5.0.1 9A406 (new build number) is out for the iPhone 4S

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
They did something with the new build. I did a full restore last night and this is what I have so far.
I attached a screen shot showing the new build # also
View attachment 12553
View attachment 12554

that looks good !! Pjr, i'm just curious, when you did the restore to get the build406 from iTunes, did you also use your recent back to restore to the phone as well or did you set up as new?

right now i'm on the 405, currently i have usage: 1h 10m with 15h 0m standby and i'm at 85%. this is why idk if i want to restore to get the latest 406, because i'm getting pretty good battery life on 405 right now:)

Last edited:

leharris22

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Hoping 5.1 will be released soon. Don't want to have to restore for this. Seems like an awful lot of work to go to. I love the ease of software updates on iPhone.

Pjr772

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
that looks good !! Pjr, i'm just curious, when you did the restore to get the build406 from iTunes, did you also use your recent back to restore to the phone as well or did you set up as new?

right now i'm on the 405, currently i have usage: 1h 10m with 15h 0m standby and i'm at 85%. this is why idk if i want to restore to get the latest 406, because i'm getting pretty good battery life on 405 right now:)

I restored from an iTunes back up I did right before I did the actual restore. Figured I would try it from a restore first and if it made no difference I would do a restore over the weekend and set up as new. I'll post a screen shot when the battery is almost dead

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
From what I understand, PRL is a setting that tells your phone which towers to use when roaming. Something to that affect. Preferred roaming list.

Now it'd be nice to know what the PRL is for someone on the old 5.0.1.

ghost, I'm on the 405build and my PRL is the same 52644.

Verizon just put out this update for the PRL last week sometime, around 12/8 (?).

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I restored from an iTunes back up I did right before I did the actual restore. Figured I would try it from a restore first and if it made no difference I would do a restore over the weekend and set up as new. I'll post a screen shot when the battery is almost dead

Ok thanks for clarifying that Pjr. I'd be interested in what your usage/standby will be also when you get down to 10% or so.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
When can this be available for automatic update? Dont want to restore, want to use the software update on my 4s :confused::confused:

Again, it's not going to be pushed out. You have to restore to get the latest version since the changes are very very very very very very minor.

mmathai77

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Any BETA battery life is going to be worse, then Final build. Doesn't apple put a diagnostic data layer on the Beta builds to check for crashes and report it?

Which is running in the background and will kill battery?

Correct me if I'm wrong.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Any BETA battery life is going to be worse, then Final build. Doesn't apple put a diagnostic data layer on the Beta builds to check for crashes and report it?

Which is running in the background and will kill battery?

Correct me if I'm wrong.

i believe you are correct. also, isn't there an unsaid rule that people using beta software should not be complaining about it either? (not saying you are)

correct me if i am wrong..

bezoar1340

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Just checked my phone. Seems I got the download applied automatically. I guess the iCloud is responsible. No difference in the phone so far.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen