What does your iphone do that pisses you off?

LLGolf01

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Battery not always fully charging

My new iPhone 4S seems to have a weird issue. When I plug the phone in to charge it will charge to 100% and then slowly drain down while it is still plugged in. he lightning bolt icon changes to a plug and drains down to 90% or so. I have restored the iphone as a new one, even had the Genius Bar give me a new iphone and am still having the problem. Driving me crazy. Just came over from Android and left because I thought Apple products didn't have as many quirks and issues. Any thoughts? Here is a link to the Apple Forum that talks about it. I can't seems to get any other answers from Apple Care other than to trade in and get me a new phone.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3407164?tstart=0

saisusr

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
i use bluetooth, personal hotspot a lot and its annoying to drill down to get to these settings often:(
a single touch option (swipe/click or press) to select all e-mail messages at one stroke
instead of pressing edit, then select individual mails
better handling of photostream for selective uploads/downloads:)

bouynxdor

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
Coming from BB

I adore my iPhone and am so glad i switched but there are definitely things that are counter-intuitive on the iPhone. It takes three clicks (edit, delete, delete) to get rid of a calendar event. When you set up a calendar event, you can't put a cursor on a time so that the event starts then. I wish you can pull in a contact information in to an email that's already created instead of only sending a contact to a new email. Blackberry definitely handles right-click technology better than iPhone. All in all though, i do love my choice ;)

rewNATION

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
my lock screen glitches every once in a while and goes black when I try to look at it. There are quite a few things about the phone that annoy me but I'm not gonna make a list

munchkinsdad

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
It annoys me that when I need to send a text/iMessage, I have to heit home button, go to messages, hit messages to get out of last text message sent, hit name of person I want to text, or worse, look them up in contacts, hit field area so that I CAN text and THEN I can finally start typing....sheesh!

Oh wait...can't SIRI do that??

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
It annoys me that when I need to send a text/iMessage, I have to heit home button, go to messages, hit messages to get out of last text message sent, hit name of person I want to text, or worse, look them up in contacts, hit field area so that I CAN text and THEN I can finally start typing....sheesh!

Oh wait...can't SIRI do that??

yes, you can tell siri to create new text message. But...idk am i missing something here? to create a new tx/imessage, all you have to do is open your tx msg app and in the top right, click the box to create a new tx/imessage. it will give you a blank msg--you just need to pick the contact.

BizarreFoodie

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
Dunno about "pissed off" but they did away with autocorrect in the search bar. I've found this to be really useful in some instances, but other times it can be an annoyance (especially when you're searching for something which you only vaguely know how to spell, like scientific names for long extinct critters, et cetera).

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Dunno about "pissed off" but they did away with autocorrect in the search bar. I've found this to be really useful in some instances, but other times it can be an annoyance (especially when you're searching for something which you only vaguely know how to spell, like scientific names for long extinct critters, et cetera).

LOL ! now how often do you see a comment like that one !! and no, Bizarre, i'm not picking on you--i took your post sincerely because some people just may have to search that. i LOL'd because if i had to search something like that, i'd completely screw it up !!

munchkinsdad

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
yes, you can tell siri to create new text message. But...idk am i missing something here? to create a new tx/imessage, all you have to do is open your tx msg app and in the top right, click the box to create a new tx/imessage. it will give you a blank msg--you just need to pick the contact.

That is true if you go into messages and your not already in an active conversation. But that's rarely the case. I send a message and go back to other things and the last conversation stays open. It doesn't default back to main message area.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
That is true if you go into messages and your not already in an active conversation. But that's rarely the case. I send a message and go back to other things and the last conversation stays open. It doesn't default back to main message area.

:) oh ok, i see what your trying to say now. Even when i'm in an active convo, i always back out completely to where it shows my list of contacts/convos and then i hit my home button--this way when i go back into messages i can just go to the top right for that new box if need be, OR scroll down to an active contact/convo and go from there.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Are you for real with this :rolleyes: any camera needs a second or two to open.

Try using the cam app on a bb 9650. Trust me I had one and it took a lot longer just to open to be ready to use. The camera on the iPhone is quick very pleasant to use.

I'd be willing to bet that the iPhone 4s camera is the fastest camera on a phone out there period.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I'd be willing to bet that the iPhone 4s camera is the fastest camera on a phone out there period.

Fastest, and best quality. I stopped carrying a camera around with me 90% of the time now. Just use my iPhone, unless I need something nice, or needs to get some crazy zoom then i take my SLR.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

I'd have to agree with you there noaim. I've had a lot of phones myself and none of them even came close to opening up as quick as the 4S does or have as good quality as it does.

Fastest, and best quality. I stopped carrying a camera around with me 90% of the time now. Just use my iPhone, unless I need something nice, or needs to get some crazy zoom then i take my SLR.
I don't have a secondary camera like you've mentioned E, but I can say as good quality as the 4S camera is, I've knocked asking for a "good" digital one off of my Christmas list because I'm extemely pleased with the 4S.

E_Brown

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I don't have a secondary camera like you've mentioned E, but I can say as good quality as the 4S camera is, I've knocked asking for a "good" digital one off of my Christmas list because I'm extemely pleased with the 4S.

I think a lot of people have done the same thing. If phone cameras stay this good, or get better, I have a feeling the Camera market would pretty much drop off. I wouldn't say the will become extinct, because you will always have professionals that need the high end cameras, and some people really like having an actual camera. But I really could see the market lose a lot of ground.

sofryj

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Nothing on this phone irritates me more than Siri. It's like she's actually managed to get dumber as time gets on.....even the most basic commands she used to understand with ease, she now botches. I've stopped using Siri for the most part. I also don't like the 20MB size limit on 3G downloads. I'm a big boy and can handle monitoring my data usage. A simple warning would be nice, not blocking me. :mad:

sofryj

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
The " shake to undo typing" thing, I hate it, I've never used it and it cant be disabled...

Haha....I didn't know this was a feature. My luck I'll go to shake to undo and accidentally hit send or post and send some embarassing half a post somewhere.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73