ?
    Last edited by Pink; 12-24-2011 at 09:36 AM.
    TurboTiger likes this.
    12-24-2011 09:16 AM

this made me lol
    12-24-2011 09:20 AM
    I was always the type to close down my apps in the middle of the day and then at night right before turning in for bed, for both my iPad and iPhone.

Thx for those tips/info you found Kristy Lyn.
    My pleasure Pink, anytime! Also the four finger gesture is when you use four fingers in a big to small pinching mode on the screen when the app is open. This will shrink and close the app. Here's a video link to show you how to do it:

12-24-2011 11:03 AM
    My pleasure Pink, anytime! Also the four finger gesture is when you use four fingers in a big to small pinching mode on the screen when the app is open. This will shrink and close the app. Here's a video link to show you how to do it:

Tks for replying to Pink's question before I had a chance. Being a noob myself I'm sure I would have screwed up the explanation.

Happy Holidays to all.
    12-24-2011 10:16 PM
    Tks for replying to Pink's question before I had a chance. Being a noob myself I'm sure I would have screwed up the explanation.

Happy Holidays to all.
    HAHAHA no problem, my pleasure!! You made me chuckle!!
    TurboTiger likes this.
    12-24-2011 10:21 PM
    Hey TT. They are displaying because those were the most recent apps you used and are in suspend mode.

:o ok, n00b question, what exactly is the four finger gesture to close an app? Lol. Is it your way of saying double tap home button, hold for wiggle, tap X and click home button again ?
    Tks for the info Pink,
    By now, you would have read Kristy_Lyn post that answered you question about the 4 finger gesture.
    Good Luck
    12-24-2011 10:27 PM

Thx so much !! That's pretty wicked, lol I just learned something new
    Tks for the info Pink,
    By now, you would have read Kristy_Lyn post that answered you question about the 4 finger gesture.
    Good Luck
    yvw, glad to help out

Merry Christmas to all
    12-25-2011 11:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD