What does your iphone do that pisses you off?

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I'd say the most irritating things for me are the fact that I get a lot of those "message failed, try again" errors with both iMessage and SMS. It seems more common when the phone appears to be receiving one simultaneously. But it's becoming really obnoxious.

I also despise the fact that I cannot put Newsstand in a folder.

lawls

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
If you don't use it then there is a a way to put it in a folder, you just have to create a new folder and as soon as it starts you drag newsstand in. takes a couple tries. if you use newsstand though it wont work, it will pop right out when you tap it.

Nanci

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm frustrated that I lost Google Voice in the move from 3GS to 4S. I had kept my own number.

I think my major annoyance is not being able to batch delete all items in the Reminders Completed list at one time. I use Reminders all the time, for groceries, location-based, set by Siri- all the time. So I have a lot to delete, too.

cocochannel

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
Other things that annoy me:

- Alarm dont delete themselves after dismissed. Like I tell siri wake me up in 1 hour and such. I just opened the alarm app and i have like 30 alarms under the off switch sitting there.

- When I update/download apps it takes me to the home screen. Id like to just stay on the app store while the phone is doing its thing

SirSupernice

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
while charging my iPhone 4, the touchscreen is buggy..
it wiggles if i hold something..
very hard to type..
i think its not a software issue, because it was in 4.1.2, 4.3.3, 5.0 and 5.0.1

Zaft

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I think this is a bug in ios5. The weather widget in notifications will sometimes either not update or show a moon when it's day outside...

MarkieT

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
while charging my iPhone 4, the touchscreen is buggy..
it wiggles if i hold something..
very hard to type..
i think its not a software issue, because it was in 4.1.2, 4.3.3, 5.0 and 5.0.1

Hi,

Not sure if this helps, but have you tried a different charger? I've had this happen before and it was the charger causing the what looks like a fault.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
ok, idk if anyone has mentioned this one--but when i set a calendar appt. while setting it one day a few weeks back, i didn't realize the 'alert tone' is set to 'none' by default and you have to go in and change that -- ie. at time of event, 5 mins before, 15 mins before etc. Well, i realized it that day when my appt didn't go off an was wondering what was wrong with my phone.....turns out the 'alert' wasnt set for one of those choices.

so why cant this be something that is set ON at "time of event" by default and if you want to change it you can access that menu to do so ??

that one is just a little frustrating to me.

MarkieT

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
ok, idk if anyone has mentioned this one--but when i set a calendar appt. while setting it one day a few weeks back, i didn't realize the 'alert tone' is set to 'none' by default and you have to go in and change that -- ie. at time of event, 5 mins before, 15 mins before etc. Well, i realized it that day when my appt didn't go off an was wondering what was wrong with my phone.....turns out the 'alert' wasnt set for one of those choices.

so why cant this be something that is set ON at "time of event" by default and if you want to change it you can access that menu to do so ??

that one is just a little frustrating to me.

Hi, not sure if this helps, but if you goto:

Settings
Mail, Contacts, Calendars

Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and then under:

Default Alert Times

This is where you can set when you want it to alert you whenever you setup a Calendar event.

Hope that helps.

:)

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Hi, not sure if this helps, but if you goto:

Settings
Mail, Contacts, Calendars

Scroll down to the bottom of the page, and then under:

Default Alert Times

This is where you can set when you want it to alert you whenever you setup a Calendar event.

Hope that helps.

:)

:Dthank you Markie !! lol, dont i feel SUPER silly now for not seeing this option:eek: LOL.

:)ok, well that will solve my problem then when i set a calendar event now;) thanks again !!

Reactions: nyc_rock

MarkieT

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
:Dthank you Markie !! lol, dont i feel SUPER silly now for not seeing this option:eek: LOL.

:)ok, well that will solve my problem then when i set a calendar event now;) thanks again !!

LoL, glad I could help :)

Tbh I've had an iPhone for just over 2 years now, and only noticed the option for the Calendar a couple of months ago myself ;)

MarkieT

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Lol, ok then i dont feel so bad. i came from a bb of over 4yrs user and switched to my 4S this Nov. :) i love this thing !!

Never used a BB myself, but from what I've seen, much prefer the iPhone :) but I'm sure there at BB users out there who will disagree with me. ;)

saynt j

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
The fact that I have to move out of a text conversation to get rid of the keyboard. Absolutely hate that.

Tap and drag your finger down from the conversation towards the keyboard. Drag through the keyboard and it will scroll down and out of view.

Reactions: Keen

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR