that looks good !! Pjr, i'm just curious, when you did the restore to get the build406 from iTunes, did you also use your recent back to restore to the phone as well or did you set up as new?

right now i'm on the 405, currently i have usage: 1h 10m with 15h 0m standby and i'm at 85%. this is why idk if i want to restore to get the latest 406, because i'm getting pretty good battery life on 405 right now
    I restored from an iTunes back up I did right before I did the actual restore. Figured I would try it from a restore first and if it made no difference I would do a restore over the weekend and set up as new. I'll post a screen shot when the battery is almost dead
    12-16-2011 10:11 AM
    Here ya go. I'm not a tech guy at all. What does all that mean?

Attachment 12560
    From what I understand, PRL is a setting that tells your phone which towers to use when roaming. Something to that affect. Preferred roaming list.

Now it'd be nice to know what the PRL is for someone on the old 5.0.1.
    12-16-2011 10:14 AM
    When can this be available for automatic update? Dont want to restore, want to use the software update on my 4s
    12-16-2011 10:50 AM
    From what I understand, PRL is a setting that tells your phone which towers to use when roaming. Something to that affect. Preferred roaming list.

Now it'd be nice to know what the PRL is for someone on the old 5.0.1.
    ghost, I'm on the 405build and my PRL is the same 52644.

Verizon just put out this update for the PRL last week sometime, around 12/8 (?).
    12-16-2011 11:09 AM
    I restored from an iTunes back up I did right before I did the actual restore. Figured I would try it from a restore first and if it made no difference I would do a restore over the weekend and set up as new. I'll post a screen shot when the battery is almost dead
    Ok thanks for clarifying that Pjr. I'd be interested in what your usage/standby will be also when you get down to 10% or so.
    12-16-2011 11:12 AM
    When can this be available for automatic update? Dont want to restore, want to use the software update on my 4s
    Again, it's not going to be pushed out. You have to restore to get the latest version since the changes are very very very very very very minor.
    12-16-2011 11:14 AM
    Again, it's not going to be pushed out. You have to restore to get the latest version since the changes are very very very very very very minor.
    Battery improvements are minor?
    12-16-2011 11:25 AM
    not related to the topic, but this is my battery life on 5.1 b2....:'(
    12-16-2011 11:26 AM
    Battery improvements are minor?
    Who said anything about battery improvements? Where is the change log that shows that? A read me file? Or are you just guessing? The only difference people have noticed is a baseband update and a change to Siri.
    12-16-2011 12:27 PM
    Any BETA battery life is going to be worse, then Final build. Doesn't apple put a diagnostic data layer on the Beta builds to check for crashes and report it?

Which is running in the background and will kill battery?

Correct me if I'm wrong.
    12-16-2011 01:46 PM
    Any BETA battery life is going to be worse, then Final build. Doesn't apple put a diagnostic data layer on the Beta builds to check for crashes and report it?

Which is running in the background and will kill battery?

Correct me if I'm wrong.
    i believe you are correct. also, isn't there an unsaid rule that people using beta software should not be complaining about it either? (not saying you are)

correct me if i am wrong..
    12-16-2011 02:12 PM
    i believe you are correct. also, isn't there an unsaid rule that people using beta software should not be complaining about it either? (not saying you are)

correct me if i am wrong..
    You would be correct.
    12-16-2011 03:25 PM
    Awwww.....thanks. I do my best.
    Awww.. I know you do.. Silly !!!
    12-16-2011 03:33 PM
    I will look for improvements, I'm syncing music at the moment, tomorrow I will post some screenshots.
    12-16-2011 06:05 PM
    Just checked my phone. Seems I got the download applied automatically. I guess the iCloud is responsible. No difference in the phone so far.
    12-16-2011 07:26 PM
    AppleInsider | New iOS build meant to fix iPhone 4S SIM card issues
    Nothing mentioned about battery life. I don't have any SIM card errors, so I am skipping this one.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    12-16-2011 11:04 PM
    Is iOS 5.0.2 even gonna come out?
    12-17-2011 01:33 AM
    Is iOS 5.0.2 even gonna come out?
    I think Apple is just going to make a jump from 5.0.1 to 5.1.
    Unless they address that iMessage issue, then a 5.0.2 update may seem likely
    12-17-2011 02:36 AM
    Ok thanks for clarifying that Pjr. I'd be interested in what your usage/standby will be also when you get down to 10% or so.
    Not quite down to 10% but I am leaving for the day shortly and want to charge it up. Should be noted that about 95% of the time wi-fi is off because I am on the move and there is none available unless I am home. Maybe a coincidence that i got this kind of battery life after the restore to the new build number but this is the best battery life I have gotten since I got my first 4s on launch day and better than the other two 4's in my house. If this stays consistent I'll be more than happy

Attachment 12587
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    12-17-2011 09:05 AM
    AppleInsider | New iOS build meant to fix iPhone 4S SIM card issues
    Nothing mentioned about battery life. I don't have any SIM card errors, so I am skipping this one.
    i read about this also for this build 406. I'm gonna pass on it as well.
    Not quite down to 10% but I am leaving for the day shortly and want to charge it up. Should be noted that about 95% of the time wi-fi is off because I am on the move and there is none available unless I am home. Maybe a coincidence that i got this kind of battery life after the restore to the new build number but this is the best battery life I have gotten since I got my first 4s on launch day and better than the other two 4's in my house. If this stays consistent I'll be more than happy

Attachment 12587
    Well, glad the restore to 406 iseems to be doing well for you, Pjr !! The usage/standby ss you have posted is what i normally get, so like i've mentioned about, i'm passing on this restore because from what i understand it focused on the whole sim card read error etc. and i dont use a sim
    12-17-2011 09:36 AM
    Awwww.....thanks. I do my best.
    Wow i have noticed you a lot around the forums, posting extremely unnecessary posts to other forums members. Do you get off being belligerent? Why don't you keep your ridiculous comments to your self, unless it actually supports or helps with the topic at hand. And if you feel like you need to get in a comment battle with me, I am more than happy to oblige.
    12-17-2011 12:20 PM
    Regardless, I updated to the 9A406 tonight. Some places say it offers up a battery fix, others say it does not. Regardless, it seems to be doing about the same, so the difference is negligible. I have to say that restoring the phone is not a big deal at all-unlike doing a system reset on the Droid. The backup/update/reinstall took less time than I thought it would, and all my phone is back to normal. Love it!
    FendrGuitPlayr likes this.
    12-17-2011 11:08 PM
    I finally upgraded to 5.0.1 9A406 build on Dec 23 without issues.

I have noticed better battery life.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    12-30-2011 03:21 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD