lately iMessage has been picking and choosing when it wants to work-even when the message doesn't go through I still get the 'delivered' on my end. smfh. Ugh !!

It doesn't happen a lot, but frustrating When it does!!

Sent from iPinkks 4S using Tapatalk
    01-11-2012 12:06 PM
    Sometimes, when I wake up my phone and try to 'Slide to Unlock', it will only alllow me to go halfway and then the arrow jumps back to the left. I will have to hit the sleep/wake button again, and wake the phone back up to 'Slide to Unlock'. Am I the only one with this problem?
    01-15-2012 09:17 PM
    It bothers me when I am typing a message and I want to go back to change something in the middle of a word, and I can't just tap where I want the cursor to go without is selecting the entire word. A minor thing but to me it is quite annoying.

Unless there is some way to do it that I have missed....which is entirely possible. ha
    01-18-2012 01:05 AM
    It bothers me when I am typing a message and I want to go back to change something in the middle of a word, and I can't just tap where I want the cursor to go without is selecting the entire word. A minor thing but to me it is quite annoying.

Unless there is some way to do it that I have missed....which is entirely possible. ha
    Idk if you've tried this, but if you hold your finger on the text, a magnifier pops up and you can move the curser where ever you need it.
    01-18-2012 09:07 AM
    While I am in an app and double click the home button to see and close other running apps I should be able to see the app currently running and close it if I want to. Instead I have to minimize the app and double click home again and close it from there.

Folders should close after I select an app this should not be something I have to jailbreak to accomplish. Same goes for the phone app as well.

Adding custom ringtones/notifications is a PITA. This is something I should be able to accomplish on the phone itself.

I should not have to lombotomize a phone in order to get the battery to last.

Accessibility options are not "accessable" if you need more than 4 clicks to get to them.

There are more but a majority of them have been answerd in the previous pages.
    01-19-2012 10:34 AM
    The mail app pisses me off all the time. On a thread with frequent replies, or graphs, the text is so small I have to zoom in and the pan back and forth to read the email. Dont understand why apple hasnt figured this out yet. Just make the text the same size regardless of what is in the body of the email. What really pisses me off is that sometimes it does reformat the text so you can read it, other times it doesnt.
    01-20-2012 08:28 AM
    Does not have phone call dialing by name like the Android phones have always had. Having to open and search the address book is an unnecessary waste of time and VERY ANNOYING
    Use spotlight search. Swipe left at the home screen and start typing.
    01-20-2012 08:38 AM
    1) can't save mp3's out of email
    2) Adding ringtones is a hassle
    3) No sound profiles (ie mute everything but phone calls at night)
    4) No Travel apps that write to the main calendar that can then sync back to Outlook/Exchange server (this one really surprised me since other mobile platforms have been doing it for years)
    5) silly 'bubbles' for text messaging. Would like the option to have this in just lines instead of the cartoon bubbles
    6) no toggles to easily turn on/off wifi/bluetooth/etc without digging into the settings. I realize you can get this with jailbreak, but my iphone is corporate issued and they shut off the Exchange sync if you jailbreak
    7) Can't hide the Newstand icon anywhere - I want to dump it into a folder with stocks, weather, ibooks, and all the other built in crapware that I don't use.

I'm sure there's more, but those are the things I have found after 2 weeks with an iphone.
    01-21-2012 10:46 PM
    I switched from Windows Phone to an iPhone 4 yesterday, but have had an iPod Touch 4th gen for a while. Something that absolutely drives me nuts is the browser address bar. It is so far behind Windows Phone's its ridiculous. My complaints are as follows: 1. Having a separate search and url section is just silly. Joint the modern browser era and switch to a unified bar that handles both. 2. You can't scroll back in the URL bar. For example you are on city.craigslist.org/search/mda=123595746.html and want to search for the same thing in a different city, say city2. In Windows Phone you simply swipe the URL and it scrolls to the beginning, select the text you want to change and done. In iOS, you have to select text then drag the text selector to the beginning then select the text you want to change (city.craigslist... to city2.craigslist...). It honestly takes me 2 to 3 times longer to edit a URL in iOS as it did in Windows Phone. To most, this may seem a minor complaint, but I do this on multiple sites and do it frequently throughout the day, so it has become a major pain.

Another is that the weather icon is always 73 and Sunny. In Windows Phone, using live tiles instead of icons (they are sort of an icon widget hybrid, or instead of putting a badge on an icon, it simply modifies the icon) the icon changes to reflect the actual weather. You don't have to open an app, swipe to a notification area, or anything. I kept the weather tile at the top of my homescreen so all I had to do was unlock my phone and bam, weather.

So far those are my two biggest complaints.
    cocochannel likes this.
    01-22-2012 12:40 AM
    My home button has become very unresponsive. Takes me many presses to get it to exit an app and getting a double press to enter the apps running bar is now impossible

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    01-22-2012 09:12 AM
    when i go to the app store and go to updates it doesnt load. i have to double-tap and minus the app store to get it to work again.
    01-23-2012 12:49 PM
    what does my iPhone do that pisses me off??

it makes me want to pick it up and fiddle with it for hours on end. almost like it calls my name when it does not get used after 5-10 min--

"BLiNK, come pick me up. you know you want to. just do it. do it-do it-do it..."
    _heatherly likes this.
    01-23-2012 09:49 PM
    I'm pretty happy with everything but not being able to hide news stand
    01-24-2012 11:32 AM
    I don't have an iPhone but my iPad and my friends iPhone's show YouTube videos (official youtube app) in low quality when on 3G. At least give us an option dude!
    01-25-2012 02:20 AM
    In other words what behaviors you find to be inconvenient. Trying to gather a list of things that apple could just read and hopefully fix in a firmware update.

So I'll start:

- When in the text message app, if you click a link, it directs you to safari but when you come back to messages it does not go back to the last message you were reading, it takes you all the way to the bottom. So if like me you getting tweets via text you need to scroll back up and find out which text was the last one you were reading.

- This one is a bug that started with ios 5.0.1. When listening to music, when I double click the home button to get to the controls, they are not responsive.So I have to type the password every time I'm trying to skip a track to go back to the full app. Very annoying especially when I'm running.

- on the new notification center, once you click on a notification, you get re-directed to the appropriate app... but the notification still stays in the list. You have to go back there again and click the x yourself. + I find it stupid to have to click twice to get rid of stuff. (First you gotta click on that small "x" and aim correctly then you gotta click "clear". It should just be "clear" . A 3 steps process... crazy

- notifications coming on top need a visual when swiping them out. To get rid of it, you have to swipe left but there is no visual so it feels frustrating. The bar should follow the finger as you swipe it out. And we should be able to swipe it left or right.

- i wish there were pictures next to the text messages.

- To call someone from a text message you have to scroll alll the way up to get to the call sign. They should add a direct link on top or make the texts go all the way up by itself when clicking the name.

- wi-fi sync doesnt seem to update everything. It updates some stuff but it looks like I have to plug the cable for everything to sync properly.

- siri is super dumb. Also I wish we had options as far as voices.

- i find it too complicated to turn on/off vibrate. They should have a switch on the new notification center. (Along with turn off/on wifi/bluetooth and data)

Besides all that I still love my iphone!
    Rattle when shaken. Other than that I like it.
    01-26-2012 09:02 AM
    what does my iPhone do that pisses me off??

it makes me want to pick it up and fiddle with it for hours on end. almost like it calls my name when it does not get used after 5-10 min--

"BLiNK, come pick me up. you know you want to. just do it. do it-do it-do it..."
    LOL I agree...
    01-26-2012 10:30 AM
    ......my 4S didn't make me coffee this morning......ugh !!
    01-26-2012 01:04 PM
    Home button sometimes takes a couple of attempts for it to work :/ does anyone know a fix for this? However it's probably general wear and tear..
    01-26-2012 06:29 PM
    7) Can't hide the Newstand icon anywhere - I want to dump it into a folder with stocks, weather, ibooks, and all the other built in crapware that I don't use.
    iBooks isn't built in. It's an app store app you added, so you can remove it.
    01-27-2012 11:10 AM
    Yes you are correct. However I said NEWSSTAND, not iBooks.
    01-27-2012 04:57 PM
    Yes you are correct. However I said NEWSSTAND, not iBooks.
    Yes, I know that you were primarily talking about Newsstand, but in that quote you also mentioned iBooks as part of a folder of bundled apps you don't use but can't get rid of. If that's the case, why not delete iBooks?
    Last edited by Slinkwyde; 01-27-2012 at 06:56 PM.
    01-27-2012 06:52 PM
    The flashing LED on the front of the phone doesn't work. Oh wait, Apple hasn't figured out how to do that yet.
    The only thing I cant stand about the phone
    01-28-2012 02:43 PM
    Yes, I know that you were primarily talking about Newsstand, but in that quote you also mentioned iBooks as part of a folder of bundled apps you don't use but can't get rid of. If that's the case, why not delete iBooks?
    He was saying he wants to be able to put Newsstand into a folder since he doesn't use it... like he did with iBooks. You can't delete Newsstand or put it in a folder at this time.
    01-29-2012 01:44 AM
    He was saying he wants to be able to put Newsstand into a folder since he doesn't use it... like he did with iBooks. You can't delete Newsstand or put it in a folder at this time.
    Again, I know all of that. I'm well aware that Newsstand can't be hidden or put into a folder. I absolutely understand what he is saying about Newsstand (which is his main point). What I'm responding to is a detail he mentioned that was not his main point.

The side detail I'm referring to is that he is treating iBooks like an unused app that he can't delete (grouping it with Weather, Stocks, etc in an "unused apps" folder). The iBooks app is not like the other apps in that folder. It can be deleted. He can't get rid of Newstand or the other apps, but he can get rid of iBooks. So why hasn't he? I don't know how I can make this any clearer.
    01-29-2012 03:33 AM
    Again, I know all of that. I'm well aware that Newsstand can't be hidden or put into a folder. I absolutely understand what he is saying about Newsstand (which is his main point). What I'm responding to is a detail he mentioned that was not his main point.

The side detail I'm referring to is that he is treating iBooks like an unused app that he can't delete (grouping it with Weather, Stocks, etc in an "unused apps" folder). The iBooks app is not like the other apps in that folder. It can be deleted. He can't get rid of Newstand or the other apps, but he can get rid of iBooks. So why hasn't he? I don't know how I can make this any clearer.
    Simple answer - iBooks is something I purposely added therefore want to keep. I realize I can delete it whenever I want.

Newsstand is built in and something I do not use, therefore want to hide it along with the stock weather app, Stocks.
    01-30-2012 02:30 PM
223 ... 56789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD