Is there a Wi-Fi sync workaround?

ddthld

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Hey All,

I have an iPad2 with iOS 5.0.1 and was wondering if anyone else is having an issue with the iTunes Wi-Fi sync. It appears that I have everything checked correctly, but it just doesn't seem to work! :(

Does anyone have a solution or a workaround? Using the cable isn't that bad, but WTF I thought that this was one of the benefits of iOS 5!

oklanole

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I have the same issues with my 4s and the wife's. Both are setup properly and the wireless sync option is greyed out on both phones.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
The funny thing is my iPad always shows as connected, and syncs the instant I plug it into a power source. My iPhone...not so much.

hellomiggy

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
My answer would be, when you plug in your iDevice. Let it sync and back up and all that mess, and click the Sync using Wifi. So the box is unchecked and sync again. Close your iTunes and Plug it in again and check the box to sync over Wifi, sync it and see if it works. I notice sometimes it works, try that sometimes it works with a restart. So hopefully it works...

ddthld

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Maybe an answer..at least a partial one!

I was playing around with my computer yesterday and decided to turn off its wifi and just connect the LAN cable. I then opened iTunes and was playing around when I noticed that my iP2 was recognized. I clicked sync and what do ya know it worked.

Then today I unplugged the LAN cable and went back to the wifi connection and it doesn't work!

So now I guess I get to dig around in my wireless settings to see if something might be blocking the connection (firewall?).

Though this might help for others!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2