What does your iphone do that pisses you off?

jon01

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
when i go to the app store and go to updates it doesnt load. i have to double-tap and minus the app store to get it to work again.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
what does my iPhone do that pisses me off??

it makes me want to pick it up and fiddle with it for hours on end. almost like it calls my name when it does not get used after 5-10 min--

"BLiNK, come pick me up. you know you want to. just do it. do it-do it-do it..."

emirozmen

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I don't have an iPhone but my iPad and my friends iPhone's show YouTube videos (official youtube app) in low quality when on 3G. At least give us an option dude!

anon(4742778)

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
In other words what behaviors you find to be inconvenient. Trying to gather a list of things that apple could just read and hopefully fix in a firmware update.

So I'll start:

- When in the text message app, if you click a link, it directs you to safari but when you come back to messages it does not go back to the last message you were reading, it takes you all the way to the bottom. So if like me you getting tweets via text you need to scroll back up and find out which text was the last one you were reading.

- This one is a bug that started with ios 5.0.1. When listening to music, when I double click the home button to get to the controls, they are not responsive.So I have to type the password every time I'm trying to skip a track to go back to the full app. Very annoying especially when I'm running.

- on the new notification center, once you click on a notification, you get re-directed to the appropriate app... but the notification still stays in the list. You have to go back there again and click the x yourself. + I find it stupid to have to click twice to get rid of stuff. (First you gotta click on that small "x" and aim correctly then you gotta click "clear". It should just be "clear" . A 3 steps process... crazy

- notifications coming on top need a visual when swiping them out. To get rid of it, you have to swipe left but there is no visual so it feels frustrating. The bar should follow the finger as you swipe it out. And we should be able to swipe it left or right.

- i wish there were pictures next to the text messages.

- To call someone from a text message you have to scroll alll the way up to get to the call sign. They should add a direct link on top or make the texts go all the way up by itself when clicking the name.

- wi-fi sync doesnt seem to update everything. It updates some stuff but it looks like I have to plug the cable for everything to sync properly.

- siri is super dumb. Also I wish we had options as far as voices.

- i find it too complicated to turn on/off vibrate. They should have a switch on the new notification center. (Along with turn off/on wifi/bluetooth and data)

Besides all that I still love my iphone!
Rattle when shaken. Other than that I like it.

jobosumm

May 3, 2011
Visit site
what does my iPhone do that pisses me off??

it makes me want to pick it up and fiddle with it for hours on end. almost like it calls my name when it does not get used after 5-10 min--

"BLiNK, come pick me up. you know you want to. just do it. do it-do it-do it..."

LOL :) I agree...

ketz

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Home button sometimes takes a couple of attempts for it to work :/ does anyone know a fix for this? However it's probably general wear and tear..

anon(814679)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Yes you are correct. However I said NEWSSTAND, not iBooks.

Yes, I know that you were primarily talking about Newsstand, but in that quote you also mentioned iBooks as part of a folder of bundled apps you don't use but can't get rid of. If that's the case, why not delete iBooks?

Last edited:

xtremeled

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
The flashing LED on the front of the phone doesn't work. Oh wait, Apple hasn't figured out how to do that yet.
The only thing I cant stand about the phone

zm976311

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I know that you were primarily talking about Newsstand, but in that quote you also mentioned iBooks as part of a folder of bundled apps you don't use but can't get rid of. If that's the case, why not delete iBooks?
He was saying he wants to be able to put Newsstand into a folder since he doesn't use it... like he did with iBooks. You can't delete Newsstand or put it in a folder at this time.

anon(814679)

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
He was saying he wants to be able to put Newsstand into a folder since he doesn't use it... like he did with iBooks. You can't delete Newsstand or put it in a folder at this time.

Again, I know all of that. I'm well aware that Newsstand can't be hidden or put into a folder. I absolutely understand what he is saying about Newsstand (which is his main point). What I'm responding to is a detail he mentioned that was not his main point.

The side detail I'm referring to is that he is treating iBooks like an unused app that he can't delete (grouping it with Weather, Stocks, etc in an "unused apps" folder). The iBooks app is not like the other apps in that folder. It can be deleted. He can't get rid of Newstand or the other apps, but he can get rid of iBooks. So why hasn't he? I don't know how I can make this any clearer.

JonB74

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
iBooks isn't built in. It's an app store app you added, so you can remove it.

Again, I know all of that. I'm well aware that Newsstand can't be hidden or put into a folder. I absolutely understand what he is saying about Newsstand (which is his main point). What I'm responding to is a detail he mentioned that was not his main point.

The side detail I'm referring to is that he is treating iBooks like an unused app that he can't delete (grouping it with Weather, Stocks, etc in an "unused apps" folder). The iBooks app is not like the other apps in that folder. It can be deleted. He can't get rid of Newstand or the other apps, but he can get rid of iBooks. So why hasn't he? I don't know how I can make this any clearer.

Simple answer - iBooks is something I purposely added therefore want to keep. I realize I can delete it whenever I want.

Newsstand is built in and something I do not use, therefore want to hide it along with the stock weather app, Stocks.

Superjudge

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Yes I know some of these have jailbreak solutions but I'm only referring to stock iOS.

-no led message light

-no quick access to settings like wifi/Bluetooth/airplane mode/brightness. Why can't they just have a settings widget in the notification center.

-no Facebook integration

-Can we get with modern times and be able to swipe between months in the calendar app.

-being able to attach a photo or even multiple photos within the email app would be a nice touch and be in line with what every mobile OS new, old, and extinct can do.

-the auto save of whatever was typed into your web search or YouTube search is annoying. I hate having to clear out of something you already did to start something new.

-multitasking is workable but not necessarily effective.

Yes I do happen to like my iPhone by the way.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice