That is true if you go into messages and your not already in an active conversation. But that's rarely the case. I send a message and go back to other things and the last conversation stays open. It doesn't default back to main message area.
    oh ok, i see what your trying to say now. Even when i'm in an active convo, i always back out completely to where it shows my list of contacts/convos and then i hit my home button--this way when i go back into messages i can just go to the top right for that new box if need be, OR scroll down to an active contact/convo and go from there.
    12-16-2011 09:54 AM
    Takes 2-3 seconds to get the camera ready....
    12-16-2011 11:47 AM
    But to be honest with that response, how long would it take a regular camera to load up?

You get those welcome signs and what not.
    12-16-2011 12:03 PM
    Are you for real with this any camera needs a second or two to open.

Try using the cam app on a bb 9650. Trust me I had one and it took a lot longer just to open to be ready to use. The camera on the iPhone is quick very pleasant to use.
    12-16-2011 01:10 PM
    Are you for real with this any camera needs a second or two to open.

Try using the cam app on a bb 9650. Trust me I had one and it took a lot longer just to open to be ready to use. The camera on the iPhone is quick very pleasant to use.
    I'd be willing to bet that the iPhone 4s camera is the fastest camera on a phone out there period.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    rich67 likes this.
    12-16-2011 01:58 PM
    I'd be willing to bet that the iPhone 4s camera is the fastest camera on a phone out there period.

Fastest, and best quality. I stopped carrying a camera around with me 90% of the time now. Just use my iPhone, unless I need something nice, or needs to get some crazy zoom then i take my SLR.
    12-16-2011 02:04 PM

I'd have to agree with you there noaim. I've had a lot of phones myself and none of them even came close to opening up as quick as the 4S does or have as good quality as it does.

Fastest, and best quality. I stopped carrying a camera around with me 90% of the time now. Just use my iPhone, unless I need something nice, or needs to get some crazy zoom then i take my SLR.
    I don't have a secondary camera like you've mentioned E, but I can say as good quality as the 4S camera is, I've knocked asking for a "good" digital one off of my Christmas list because I'm extemely pleased with the 4S.
    noaim likes this.
    12-16-2011 03:06 PM
    I don't have a secondary camera like you've mentioned E, but I can say as good quality as the 4S camera is, I've knocked asking for a "good" digital one off of my Christmas list because I'm extemely pleased with the 4S.
    I think a lot of people have done the same thing. If phone cameras stay this good, or get better, I have a feeling the Camera market would pretty much drop off. I wouldn't say the will become extinct, because you will always have professionals that need the high end cameras, and some people really like having an actual camera. But I really could see the market lose a lot of ground.
    ThePinkChameleon likes this.
    12-16-2011 03:14 PM
    Nothing on this phone irritates me more than Siri. It's like she's actually managed to get dumber as time gets on.....even the most basic commands she used to understand with ease, she now botches. I've stopped using Siri for the most part. I also don't like the 20MB size limit on 3G downloads. I'm a big boy and can handle monitoring my data usage. A simple warning would be nice, not blocking me.
    12-16-2011 03:45 PM
    The " shake to undo typing" thing, I hate it, I've never used it and it cant be disabled...
    Haha....I didn't know this was a feature. My luck I'll go to shake to undo and accidentally hit send or post and send some embarassing half a post somewhere.
    12-16-2011 03:54 PM
    I think a lot of people have done the same thing. If phone cameras stay this good, or get better, I have a feeling the Camera market would pretty much drop off. I wouldn't say the will become extinct, because you will always have professionals that need the high end cameras, and some people really like having an actual camera. But I really could see the market lose a lot of ground.
    I think it will continue to and has had an impact on the P&S market. Especially those that just need to take a simple picture, it is way to convenient.

However, I'll never give up my Canon dSLR. It is a pain sometimes, but I make sure to have it when I know the shot counts.
    12-17-2011 02:11 AM
    I used to mistake the tweet button for the search button- but not anymore.
    12-17-2011 03:55 AM
    Mine has been shutting off randomly. Only solution is to do a hard reset.
    12-17-2011 11:08 AM
    It takes four clicks (minimum) to turn Bluetooth on/off
    Updating/Installing an app kicks you out of App Store
    Can't attach pictures to an email from Mail app (have to paste)

There are plenty of other small issue most if not all can be fixed by jailbreaking. I can't wait for the untethered 5.0.1 JB
    12-17-2011 05:17 PM

Actually, the new Galaxy Nexus has the fastest camera, and the HTC Rezound takes better pictures.
    12-17-2011 11:36 PM
    It takes four clicks (minimum) to turn Bluetooth on/off
    Updating/Installing an app kicks you out of App Store
    Can't attach pictures to an email from Mail app (have to paste)

There are plenty of other small issue most if not all can be fixed by jailbreaking. I can't wait for the untethered 5.0.1 JB
    Look into this: iPhone Settings Shortcuts by Jeff Broderick to relieve the Bluetooth, Wifi, and other woes...works amazing. Two clicks.

The only thing that I have found is not being able to post pics to Facebook directly from the camera roll, you have to go into FB and post from there. You can do it for Twitter, why not FB?
    Other than that, this phone is simply awesome.
    pecker115 and cocochannel like this.
    12-18-2011 10:45 AM
    Look into this: iPhone Settings Shortcuts by Jeff Broderick to relieve the Bluetooth, Wifi, and other woes...works amazing. Two clicks.

The only thing that I have found is not being able to post pics to Facebook directly from the camera roll, you have to go into FB and post from there. You can do it for Twitter, why not FB?
    Other than that, this phone is simply awesome.
    This is cool!
    Didnt know apple allowed stuff to be installed stuff that arent on the app store without jailbreaking.
    12-18-2011 11:34 AM
    The only thing that annoys me is that when you email someone that's not in your contact list and it's a once off email, it stores the address and there's no way of clearing them except restoring.
    I agree and this can be VERY annoying!
    12-18-2011 02:41 PM
    My main complaint is that, when on the phone, alerts BLAST into your ear.
    12-18-2011 05:52 PM
    Yeah! Especially custom tones that are 7 seconds long! Darnit!
    12-18-2011 05:57 PM
    Whenever I delete an app on my iPhone and then connect back to iTunes, the app comes back.
    12-18-2011 06:19 PM
    When you try to go back on a song and you lose the song completely.
    When my battery dies.
    Messing around with that complicated iTunes.
    12-18-2011 07:13 PM
    This is cool!
    Didnt know apple allowed stuff to be installed stuff that arent on the app store without jailbreaking.
    Don't get too used to it, I'm pretty sure I read that Apple closed that hole with the upcoming iOS update.
    12-18-2011 08:43 PM
    Ahhhhh....I have to agree with you on that one indeed. How many times I was on an important call with the school or doctor, and next I get *ding-ding* in my ear as they are on the other end explaining something to me & I have to ask them to please repeat what they just said
    12-18-2011 08:50 PM
    Whenever I delete an app on my iPhone and then connect back to iTunes, the app comes back.
    That's simple to solve. Delete the app on your phone. Open I Tunes, and go to "Applications" on the left tool bar. Find the app you no longer want on the phone and right click it and delete it. Connect the phone. When you sync up next time, it shouldn't be included in the sync. If it is, while the phone is connected, uncheck the box next to the app you don't want to have on the phone anymore and it won't show up again.
    dublex likes this.
    12-18-2011 09:23 PM
223 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD